White Haven Singletrack!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... White Haven Singletrack!

Out riding today....weather was great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    I rode there once last year. It was hard to navigate with all the leaves. How was it this time around?

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

most parts were easy to navigate but if by chance you do get lost follow the white dots spraypainted on the trees...
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Jake;

Great pics thanks for sharing. I really like the one pic with the suns rays shining all around you! Reminds us warm riding weather is on the way.

mtbr member
    It looks like it could use a raking.....I'd do it but I'm kinda in the middle of raking Middle Finger/Dead Deer/Hell Trail plus the Sunday workday at FS. Wait a minute....didn't you guys volunteer against your will to take care of that? Haha. It's a great place - don't let it get reclaimed by nature.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by krazcustoms
    It looks like it could use a raking.....I'd do it but I'm kinda in the middle of raking Middle Finger/Dead Deer/Hell Trail plus the Sunday workday at FS. Wait a minute....didn't you guys volunteer against your will to take care of that? Haha. It's a great place - don't let it get reclaimed by nature.
    Mike:

RAKING? What's a RAKE? We be 2 stroke maniacs and the blower is the proper tool for that. Someone has to use gas since the price dropped. You don't want OPEC to go out of business do you?, but, it is nice of Jake to offer to maintain(even if he didn't know that he offered) and I hear someone really close to him who is also a card carring member in DCNR & NEPMTBA is getting lot's of tools to take care of that trail. So Jake? Here's how you do that. "Hey Dad" I need(fill in list of tools here include "new" bike & a car in the list) to help maintain the trail... Thanks Dad! ...LOL!

Just kidding Jake...

mtbr member
    Actually I find a rake to be more useful when I'm doing it by myself. It's kinda difficult to trim/saw/pick up sticks/move rocks with a leaf blower strapped to your back. Plus it's a little quieter for the trails that aren't quite 'legit'.

GoCyco
    Nov 2005
    That's good stuff. Is there much blowdown? General trail conditions?

ganginwood
    doug....you live 5 minutes from there. go find out.

funny...i swore joe told me he was carving turns in there last week.

as for the raking...i'm more of a "natural" type guy. please leave the rakes at home.
    for me....pic # 5 is as good as it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Awesome pictures.

mtbr member
    lee- dont you think ive realized that by now! LOL just gotta turn on my charm lol

aizu1- not any blowdowns, however we only rode the first part......and as for trail contitions: most were dry with the only wet areas being in the swampy parts

ganginwood- i think joe was up there because parts were cleared and new additions to the trails
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

GoCyco
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood
    as for the raking...i'm more of a "natural" type guy. please leave the rakes at home.
    Yeah, I mean who really needs a "trail" when you can ride in piles of leaves.

mtbr member

Smile

lol YEAH MAN!!!!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by buddy123
    Awesome pictures.
    Buddy congrats on your first post! I know Joan would like riding there also!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood

How about we just ride on awesomely groomed dirt and rock trails and you can ride about two feet to either side in the leaves. Win-win for everyone!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Jake:

Did you and dad get out tonight? I rode the Moto.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

yes we got a ride in.....it was kinda cloudy but it was warm.....dad rode the redline!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by crashplayer19
    yes we got a ride in.....it was kinda cloudy but it was warm.....dad rode the redline!!!
    So let's me see? Dad now riding the Redline SS and now being a member of Team Redline has discovered the joy of singlespeeding or aka the re-enactment of "Wounded Knee"... LOL

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

haha he already said his knee hurt a little LOL!.........

Oh yeah....here are the pics from the ride on Thursday night!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    the first pic has him on my bike cuz we switched so i could get a taste of the singlespeed

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

White Haven singletrack

Where around White Haven is this singletrack? How do I find it? I live about 15 minutes away and am always looking for some nice singletrack to ride with some friends.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

for info on location id be better if you PM me
    Last edited by crashplayer19; 04-13-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0