Where to ride in Lehigh Valley/Carbon County??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Where to ride in Lehigh Valley/Carbon County??

Moved to Palmerton during the winter and with the weather turning nice again, I'm looking for some places to ride. I look around me and I see mountains surrounding our town and I'm hoping for some trails right in my backyard. I moved from Monroe County and used to ride Merli Sarnoski and Lackwanna State Park and am looking for something comparable within one hours driving distance.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Musichead13
    Moved to Palmerton during the winter and with the weather turning nice again, I'm looking for some places to ride. I look around me and I see mountains surrounding our town and I'm hoping for some trails right in my backyard. I moved from Monroe County and used to ride Merli Sarnoski and Lackwanna State Park and am looking for something comparable within one hours driving distance.
    Moon Lake.

I'm more of a dog person
    you're right in the heart of mtb country. Jim Thorpe is only minutes down the road from you. plus you have Salisbury and South Mountain. And if you do any DHing, Blue Mtn is supposed to be building lift service trails next month.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Check bikevmb.com for Lehigh Valley Beta.

stumpjumper2008
    From Palmerton, you can go south-east to Jacobsburg SP, north-east to Jim Thorpe and ride twin peaks or Bob's option from Mauch Chunk Lake Park, and there are also some singletrack trails along the canal path between Weisport and Jim Thorpe.

Weissport is like 10 minutes away.

VMB is also putting trails in Trexler Game Preserve which is about 20 minutes south-west of Palmerton.

mtbr member

Good job!

The top ridge around Lehigh University has some great single track,, Go check it out.
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike

Members who have read this thread: 0