Where are the Factory Demos in eastern PA this spring?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Where are the Factory Demos in eastern PA this spring?

Last few seasons I missed them. This season, for the brands I want to look at and try out, none are listed.

Let's start a list of where the 'manufacturer sponsored' demos are to occur. I'd include the geographic range as far south as Fair Hill, MD and north into the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre region.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Well, I'm not very knowledgable on this, but I do know that there will be Specialized demo bikes at Allamuchy in NJ and Salisbury in Bethlehem, PA for these events:

Home | Endurorama

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks, Spechy in one I was looking for. Keep 'em coming.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm interested in this topic as well. Especially since tight ass Bernie bragged about getting some nice Kenda tires for $20 each at some event.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Dave- check the spring flea market at the velo for tire deals. Best selection early, best deals late.

VELOFEST | The Valley Preferred Cycling Center

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Not quite east coast, but you won't find more demos than what they have at Dirtfest. At least 10 different companies there with lots-o-bikes. Take one out on the Allegrippis Trails for a couple hours. Great experience.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The Giant demo truck will be at Chester County Bicycles May 12th and 13th.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    It's too late, but the Trek demo truck was in York at Rocky Ridge today. I rode three new bikes ranging from $4600-$5500 and had a great time. They were in Gambrills MD yesterday. I think I found out from the Trek website.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Keswick cycle in Glennside PA "demos" a number of their specialized and cannondale 29'er and FS bikes throughout the season. It costs, I believe $45 - $60 to demo though... I don't know if the Trek Demo Truck charges you to demo. It's nice to get out there on a demo bike to get a feel for what the latest in high end range bikes have to offer. I rode a Specialized FSR Expert a few years back and was pretty blown away by the suspension and components on it. I got to ride it for the entire weekend. So it was pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SoobieNeil View Post
    Keswick cycle in Glennside PA "demos" a number of their specialized and cannondale 29'er and FS bikes throughout the season. It costs, I believe $45 - $60 to demo though... I don't know if the Trek Demo Truck charges you to demo. It's nice to get out there on a demo bike to get a feel for what the latest in high end range bikes have to offer. I rode a Specialized FSR Expert a few years back and was pretty blown away by the suspension and components on it. I got to ride it for the entire weekend. So it was pretty sweet.
    Thanks. I am aware of demos out of LBS shops, but I was specifically asking about when the factory demo teams (the trucks) swing by area for a weekend or plan to be at an organized event.

The problem with the shop demos, for what I want to try, is: As you pointed out they charge, sometimes a lot; they do not normally have every frame size, they do not always have all models, with the factory demo teams you get to talk to the people about the specific differences in models, and at the factory demo events you can ride up and have the demo team guys tweak or adjust something right there on the spot.

The LBS demos serve a purpose, but in this case not exactly what I want to try.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarswheelies View Post
    I'm interested in this topic as well. Especially since tight ass Bernie bragged about getting some nice Kenda tires for $20 each at some event.
    When they had the DH race at Blue Mtn last year, the Kenda trailer was there selling any tire for $20. Got some 29" Nevegals

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Fitness Central and Scott Bikes will be hosting an on-dirt demo on Wednesday, May 16 from 3-8pm. The Scott demo truck will be rollin up here to Schnecksville on Wednesday afternoon with a fleet of mountain bikes and road bikes. The mountain bikes will then be taken up to the Trexler Nature Preserve North Range trailhead and the road bikes will be demo'd from the shop. Refreshments will be provided.

This is a free event but all participants must bring their own pedals, helmet, drivers license and credit card. If under 18 you must have a parent with you.

Info can be found at bikevmb.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling View Post
    Dave- check the spring flea market at the velo for tire deals. Best selection early, best deals late.

VELOFEST | The Valley Preferred Cycling Center
    Thanks for the heads up on this. It was a 1.5 hr drive for me and I easily paid for my gas in deals.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    really... that was a huge disappointment for me... Thx to Bear Creek SR the whole ride up there was worth it.
    ReCycle

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholakov View Post
    really... that was a huge disappointment for me... Thx to Bear Creek SR the whole ride up there was worth it.
    Today's (Spring edition) was a bit on the light and mild side. Reminds me of some of the past ones they held in the parking lot when the track was being rehabed. I have to speak up in the defense of these. Been going to them for ten or 12 years, and you have to treat them as a treasure hunt, sometimes you find a treasure, sometimes no.

Back on topic, there were no factory demos at this velo fest (nor were there ever in the past). Let's keep listing upcoming events here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Pivot Cycles will have a bunch of bikes at Saucon Valley Bike's group ride this coming Wednesday at Jacobsburg state park. Starts at 6:30

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Salsa Demo Tour/Truck, Thursday May 17th, Brandywine Creek State Park plus Trophy Bike Shop plus Bicycle Revolutions. Last two both in Philly, so you could get a demo rig into the wis.

Link: Salsa Demo Tour - Mid-Atlantic Region & Dirt Fest | Salsa Cycles

Edit: I meant to add this yesterday, let's keep it here for future reference for next time.
    Last edited by XCoalMiner; 05-17-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: meant to add yesterday

Members who have read this thread: 0