What trails can we ride at night in PA?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

What trails can we ride at night in PA?

I was wondering what trails we can use lights and ride at night at. I have seen people at Nox with lights but was wondering if thats actually allowed and what other trails we could do this at would be.

Please respond with trails and I will gladly add list to the main post.

Trails:
    Allegheny National Forest
    Blue Marsh
    Bald Eagle SF
    Delano (Lofty Rd)
    Downingtown (harmony Hill)
    Geisinger
    French Creek (suggested to call ranger station in advance)
    Hopewell
    Lehigh University Trails
    Jacobsburg
    Marsh Creek
    Michaux SF
    Moon Lake
    Moosic Mountain
    Mt Penn
    Neshaminy
    Neversink
    Prompton
    Rattling Creek
    Roaring Creek
    Rothrock SF
    South Mountain
    Trexlertown Game Preserve
    Wissahickon

Last edited by Strife21; 10-27-2015 at 06:05 AM.

mtbr member
    I know in the bethlehem area we rode South mountain and Lehigh university's trails, sometimes Jacobsburg. In Lancaster area there's not a whole lot. I think its more of a case where you can be there if the sunset catches you but don't start the ride in the dark. Park rangers can give more specific data for their locations.
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

What trails can we ride at night in PA?

There's probably a fair share of trail systems that have no policy that expressly authorizes it, but neither do they prohibit it. State Forests lands are a good example of this: it "permitted" simply because DCNR doesn't prohibit it.
    (Tapa)

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I know Evansburg near my house says park closes at sunset, so that pretty much eliminates that. I am curious about Marsh Creek. Jacobsburg and Lehigh are not to far away from me and I am curious about Trexlertown Game Preserve.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Trexlertown is a yes i just found out adding it.

mtbr member
    I've been riding Trexler at night for years with no issues.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

Rattling Creek
    Roaring Creek
    Rothrock SF
    Michaux SF
    Bald Eagle SF
    Moon Lake
    Hopewell
    Geisinger
    Prompton
    Delano (Lofty Rd)
    Swatara
    Moosic Mountain

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I think all state forests are a go. Most of the state parks I've been to close at sunset so they'd be a no-go. Allegheny National Forest is a go....there are some exceptions at some recreation areas, but the hours are 6am-10pm at the one that I can think of that has it posted (Hearts Content).

mtbr member
    I understand any "State Forest" is pretty much a free for all, any time, all the time.

Swatara was mentioned, but that is only once a week, with restrictions, so I wouldn't consider that a real "affirmative" on it being a night riding place.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    The Nockamixon council told me night riding is a no go. Can ride there to sunset only.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I am curious about Valley Green/Wissahickon.

I actually just read the park curfew is 1am. So it appears its a go as well. Awesome.

mtbr member
    I'm curious as to what the real policy is with riding on PA State Game Lands property. Here is a link talking about a proposed usage permit (from June 2014). Here is a link to a local Bike Club's postings about the situation from January (must be signed in with Google to view it). And here is a photo of the posted regulations at State Game Lands #79 (which is very close to me here in Cambria County (link to photo):

Which roads are "normally open to public travel"? Are your typical game lands jeep trails open to public travel? And what type of travel - by foot? Or do they mean by vehicle (which is my assumption)? For #20, I never see signs posting biking prohibited. #31 might apply, not sure. There is also nothing saying you have to be off the property by any certain time.

So what's the conclusion? Anyone have a clear answer?

EDIT - I did some quick searching and it appears the intent is "designated areas only" and during times when there is no hunting going on. See these links if interested: State Game Lands and Hunter Trapper Education (very bottom of the page). There was a lot of talk about loopholes in this old thread (https://forums.mtbr.com/pennsylvania...al-304372.html), but no real conclusions.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    fairmount parks recently instituted a rather lame night time curfew over the winter it seems (originally it lasted just a few weeks to gun down some deer but the last few years it seems like they extended it to last pretty much all winter) i believe it is 8pm-6am.

that said it is a [email protected] rdiculous curfew that almost no one i know obeys.... we get plenty of night rides in and i commute through the park regularly in the dark after curfew and was only ever stopped once for a quick verbal warning on a night they actually were trying to gun down bambi and family. Personally I wouldn't let it stop me from riding wiss, belmont, or pennypack.

if they gave us a few weeks or even a month we couldn't ride i'd happily obey the curfew but if they want to stop me from riding all winter so they can have a couple random nights of hunting they'll have to catch me first.

Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    I'm curious...
    I'm not trying to be a dick, but what you're getting into is way off topic for this thread. There are scores of threads in this forum about all of the issues surrounding mountain biking in State Game Lands. In short, the PA Game Commission never acted on a few proposed changes to Game Land access last year that would have affected hiking and to the extent that there are any legal trails worth riding, mountain biking. Otherwise, legal mountain biking in game lands is highly restricted and with a few exceptions, the vast majority of the legal Game Land riding in the state is on shltty fire roads and double track. Info can be found here:

Pennsylvania Code
    State Game Lands (Go down to "Designated Routes" only designated routes are legal by PAGC definition.)

mtbr member
    Thanks jonz. That's all I needed to know. Confirmed my suspicions.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Practically speaking, while you're not supposed to ride Nox at night, the real issue is parking at the trailhead. You'll be ticketed. If you were able to park somewhere else, like the CVS down Tower Rd, and ride to the trailhead, there's usually no issue. YMMV.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by glorth2 View Post
    Practically speaking, while you're not supposed to ride Nox at night, the real issue is parking at the trailhead. You'll be ticketed. If you were able to park somewhere else, like the CVS down Tower Rd, and ride to the trailhead, there's usually no issue. YMMV.
    Thanks for that info.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    now that we're into fall, just wanted to bump this and see if there are any updates.

mtbr member
    I know. I've been working on a letter to sent to someone. Not sure who yet, I'd assume my local representative, perhaps also sending one to the governor.

First quick draft, without any better language or blending in additional information that I want to use yet.

Winter is fast approaching here in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Daylight is growing shorter, and with that, unfortunately comes what many people dread - cabin fever, and hibernation for a long and dark winter.

Pennsylvania is home to millions of acres of beautiful woods, and has 120 official State Parks encompassing over 283,000 acres of land. Of course, not all counties have official State Parks, but a neighboring county certainly does.

Currently, all State Parks as managed by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) are considered open only from sunrise until sunset. With the hours of daylight dwindling, but the demands of life and family not becoming shorter– most people do not have the ability to get to one of this Commonwealth’s 120 official state parks during the hours of sunrise to sunset. During the summer, when sunrise is 6:00 am or earlier and sunset does not occur until 8:30 or later, finding the time to enjoy the outdoors is relatively simple. However, once we observe the end of daylight savings time, and civil twilight occurs closer to 5:00 pm, it is quite obvious it is all but impossible for the average working Pennsylvania citizen to be able to enjoy any of our state parks on any day other than a non-working day.

If restrictions of the clock are not enough, Pennsylvania has a very large hunting community. The State Game Lands now encompass greater than 1.5 million acres of land. This land during the observed hunting seasons is, for all intents and purposes, completely unavailable to non-hunters for recreation, except on Sundays. Many of the State Parks are also open to both recreation and hunting, and causes conflict during the hunting season – at a time when daylight is at a premium to all citizens.

I would like to propose the legislative body in charge of the rules for our State Parks to allow legal, recreational, non-hunting usage of State Park lands beyond the hours of sunrise to sunset. It is my hope that with additional time being legal for the residents of the Commonwealth to enjoy State Parks, it will open more opportunity for everyone to become more active, especially during a normally very restrictive and harsh time of the year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Sals in Bethlehem

mtbr member
    Swatara State Park does not allow night riding. However SAMBA has an agreement that has to be renewed annually. It allows a Tuesday night ride with restrictions. It calls for a group ride, no solo riders, that must be out of the park by 9 pm. It also restricts parking to the mountain bike trail head and only riding on the mountain bike trails. This has not been renewed yet for the fall/winter 2015 season.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Mt Penn
    Neversink
    Blue Marsh

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Neshaminy
    Pennypack under the same rules as Wissahickon I believe

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    The thing that always stirred my attention to this matter is I fish and/or camp all night at certain parks, yet I can't mt bike! Hum?

mtbr member
    French creek is ok if you call the ranger station in advance. (we usually don't and have never had an issue).
    Downingtown (harmony Hill) is good for a night ride.
    I have been riding green Lane at night lately too.
    And I can confirm, mt Penn, neversink, and blue are all fine as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Rollertoaster- where do you park to night ride at FC - the lot off 345 and Shed Rd or the lot at Hopewell Lake? I haven't done a night ride there yet, but want to and I always worry about my car in a deserted lot at night. Every have any issues at Shed Rd?
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    The thing that always stirred my attention to this matter is I fish and/or camp all night at certain parks, yet I can't mt bike! Hum?
    Best part - liberal, screwed up, nutty environmentalist wacko California, where looking at someone is banned - you can ride at night very, very easily.

I guess PA government's precious woods are just not suitable to be in at night. We must ask for permission to go outside and be in the middle of no where after sunset.

Rolling on 650b
    Okay - somebody had to say it. They can't catch what they can't see. Park away from the area and ride in. It's not politically correct, but dammit - we're only riding bicycles here. Go ahead and rant at me. I feel better now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipless in PA View Post
    Park away from the area and ride in. It's not politically correct, but dammit - we're only riding bicycles here.
    I live near a state park that doesn't allow mtb on the trails thanks to the horse people. I ride the trails there at night on a rare occasion when I don't have time or desire to drive to trails. I have ridden by park personnel sitting in their warm vehicle on a cold night and have had nothing happen - expected to get spoken to, but nothing. I've also ridden my fat bike on the trails in the daylight when they're covered in snow.
    I know I'm not the only one to do both, as I see other tire tracks at night and in the snow.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    You cannot officially ride at night at some of the places listed. Some of them have a gentlemen's agreement where the land supervisor turns a blind eye but i'm not quite sure publicizing this is the best idea.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    You cannot officially ride at night at some of the places listed. Some of them have a gentlemen's agreement where the land supervisor turns a blind eye but i'm not quite sure publicizing this is the best idea.
    Help us out - to which areas are you referring?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2006 View Post
    Help us out - to which areas are you referring?
    Trexler, for sure.

I forgot to mention this before but at Salisbury you need to contact the township and sign a waiver and then display a sign in your car. I'm sure most don't, but that was the rule that got night riding permission there granted so hopefully people follow it.

Lehigh University, holy jeebus you shouldn't even mention the Lehigh Univ. trails on a public forum. That is the biggest case of "turn a blind eye" ever. They are super, super generous with being chill with the public riding in there, especially with some of the features in those trails. And that is for DAY TIME- you're not even supposed to talk about day riding on the Lehigh trails, let alone night riding. It's kind of like an unspoken rule.

I guess my point is, only night ride somewhere if you are intimately familiar with the trails and the rules. You could otherwise ruin a good thing for the locals.

mtbr member
    Sals in Bethlehem
    Man, sals at night would be challenging!
    It is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Man, sals at night would be challenging!

It is fun but I get the heebie-jeebies night riding alone. Once I flew out of the woods onto Constitution at the bottom and there was a group of teens I didn't expect who I think were just as scared of me as I of them; another time some ne'er-do-wells were driving up Constitution and yelling threatening things to me as I was climbing the switchbacks.

mtbr member
    Heebie Jeebies come with riding at night. Sometimes you get them sometimes you don't but everyone has that 1 spot where you always get them lol.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipless in PA View Post
    Okay - somebody had to say it. They can't catch what they can't see.
    Flurry will never get caught! LOL

mtbr member
    I might try to ride Swatara Thursday night around 8 just to make sure no one is breaking the rules. Think of it as night ride prevention.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by justriding View Post
    Rollertoaster- where do you park to night ride at FC - the lot off 345 and Shed Rd or the lot at Hopewell Lake? I haven't done a night ride there yet, but want to and I always worry about my car in a deserted lot at night. Every have any issues at Shed Rd?
    Shed rd lot. Call the ranger station and let them know you are out there.
    We aren't allowed to ride at night there but if we are courteous it shouldn't become a problem.

Team _________

mtbr member
    Trexler, for sure.

I forgot to mention this before but at Salisbury you need to contact the township and sign a waiver and then display a sign in your car. I'm sure most don't, but that was the rule that got night riding permission there granted so hopefully people follow it.

Lehigh University, holy jeebus you shouldn't even mention the Lehigh Univ. trails on a public forum. That is the biggest case of "turn a blind eye" ever. They are super, super generous with being chill with the public riding in there, especially with some of the features in those trails. And that is for DAY TIME- you're not even supposed to talk about day riding on the Lehigh trails, let alone night riding. It's kind of like an unspoken rule.

I guess my point is, only night ride somewhere if you are intimately familiar with the trails and the rules. You could otherwise ruin a good thing for the locals.
    That's interesting. A while back trexler posted on their Facebook page that night riding was ok

Team _________

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    We've been riding the Wiss a few nights a week for the last 10 years and have never had a problem. I've heard about the curfew, but have never been stopped. Really the night is the best time to ride the Wiss. No traffic or walkers or dogs in the trail.

As for Nox, say if you were to break the rules and ride at night, I've heard that they are onto people parking at CVS. Jeez I wonder how they figured 5 cars with bike racks in the corner of the lot for hours isn't someone buying rubbers!

I also heard recently, second hand so take it for what it is worth, that you can be at Nox in the dark if you are fishing. So carry a fishing license and you can ride at night.

All that being said, there was recently a demo and sanctioned night ride at the park. It sounded like the Park Super was open to the idea of allowing people to ride at night, so maybe it's just a matter of time.
    - 2013 Pivot Mach 429 C
    - 2010 Niner MCR
    - 2009 Cannondale Super Six HM
    - 2007 Santa Cruz Super Light

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster View Post
    That's interesting. A while back trexler posted on their Facebook page that night riding was ok

They did, but from what I understand it's not like a shout it from the mountain thing. The county Parks dude said "ok" but we need to keep it chill like with the hunters and stuff, due to the negotiations with Wildlands Cons. and the county to replace the trails we are losing. So, go forth and ride but be cool, mind the hunters and such.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I don't think there is necessarily any bias against mtbers riding at night in, say, state parks. They're generally officially closed at night, so no one's supposed to be there at all.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    for marsh creek, where's the best spot to park?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Z. Ryder View Post
    I don't think there is necessarily any bias against mtbers riding at night in, say, state parks. They're generally officially closed at night, so no one's supposed to be there at all.
    Lou

Turkey and deer hunters are in there at night if you consider 3am night...LOL

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

hey fancy seeing you here.

Chilling out
    Lou Z., IIRC it's actually against most park regulations for people to be on the trails after nightfall. I think it's a safety liability thing. In some cases various groups (bikers and other) have established signed agreements to allow for group activities at night, but this is the exception and not the rule.

Of course, there has to be official patrolling to enforce this, and I can't say how much that happens.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Trexler, for sure.

Should I remove Trex? Let me know on any others you think I should remove from list. I am not trying to anger anyone.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkranked View Post
    hey fancy seeing you here.
    Thus the reason it is on the list. I will remove it if Jared says so though as I think hes really close with the Trex community.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkranked View Post
    for marsh creek, where's the best spot to park?
    There is smaller lot I park in near the middle of the park rather then the larger lot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
    Best part - liberal, screwed up, nutty environmentalist wacko California, where looking at someone is banned - you can ride at night very, very easily.
    Depends on land manager. Some places are open 24 hours (or 5am-midnight or some such), but most are not. Some places have heavy enforcement, some do not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife21 View Post
    There is smaller lot I park in near the middle of the park rather then the larger lot.
    The small lot is off of Chalfont rd. Takes less than 5min to ride to the boat launch lot and saves me 10min of driving from my house.

Team _________

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The small lot is off of Chalfont rd. Takes less than 5min to ride to the boat launch lot and saves me 10min of driving from my house.
    If you live north of the park, agreed this is the most convenient parking - i park here when i ride MC.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thus the reason it is on the list. I will remove it if Jared says so though as I think hes really close with the Trex community.

my post was actually directed at rollertoaster, as he frequents another forum I'm on as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdilf View Post
    If you live north of the park, agreed this is the most convenient parking - i park here when i ride MC.
    Agreed. If you live south than the small lot off of Dorlan Mill road is great. https://www.google.com/maps/place/40...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    night riding season is upon us. any updates/changes for the upcoming season?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Nockamixon State Park's management and rangers have absolutely made it clear that they do NOT allow night riding and the CVS/Turkey Hill complex's property owner out on Rt. 611 does tow mtbrs' cars.

Salisbury Township's Walking Purchase Park "Sals" does formally allow night rifing but you need a free permit from the township to park in the Dodson St. lot after dusk AFAIK.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Wednesday night rides at Hunlocks Grove Assoc...
    ...absolutely, positively, on purpose, with out doubt!

NIGHT RIDES!
    and plenty of ROCKS!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    HGA Wednesdays 6PM. We'll ride as late as you want.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Here! Here! Better bring extra bat-rees! LOL

Chilling out
    The Anthracite Mountain Pedalers have a standing (written) agreement with DCNR for Tuesday night rides for France Slocum SP (just renewed last spring, good for another 5 or 10 years), there has been a dearth of available ride leaders lately but the ride usually gathers at 6pm at the Carverton Rd trailhead.

Officially, liability waivers should be on file for people participating. It's a drag but it's a one-time thing.

I'll be hitting that more frequently now that I'm getting more desperate for week-day riding, look for the orange bike. ;^)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    There are still Wednesday night rides at Moon Lake. Hit the trails at 6-6:15, although I won't be participating in these or any others for 4-6 weeks, due to 3 tears in my hamstring. CRAP. Guess I'll be watching a lot of youtube biking videos.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Green Lane is good to go. I have spoken with the rangers in the past and their official statement is "Park closes at sunset". Followed by "but we leave at 6 so what we don't see...just be careful."
    I've never seen anyone out there at night other than the guys I'm with so I definitely suggest not riding alone.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Ive never been hassled at Green Lane, but also have never seen anyone.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    by larger lot, are you referring to the lot at the boat launch?

mtbr member
    A lot of the DNRC guys tend to be nice, but the ones I have talked to say State Forest the only restriction is no "overnight" parking, which obviously you aren't doing when you night ride. State Parks are definitely closed at night and should not be ridden (honestly most of the State Parks near Forbes where I ride you aren't allowed to ride the trails during the day either, they are hiking only). I don't know if that's the official rule, but that's the answer I was given when I asked.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell View Post
    State Parks are definitely closed at night and should not be ridden (honestly most of the State Parks near Forbes where I ride you aren't allowed to ride the trails during the day either, they are hiking only). I don't know if that's the official rule, but that's the answer I was given when I asked.
    Discrimination! I can fish the lake at Frances Slocum ALL NIGHT! And State Parks that have trout streams I can fish 24 hours a day after opening day. They have told me they don't have staff on so I'm not allowed on the trails "SUPER BS" They have also told me after hours I should call 911 if I have a problem! Maybe I should tip my boat over and ***** no one was there to help ME!

Now ya wanna talk about hiking only BS? I once had a ranger tell me about hiking trails that were too tough for me to ride. I asked him how he knew what I could or couldn't ride!

Hunting? WOW! Yup can be out in a State Park well before dawn posting up a deer or turkey stand.

OK my rant is done...
    ...I'm going night riding!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell View Post
    A lot of the DNRC guys tend to be nice, but the ones I have talked to say State Forest the only restriction is no "overnight" parking, which obviously you aren't doing when you night ride. State Parks are definitely closed at night and should not be ridden (honestly most of the State Parks near Forbes where I ride you aren't allowed to ride the trails during the day either, they are hiking only). I don't know if that's the official rule, but that's the answer I was given when I asked.
    marsh creek has signs stating "fishing and boating only after sundown".

went last wednesday, parked by the boat lunch on the west side. I normally park at the end of chalfont road, but there is the gate on chalfont and i didn't wanna take any chances.

mtbr member
    When having these conversations with DNRC guys, it was clear I was talking more about riding (as opposed to say fishing, boating or hunting). So I am not sure how those rules would differ. And again, maybe it is more the area I am in. For example, you can ride whatever the hell you want in Forbes State Forest day or night. But if you ride down the hill into Linn Run State Park, the park is closed to everyone at night and is off limits to bikes even during the day.

mtbr member
    Mount Gretna, Governor Dick side is now LEGAL ON THURSDAYS ONLY, UNTIL 9:00.

It is a TRIAL RUN, but very positive, so you do NOT want to violate this riding agreement.

Again, ONLY THURSDAY NIGHTS UNTIL 9:00 (MUST BE OFF THE GROUNDS AND PARKING LOTS BY 9:00), GOVERNOR DICK TRAILS, Mount Gretna.
    "Go soothingly in the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    So its all about control...
    ...we pay taxes for these lands and should have more say in how things work? HELL YES!

My comments about fishing, hunting and so on are that if you can do those events then mt biking should be allowed also! They don't have to babysit us during the day when we bike, and we sure don't need them to babysit us at night, in the fact that I was told to call 911 if I had a problem, meaning there is no one at the helm at the park office.

Besides most trail building, maintaining mt bikers know more about the trails than most park managers. I would think the park managers job should be to be more involved with park trails and not bumper boats, but bumper boats make money... of course if mt bikers paid to use the trails? OH!!!!! Then would we have clout?

Now don't get me wrong, there are parks in my area who have a great staff and total involvement in trails and trail events, and most important work with volunteers to improve the trails and overall riding experience!

mtbr member
    Greetings,

I'm looking to join or start a group of weekly night riding @ High Rocks. Looks like EMS Warrington was leading weekly rides in '09 based on an old post search. Just moved to Chalfont/New Britain, and with 2 small kids this is the closest and most realistic weekly riding option not to mention a great place to polish skills. I'm assuming night riding happens there....true? No hassles? Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Not riding trex anymore.
    Not much left around the Lehigh valley to ride at night now. This sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Salisbury Township's Walking Purchase Park "Sals" allows nightriding but you need to fill out a parking permit application to park at Dodson Street lot after dusk. From what I heard their police department WILL ticket your car without it.

mtbr member
    1 high profile person has been complaining about lights back there at night for years. I remember a few years ago it was a issue cause a well know mtb'er was XC skiing back there at night during winter. That place could be something special if it was handled correctly. Its so small and run down now I drive past it to go other places, such a shame...

mtbr member
    Name:  trex.PNG
Views: 638
Size:  24.4 KB

EDIT: I know this is an old thread, but please take Lehigh off that list.

Hermit
    Western PA has Kennerdell and Quebec Run that I believe can be ridden at night. Both are in state forests.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Harmony Hill in Downingtown

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by swampboy62 View Post
    Western PA has Kennerdell and Quebec Run that I believe can be ridden at night. Both are in state forests.

Steve Z
    Brady's Run is also good to go for night riding.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBullottaPA View Post
    Harmony Hill in Downingtown
    At the Skelp Level trailhead it says "open til sunset except by special permit". Is there a permit process for night riding at Harmony Hill?

I'm Local
    Night riding in Mt. Gretna on TR4

https://youtu.be/VjbywTZ1X8I

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    As far as I know all state parks require a permit and a process of reporting before and after head count. We have to do this at Frances Slocum SP

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk