What happened to the Wissahickon Bowl?- Mtbr.com
    Go for the throat

What happened to the Wissahickon Bowl?

Rode the wiss a few days ago for the first time since last year hoping to session the bowl for a bit and discovered everything had been leveled. Anyone know when this happened and who was behind it?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Don't know about that but there is a CRAZY washout of the trail that comes down the hill and hits forbidden drive just before Valley Green restaurant. Its amazing what water can do, it looks like an army of people with OCD spent months stacking the rocks in the crevice. I was pissed I didn't have my blackberry to take pics. Its beautiful and scary at the same time.

Also noticed that the nice horseshoe shaped wall that was built around one of the problem runoff areas further down forbidden drive a few years ago was completely demolished again.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Oh man, that sucks. Not like I could ride most of that stuff, but it was fun to go...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Im sure someone else from PMBA will come along eventually but there's a thread about over on there site. basically Fairmount Park commission came in and leveled everything. really not surprised, they were never legal jumps and represented a liability. hopefully in the future something legitimate can be built in the vacinity.

mtbr member
    http://www.phillymtb.org/index.php?o...p&topic=1461.0

This sucks to hear, but I think we all knew it was coming eventually... Hopefully the plans to build a legal skills park come to fruition
    Team _________

I'm more of a dog person
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    Don't know about that but there is a CRAZY washout of the trail that comes down the hill and hits forbidden drive just before Valley Green restaurant. Its amazing what water can do, it looks like an army of people with OCD spent months stacking the rocks in the crevice. I was pissed I didn't have my blackberry to take pics. Its beautiful and scary at the same time.

Also noticed that the nice horseshoe shaped wall that was built around one of the problem runoff areas further down forbidden drive a few years ago was completely demolished again.
    flowing water is the Wiss's worst enemy. that place takes a beating year in and year out. i wouldn't be suprised if the whole park collapsed into the creek one day.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Had great plans to ride the bowl on the previous Saturday and yep it seems the fun police have struck again.

Members who have read this thread: 0