Website of Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Website of Trails

I've asked it before ... and I know there are some sites out there, but they all seem a bit scattered and to not contain great info on trails. What are the website you use to get good info on new trails? Only riding for a couple years and haven't built that group of people with a ton of knowledge. I've also learned people are very territorial about their "secret" areas which sucks. I mean, I get it.. I really do. You have a great spot and don't want a ton of people ruining the trail. But that hurts those of us who love to ride and would never wreck a trail ... just looking for those places that aren't a dime a dozen to find online.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    MTBR lets you search trails by state and nearest town, and if you're on the east side of the state you can check out the Valley Mountain Bikers (Lehigh Valley area) and Philly Area Mountain Bikers trails websites. If you have a local club, they will often do social rides which can be a good way to discover new trails, some of which may be "off the grid"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Double Post
    Last edited by wacotangofoxtrot; 04-15-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Double post

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info!!

mtbr member
    I still wouldn't mind seeing something out there that has a more comprehensive search feature with more reviews, etc. I think that is up to us as the mountain biking community to get it going though. It would be good to have a centralized place for all clubs and people to get together ideas to advocate for re-opening of trails, etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiah View Post
    I still wouldn't mind seeing something out there that has a more comprehensive search feature with more reviews, etc. I think that is up to us as the mountain biking community to get it going though. It would be good to have a centralized place for all clubs and people to get together ideas to advocate for re-opening of trails, etc.
    Where in PA are you located?

mtbr member
    Carlisle

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Have you checked the trail reviews here on MTBR...

...some are really entertaining, right down to detailed instructions, "turning at the stone on your left then right at the two sticks" I enjoy the personal stories, but also feel finding and exploring are part of mt biking.

mtbr member
    jbev88 pm sent
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    from carlisle, take 81 south to newville, get off at 233 and turn left. keep driving about 8 miles till you get to the T in the road. turn right. drive about 2 miles. just after michaux road there is a parking lot on your right. You should see a big mud bank with a trail going up it. park and have fun.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I was up at Michaux yesterday and had a blast. That is where I used to ride when I was into mountain biking years ago. Now that I'm getting back into it, I definitely will keep going there, but I'm just hoping for some variety. I know that people are talking about the greenbelt trails and that's an option. Just going to have to do some more exploring and build a good rotation.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by jmiah View Post
    Yeah, I was up at Michaux yesterday and had a blast. That is where I used to ride when I was into mountain biking years ago. Now that I'm getting back into it, I definitely will keep going there, but I'm just hoping for some variety. I know that people are talking about the greenbelt trails and that's an option. Just going to have to do some more exploring and build a good rotation.
    Nice to hear, having a blast is the key and sounds like you sure fulfilled your goal!

Members who have read this thread: 0