Wacky Encounter at Valley Forge- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Wacky Encounter at Valley Forge

Last weekend I was riding the on the VF side along the river. Been riding there for years. About half way through my usual loop, I see a hiker about 50 yards down the trail. Not unusual I think to myself. Then I notice his shirt is off and is fish belly white and has a really hairy back. Again, not unusual it was really hot. About twenty yards closer, I realize the guy is completely naked except for hiking boots. At this point I give a polite "bike behind you" shout. Well, the guy would have crapped his pants if he were wearing any. He jumped and turned at the same time with his twigs and berries flopping in the breeze. I slowed down, making eye contact the entire time. I asked him if "everything ok or just doing his thing". He replied he was "just doing his thing" I replied "right on nature boy" and finished my ride What ever floats your boat I suppose.

mtbr member
    should have been there 5 minutes earlier before the deer managed to wrestle free

Quote Originally Posted by hypermac
    Last weekend I was riding the on the VF side along the river. Been riding there for years. About half way through my usual loop, I see a hiker about 50 yards down the trail. Not unusual I think to myself. Then I notice his shirt is off and is fish belly white and has a really hairy back. Again, not unusual it was really hot. About twenty yards closer, I realize the guy is completely naked except for hiking boots. At this point I give a polite "bike behind you" shout. Well, the guy would have crapped his pants if he were wearing any. He jumped and turned at the same time with his twigs and berries flopping in the breeze. I slowed down, making eye contact the entire time. I asked him if "everything ok or just doing his thing". He replied he was "just doing his thing" I replied "right on nature boy" and finished my ride What ever floats your boat I suppose.

mtbr member
    Well, without getting into the gory details, on the Betzwood side of the Schuylkill River, there is some kind of "area" where people we call "suspects" hang out in their cars and make friends with others doing the same thing and sometimes wander into the woods and have fun, I guess. The only problem I have with that, besides the shady looks we get when we ride by the cars, is when you are bombing down a trail and you startle 2 of these people with their twigs and berries flopping and they take off in separate directions...
    bike = good

mtbr member

Valley Forging

The recent weather jetstream does that to people.

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    Haha, awesome story.
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Ugh, the "suspects" down at Betz. They stare you down as you ride by, so creepy... we stopped riding in/out that way, but I do like jibbing that flat rock at the trailhead. I could see crapping my pants before using that public bathhouse (restroom) there.

mtbr member
    I had the same thing happen to me back in 2000 at the very same spot. Some things never change.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yeah,
    I made the mistake of riding through the brambles on the Betzwood side once....some pretty strange $hit going on there, I think.
    Haven't ridden there for a while and I don't think I will soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Seems like it...

ol' dusty lungs
    uhhh yeahh.... i was doing a search for raystown lake on flickr and i came up with this guy, "doin his thing"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3523753...7622045054814/

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Haha, this is rediculous, but I think I can top this. About 2 weeks ago, I came across an old lady...I'd say about 80 years old in the middle of the woods walking up the trail with no pants on. Idk WTF was going on, but I certainly did not want to ask. I'm scared to go in the woods anymore.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    A few years ago I was riding at Sals and went by a guy wearing nothing but what appeared to be shackles around his wrists. Got to a safe place and called the police. It turned into a big deal. My description to the police matched a murderer of two New York Troopers. Sals is located on the borders of about five jurisdictions and they were all out searching. I helped the police from Fountain Hill find their way around on the trails.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Isn't there a detention facility somewhere down by the train tracks, right near sals?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    Isn't there a detention facility somewhere down by the train tracks, right near sals?
    Nope- its a hospital :P
    Sals is a stretch of green between Allentown and Bethlehem that is sometimes used as a corridor by folks who want to stay 'out of sight' but they usually stay closer to the railroad tracks because its easier/faster walking. Weirdest thing Ive seen down there were some skinned animals.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I ran across a guy walking nude on the Blue Marsh trails. He was carrying his shorts in his hand. Apparently he's a common sight there, and is referred to simply as "naked guy".

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    Quote Originally Posted by the sloth
    uhhh yeahh.... i was doing a search for raystown lake on flickr and i came up with this guy, "doin his thing"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3523753...7622045054814/

Eww, now I'm afraid to go out anymore while I'm up here.

Yuck.

Lol.
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    Nope- its a hospital :P
    No, I'm aware of St. Lukes. I'm talking about this place:

MEN'S COMMUNITY
    CORRECTION CENTER
    1600 Riverside Drive
    Bethlehem, PA 18016

It's a jail. Google maps can't handle the address, but if you check out the directions on the Lehigh County Corrections website, it brings you right to this place, which is just north (across the railroad tracks) from Salisbury.

Don't talk to strangers, kiddies.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    Yes, it is a minimal security mens correctional inst. You will see a lot of traffic back and forth about the time shifts would change, lol. Work release is popular there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Sals fun facts

Yeah Sals has a prison that is used for inmates in the work release program. I've spent a lot of time in that general area building trails and the weirdest thing I've seen is the hobo guy have a bad day and he running away from us in the woods. I did see some dude practicing powerslides in a stolen car on Constitution one time. He was having fun until he went off the road and wacked some trees.

There is a good story from Sals though-a trail there is unofficially known as the
    " DICK CHAINY".This is the lower red.

Apparently some riders saw a naked guy spanking the monkey next to the trail - while he had a chain tied around his nads.
    Last edited by Guitarswheelies; 08-23-2009 at 10:19 AM.

I'm a bottom feeder...
    Some funny ****....the pictures of he dude on the houseboat were most disturbing...

Members who have read this thread: 0