W. PA shuttle trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

W. PA shuttle trails?

hey all,
    I'll be heading to Pittsburgh with a couple friends to show them the riding gems a stone's throw from the city, since PA has the best riding within a four hour drive of me. North park, Frick and Hartwood are on the list so far.

I'm planning on entering a couple super-d type events this year, so taking advantage of the elevation around you and riding some downhill/enduro type trails would be great. Is there anything in the area besides dr j? Stunts are not a must, but any leads towards long, sustained downhill, preferably with a mellow pedal back up or the ability to shuttle would be a huge plus. I can't find anything by searching, but I'm sure its there. I know if you were to search downhill trails in my area, nothing would come up, but there is enough to keep a rider amused for an afternoon, and we have much less elevation.

I have no intentions of blowing up a spot and will treat it with respect. I've fought enough battles here to know better, so PM works great too. I plan on being out that way the 3rd week of April if the weather holds.

many thanks
    Hunter

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
    hey all,
    I'll be heading to Pittsburgh with a couple friends to show them the riding gems a stone's throw from the city, since PA has the best riding within a four hour drive of me. North park, Frick and Hartwood are on the list so far.

I'm planning on entering a couple super-d type events this year, so taking advantage of the elevation around you and riding some downhill/enduro type trails would be great. Is there anything in the area besides dr j? Stunts are not a must, but any leads towards long, sustained downhill, preferably with a mellow pedal back up or the ability to shuttle would be a huge plus. I can't find anything by searching, but I'm sure its there. I know if you were to search downhill trails in my area, nothing would come up, but there is enough to keep a rider amused for an afternoon, and we have much less elevation.

I have no intentions of blowing up a spot and will treat it with respect. I've fought enough battles here to know better, so PM works great too. I plan on being out that way the 3rd week of April if the weather holds.

many thanks
    Hunter
    djsbad and I are from Pittsburgh Pa. Try Ohio Pyle. We are just getting into biking so I am learning trails as we go along.

sent from Country Girl's Bamfette ReZound using Xparent RED HOT Tapatalk!

mtbr member
    I haven't been to either one, so can't comment on their rides but at Ohiopyle, there was a Super D race last year during the Month of Mud series. Seven springs also has lift-accessed trails during the summer. Also, don't miss Moraine State Park, where there are lots of good technical riding and rock gardens.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ger View Post
    I haven't been to either one, so can't comment on their rides but at Ohiopyle, there was a Super D race last year during the Month of Mud series. Seven springs also has lift-accessed trails during the summer. Also, don't miss Moraine State Park, where there are lots of good technical riding and rock gardens.
    I forgot about Moraine State Park.

Nice no rass
    Laurel Mountain: Fish Run is a great, really long downhill that you can ride the road (Linn Run Rd.) back up or shuttle. Entering it from Hobblebush is also another great DH section.

7 Springs won't be open until Memorial Weekend or so for lift served and DH trails, but there are some decent dh cross country sections, the back side loops won't be opened up for another week or so though. Unless everything has melted and the access is there already.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    sweet, thanks for the info! Is there a trail map up anywhere?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
    sweet, thanks for the info! Is there a trail map up anywhere?
    Go to the top of the site and click on trails, then hit pa. Search thru and it has a map too

Nice no rass
    google Laurel Mountain and Linn Runn, State Parks have PDF's online.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Brady's run park in beaver county has some great single tracks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    I would ride frick the most i think its by far the best of places you mentioned for enduro type stuff.I ride there alot and its only 20 min from my house in traffic.Really fun little features and there are a few nice size rock drops.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet bill View Post
    I would ride frick the most i think its by far the best of places you mentioned for enduro type stuff.I ride there alot and its only 20 min from my house in traffic.Really fun little features and there are a few nice size rock drops.
    Where abouts u at. We are5 mins from Kennywood Park.

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    I live in brentwood

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I live in brentwood
    Right up the street from us. Maybe one day we will cross paths on our bikes.

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl23 View Post
    Right up the street from us. Maybe one day we will cross paths on our bikes.

I have an orange el guapo im not to hard to spot lol.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have an orange el guapo im not to hard to spot lol.
    We'll keep our eyes out. We both have specialized 29s. Mine is deep red and djsbad is black with fire engine red and white. We both have matching black/red/white helmets.

Members who have read this thread: 0