Universal Cycles in Lancaster- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Universal Cycles in Lancaster

I just checked out the new (several months old) Universal Cycles in Lancaster and wanted to give them some publicity here. It isn't a traditional bike shop with complete bikes on display, but is a retail storefront for their bike part distribution company. The storefront is attached to the warehouse, so they have a lot of inventory on site. The inventory at that particular location can be searched on their website https://www.universalcycles.com I was impressed with the high end parts in the show room and was able to pick up a couple of things that at least one other local shop didn't have in stock. I'm not sure how it would work with the local storefront, but the website has a price matching feature. I will still support Shirk's bike shop on the other side of the county, but it makes me happy to have another source of high end MTB parts nearby.

mtbr member
    The shop in Portland always has a fleet of built bikes for sale. One thing I really like about universal, given their inventory, is the chance to handle and compare high end/botique brand parts before purchase. You can price match on your phone in store & have always honored their online deals/coupons in store for me. They're also top notch if not the best in the biz, for dealing with warranties and stuff. I like to spread my mtb dollars around, and universal is a brick and mortar store that hires many employees. I like what they bring to the table.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

my church is the woods
    Lancaster County has something like 25 bike shops. Everyone is trying to get in on the action.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by moonraker View Post
    Lancaster County has something like 25 bike shops. Everyone is trying to get in on the action.
    Only a few with decent mountain bike and parts inventory in my bike snob opinion.

mtbr member
    I actually noticed this awhile ago and live like a hour away. There's nothing bad about this IMHO. They sell outright there and have a large warehouse, closer shipping for east coast, they are awesome to work with and you can order online to pick up there if you want.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Meh. Now i have to pay sales tax on my orders no matter which warehouse they ship from. I suspect tree fort is going to be getting more orders from me.

mtbr member
    Plus treefort is now on activejunky. So double plus.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes