unbelievably pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Upset unbelievably pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres the former thread i posted as to me grooming the spaghetti bowl...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=134675

i took a ride back today to see how it looked and someone tore everything i did apart. every pionter log, thrown into the trail and all the leaves kicked back over the path in a way that totally hid it again. smaller fallen trees set up to block the path, etc.. i'd like to think kids did this but i have a hard time with that considering how much dedication must have been put into destroying my hard work. some ****** went back there and did that **** on purpose and spent a good hour doing it. well guess what, i'm gonna regroom it tomorrow morning and if i catch you out there doin **** to the trail you're gonna get a rake handle up your ass (and don't think i'll be goin back there defenceless either)! i just hope another biker didn't do this.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    you know what? i'm gonna ride belmont tomorrow morning instead. i'll get back to grooming on friday or something.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by too40sx
    you know what? i'm gonna ride belmont tomorrow morning instead. i'll get back to grooming on friday or something.
    I would be more than willing to help out...keep the posts updated. Usually I park at the lot on Livesey Lane near the ball fields...is that close to the area you are talking about?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    yeah, just follow through past kitchens lane to lincoln drive. then go left up lincoln drive through that little parking lot and up the side walk and you're at the intersection of rittenhouse and linclon drive. just cross over and proceed from there like i said in the other post. any help is super appreiciated. i'll be there friday morning if its not rainin too bad or anything.

Freshly Fujified

Bummer

No good deed goes unpunished. Hard to imagine why someone would go through all the trouble. Could be kids, could be anti-bikers, who knows? Sorry to see your work go down the tubes, and glad to see you're willing to go back and do it all over again.

Hope we can hook up on Sunday.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    too40sx

you up for an afterwork (or me 4:45 or later) ride? or are you riding this weekend? i need to see these trails!

i'd bet it was some hiking-nazi's that ruined your work....

just hit me up with an e-mail, or post up here!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    i'll be out all day sunday. friday and ssaturday i'll be riding in the morning.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by too40sx
    i'll be out all day sunday. friday and ssaturday i'll be riding in the morning.
    what about the RAIN???

you got any days to ride next week?

with the weather this weekend, it looks like i'll be sticking to the roads for riding if we get anywhere near the rain they predict.

i planned an mtb ride for monday but i gotta see how the trails are before i commit to that even...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by max-a-mill
    what about the RAIN???

you got any days to ride next week?

with the weather this weekend, it looks like i'll be sticking to the roads for riding if we get anywhere near the rain they predict.

i planned an mtb ride for monday but i gotta see how the trails are before i commit to that even...

yeah, looks like i'm not riding much this weekend, i guess its spinning and squats in the gym for me... i'm always down to ride during the week on tuesday.

mtbr member

That trail is a train wreck.

Were you just groomng the existing trails or making new ones? Shortly after the original trail was cut up there, someone went bananas and cut new trail over every square inch of ground, so much so that it is difficult to even follow the trail. I havent been there in a few months, but if nothing has changed its basically 'Exhibit A' as to why bikes shouldnt be allowed in the park. As great as Belmont is, the "Spaghetti Bowl" is a disaster.

I can see why a local resident might be a little peeved with your work, and calling them "Hiking Nazis" is a little inflammatory, no?

Members who have read this thread: 0