Trexler map etc..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Trexler map etc..

I am going to be in Allentown this weekend, thinking of checking out the Trexler rails, anyone know where I can find a trail map? also how easy is it to find your way around the trails?.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Check out http://www.bikevmb.com for the info you need...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Thanks.
    I think the trail map up there is old but I am not sure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    It is, but it will give you the best info with the possible exception of trailforks or mtb project.
    Let me ask - why Trexler? There are other quality spots in the area... What sort if trail are you looking for?
    I haven't ridden there in a few years. It was still fun despite the trail closures. Not too difficult to navigate.
    Let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by wrc2006; 10-03-2018 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added question

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Just figured that it fairly easy to navigate, looking for somewhere that I can get in and out in maybe 2 hours without getting to lost, I dont live there just visiting.
    Open to suggestions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    Just figured that it fairly easy to navigate, looking for somewhere that I can get in and out in maybe 2 hours without getting to lost, I dont live there just visiting.
    Open to suggestions.
    Allentown is not my usual area, but I spent some time working up there and rode Trex often for the reason you said and because it was super fun. However, the place got gutted by conservationists taking out an invasive species and taking some of the best trails with it. Trex is not what it used to be. Try Walking Purchase/Salisbury in Allentown. there is a map on the valley mountain bikers website and the trails are looped so you should be able to get around pretty easy - I always found my way around there with no issues. I rode Bear Creek too. Its a little outside of Allentown but easy to get too. Its one 5mile loop, but a ball breaker of a loop - ride it 2x if you're not too beat up. its a ski area, they have a nice bar. you can find a map on the Valley website but there is a better one at the MASS superseries website for the race. the trail is well marked though.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nox is another good place that's pretty hard to get lost in. Not very technical and not much climbing but its a nice system. about 10 miles if you ride everything.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    What type of trail are you after? Trexler and Nox are less rocky, while most everything else up that way will have significant sections of challenging rock.

I like south mt emmaus and Salisbury. Emmaus will give you more sustained climbing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    I'm going to be in Schnecksville for Thanksgiving, my wife's brother lives less than a mile from Trexler. Is the trail map on lehighcounty.org up to date? Are some trails now off limits for riding? How well is everything marked?

mtbr member
    I think Broken Arrow Trail at Trexler is one of the area's most underrated trails. That trail alone is worth the visit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Stop of at Fitness Central bike shop on Rt 309, its 5 minutes from the trails and the guys ride there all the time, they can fill you in on the current situation.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    I think Broken Arrow Trail at Trexler is one of the area's most underrated trails. That trail alone is worth the visit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I agree very fun trail.

Shartacular Spectacular
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderofPA View Post
    I agree very fun trail.
    Agreed, but just a heads up that it was pretty covered in slippery wet leaves and sticks about a week ago. I cleared out the sticks and bigger branches but itís been pretty windy since so heads up for surprises in th the leaves.

Also keep an eye out for downed trees with the recent storms/winds. I came flying around the last turn on the bottom of halfpipe and came face to face with a small downed tree (twisted/moved it off the trail as it was still somewhat attached at the base).

All in all Trex is alright, especially in the off-season when blue is closed and everything is soggy elsewhere.
    18í SC Bronson C
    Grip2, Reserve 27's, i9, Float X2

18' SC V10
    Fox 40 w/Avy air/coil, WAO: The Outlier, i9, Avy Woodie