Trails similar to Nox- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Trails similar to Nox

So I had my son at Nox on Thurs for his first singletrack riding. We both loved it. It was still challenging for him without being over his head. What other trails could you recommend preferably the Eastern half of the state with similar conditions/features? If im reading right swatara, trexlers? What else do you have for me? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Little bit further a drive south you have Whiteclay which is Nox like and very good.

Blue Marsh and Green Lane have some possibilities but have a few steep technical sections so YMMV.

How about Marsh Creek?

Maybe Jordan Parkway with a little more experience.

There's Jacobsburg.

Swatara's good like you said.

If I were you I might take a pass on Trex with the kid at the moment. It's a work in progress forgone thing, kinda hilly, and some stuff like Broken Arrow trail and the Shaleface connectors I might not want my beginner kid on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'd say definitely give Trex a go. I don't think there's anything there that's going to be out of hand for him with the exception of the climb back up from Broken Arrow if you decide to take that down. Broken Arrow would only be sketch if you were pushing it speed wise.

But like Clay said above, it is a work in progress and a good half the park is wiped out. Still a good ride though. Drains well too, so if it's rained in the past day or so, it's most likely good to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Green Lane but stick to the Red trail region and he'll be great.

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    +1 for White Clay! It's not that far, about an hour depending on where you are coming from. It is some of the best riding in the area, without a doubt. It does have more climbing than Nox, but also more descents. That being said, non of the climbs there are really tough.

The rest of the places mentioned are ok, but really pale in comparison to White Clay.
    - 2013 Pivot Mach 429 C
    - 2010 Niner MCR
    - 2009 Cannondale Super Six HM
    - 2007 Santa Cruz Super Light

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Marsh Creek is pretty similar to Nox, terrain and distance wise. There are a few long-ish somewhat skinny bridges but they aren't very far off the ground. Fun place.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmack View Post

The rest of the places mentioned are ok, but really pale in comparison to White Clay.
    Ha! Tell us what you really think! 😀

mtbr member
    I feel like I should point out that White Clay is in Delaware! It is right across our southern PA border, and totally worth the trip, though.

Figure I'd throw out a couple Jersey trails similar to Nox as well. You have the Nassau Trails in Highbridge and Washington Valley Park, just south of Martinsville.
    The cake is a lie.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Oh yeah, if we're talking of Jersey, don't forget Six Mile Run, just a little north of Princeton. Also Clayton Park in the town of Imlaystown.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't drive out of my way to currently hit Trexler. Since the loss of Dozer and HP3 trail mileage is kind of low and its borderline waste land status. I saw yesterday I think that they will be doing burns there soon.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep: