Trails in NW PA?- Mtbr.com

Feb 2006

New question here. Trails in NW PA?

Hey I go to school at Allegheny College in Meadville and with Spring right around the corner I was just trying to find some places to ride that aren't too far away. Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Let me know if you find anything, My dad owns a place on Conneaut Lake, I was looking for some singletrack out there and didn't have much luck.

Feb 2006
    Yeah you would think there would be some good riding in this area but I have yet to find anything or anybody that is helpful. I'll even clear the trails if somebody would show me where they are haha

Aug 2005

A few trails for you!

There are some not so far from your front door, you will need a car though.
    Two mile run is right up the road from Meadville, Erie has two small but decent rides Pennstate Behrend, Asbury Woods. Then if you head South you have Moraine state park.
    Theres also a shared trail system in Crawford county that has real good single track sections, New York state has Red House, Ellicottevlle, Chataqua County has a shared use trail system. Thats about it good luck. Contact me if you come to Erie.
    Lizzard

I play hard to want
    I am in Erie and looking for places to ride. If anyone has any ideas get ahold of me

Jan 2005

rides

emigs bike shop is a good place to try. i used to live in meadville and they did a thursday ride every week.

woodcock dam has some trails that you need to ride a few times to be able to connect the trails but it isnt bad. I would show you but i havent done it for 2 years and would just get you lost. there are some trails at the top of the radio tower hill (the giant hill by i-79 but again you are better off going with guys that know them a few times.

if you live at allegeny and have a car moraine has a good technical trail and is about 45 minutes from you. there are also tons of trails at Kennerdale. I live in mercer and can show you either of the two as i ride them every weekend and once a week.

for close trails check with eric at emigs and he will let you know when they are going to start riding (most likely when the clocks change but they will throw together a saturday ride once it gets a little warmer.)

have fun

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzard21
    There are some not so far from your front door, you will need a car though.
    Two mile run is right up the road from Meadville, Erie has two small but decent rides Pennstate Behrend, Asbury Woods. Then if you head South you have Moraine state park.
    Theres also a shared trail system in Crawford county that has real good single track sections, New York state has Red House, Ellicottevlle, Chataqua County has a shared use trail system. Thats about it good luck. Contact me if you come to Erie.
    Lizzard

Lizzard What's up brother How bout a phone call. Your back all healled up?

Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004
    Defon4, I know this is an old post, but if you have any time, I like to contact you about riding at Kennerdell...

Quote Originally Posted by defcon4
    emigs bike shop is a good place to try. i used to live in meadville and they did a thursday ride every week.

woodcock dam has some trails that you need to ride a few times to be able to connect the trails but it isnt bad. I would show you but i havent done it for 2 years and would just get you lost. there are some trails at the top of the radio tower hill (the giant hill by i-79 but again you are better off going with guys that know them a few times.

if you live at allegeny and have a car moraine has a good technical trail and is about 45 minutes from you. there are also tons of trails at Kennerdale. I live in mercer and can show you either of the two as i ride them every weekend and once a week.

for close trails check with eric at emigs and he will let you know when they are going to start riding (most likely when the clocks change but they will throw together a saturday ride once it gets a little warmer.)

have fun

wot no bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzard21
    Erie has two small but decent rides Pennstate Behrend, Asbury Woods.
    Ha, I went to Behrend for a semester back in 1992, at the time there was a very short trail behind the soccor fields, and I also used to bomb-around down in the gorge. Weren't many riders at the school at the time, I only knew of myself and a small flock of roadies... Where are the trails at Behrend you're talking about?

-p

Jul 2006

Idea! Good News

Good news for people from NW PA... I am going to be trying to get some people together to do some rides... I know of some local trails around Edinboro, PA and Springboro, PA, as well as the ones that everyone knows about.

If you are interested in being involved in this, please hit me up with an email/PM with a real email address for yourself, and I will get back to you and keep you on my email list for when I get back to Edinboro in August. Right now I am in Chicago for an internship, talk about a sh*t place to ride.

So hit me up and I'll keep you all posted for some sweet weekend rides before the snow comes.

Jason

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The spokejunkies has some info on their site. Specifically Kennerdell:

http://www.spokejunkies.com/reviews/...age=kennerdell

and Moraine:

http://www.spokejunkies.com/reviews/...t_page=moraine

Also check out Two Mile Run Park in Franklin. I think they recently heald a mtn bike race there. Probably some OK riding.

http://www.twomile.org/cso/default.htm

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    The spokejunkies has some info on their site. Specifically Kennerdell:

http://www.spokejunkies.com/reviews/...age=kennerdell

and Moraine:

http://www.spokejunkies.com/reviews/...t_page=moraine

Also check out Two Mile Run Park in Franklin. I think they recently heald a mtn bike race there. Probably some OK riding.

http://www.twomile.org/cso/default.htm

Two mile has some excellent trails mild to hang on tight !!! I love it out there. I bummed tho if I missed the race cause I didnt here anything about it.

Members who have read this thread: 0