Trails in Centre County area.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Trails in Centre County area.

I am new to the forum and into'd myself in the Intro yourself thread in General Discusssion but I wanted to do it here to because I live in PA(near York) and have a cabin in Centre County. Cabin is near the Bloody Skillet ATV area. We actually use to ride 4 wheelers there before the state bought it and turned it into a legit ATV area. I haven't ridden my MTB there yet other than to ride over and just check it out. Riding on the same trails as ATVs worries me but I can play it by ear and if there are to many riding I will stay off.

I wanted to know if anyone is familiar with other MTB trails in that area. Or within a half decent drive.

Thanks.

#1 - Go to Purple Lizard Maps and get a map
    #2 - Check out this thread
    #3 Get a Griz Guide at the bike shop in State College
    #4) Check out this site: Nittany Mountain Biking Association

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks!! I will check them out.

mtbr member
    I live cross the river from York and have a cabin in Centre Co. near RB Winter State Park. One of Griz's top 10 rides starts at my cabin (at least it does for me). 30+ mile loop. Not sure where your talking about though. I'm itching to get up there and ride.

Thinking of riding rocky ridge or gretna tomorrow, Sunday.
    Help, I'm a rock!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Man from Utopia View Post
    I live cross the river from York and have a cabin in Centre Co. near RB Winter State Park. One of Griz's top 10 rides starts at my cabin (at least it does for me). 30+ mile loop. Not sure where your talking about though. I'm itching to get up there and ride.

Thinking of riding rocky ridge or gretna tomorrow, Sunday.
    My cabin is kind of in the middle of Snow Shoe, Renovo and Loch Haven. If you look at the DCNR map for Bloody Skillet my place is only about a half mile away. I never heard of RB Winter Park, I'll look it up. I'm actually going across the river today.....hiking with my wife's nephew at Chiques(sp??).

Here's a link to some of the trails right around the RB Winter portion of Bald Eagle. There's alot more to Bald Eagle than what's shown on the map.

https://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/marsh/bikemap_04.jpg

mtbr member
    Ah, skied at Snow Shoe, watched the bears at Renova, partied at Lock Haven. Never biked over that way. I'm right on the border of Centre/Union Counties. I'm sure there's some good stuff over your way. Are you near any state forest area? Same mountains, going up or down them is damn near impossible so you ride the ridges and valleys for the most part.
    Help, I'm a rock!

mtbr member
    if you're in the State College area, Shingletown is a fun ride.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by double_b View Post
    My cabin is kind of in the middle of Snow Shoe, Renovo and Loch Haven. If you look at the DCNR map for Bloody Skillet my place is only about a half mile away. I never heard of RB Winter Park, I'll look it up. I'm actually going across the river today.....hiking with my wife's nephew at Chiques(sp??).
    Check out Eagle Mine Camp trails!

Google it!

mtbr member
    Here is a trail near McElhatten thats about 12 miles long. We try to ride it once a week.

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 2 posts. <------- I will have to post a few more before I share this map.

The Black Mo SP isn't a bad place to ride. They also hold a race once a year.
    If you kayak...The Black Moshannon is a good class III.

We also ride a trail in Farrandsville which has a 5 mile dirt road uphill (1000 feet) with 6 miles of DH. I'm working on a map for this trail.

have fun

Members who have read this thread: 0