Trail Maps/Description for Mt Gretna- Mtbr.com

Mar 2009

Trail Maps/Description for Mt Gretna

I'm looking to take my son to Mt Gretna and would like to know what trails to try. I've never cycled there but have done a fair amount in Brickerville and would like to find some nice "flow-ey" trails.

Thanks

my church is the woods
    Quote Originally Posted by ochumgache
    I'm looking to take my son to Mt Gretna and would like to know what trails to try. I've never cycled there but have done a fair amount in Brickerville and would like to find some nice "flow-ey" trails.

Thanks
    click the SAMBA link in my sig for trail maps and info. Trail 15 seems to be the favorite, but it's more of a sport to expert level of ride, so if your sons a beginner I'd recommend staying away from that. Trails 4, 9, and 12 are good downhills, but 12 is a mud bog at the bottom due to all the recent rain. Trail 13 is the one with "flow" IMO. and the main trail 3 and 2 are is the route generally taken to the top. Not a lot of mileage there at GD (under 10), so I like starting at Cornwall and ride out and back on the rail-trial to get in a few extra miles.

If what you really want though is "flow-ey" trials, head up to Swatara SP, that place is all about the flow

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Moonraker, how do you ride out to Gretna, via the railtrail, or Horseshoe Trail?

I'm at a Camp Shand doing maintenance for the summer, and I'll be doing some riding in my free time.

Members who have read this thread: 0