Is it too early to start talking about a LONG ride for Sat?- Mtbr.com
    Chilling out

Is it too early to start talking about a LONG ride for Sat?

With a start/end point anywhere moderately drive-able, or ride-able, from Wilkes-Barre.

Thinking I'd love to see like 20-30+ miles of "trail" - depending upon 'tech and climbing factors of course.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    With a start/end point anywhere moderately drive-able, or ride-able, from Wilkes-Barre.

Thinking I'd love to see like 20-30+ miles of "trail" - depending upon 'tech and climbing factors of course.
    Well, it'd be a helluva drive from Wilkes-Barre - but I just did ~ 30 miles of amazingly fun singletrack w/ some of the best 'flow' you'll find anywhere on Sunday @ White Clay Creek in DE.

Long day-trip for sure... but totally worth it, at least once!
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    White Clay rules!!! FUN!!!!

Chilling out
    well, i'll put White Clay Creek on my list, but Sun is a no-go. ;^(

thanks though!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    You can do some pretty decent loops in the Jim Thorpe area. Not sure if you're familiar with any of them?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    You got me thinking about a long ride now too. I know it's possible to connect 7 Tubs, Mountain Top, and Lehigh Tannery that all have single track with the D & L Trail. It's a not quite complete rail trail. There are certainly possibilities there, but I'm not sure how to put it together into one ride. Also that trail hits Jim Thorpe, so it could probably be a 100+ mile something or other possible. I've done almost all of the D & L trail with my bike in a touring setup and that was a solid three 60 mile days.

I may have gotten a little off on a tangent there, but that direction would be my first thought of closest LONG ride possible. Blue Marsh near Reading would be a less than 2 hour drive and has a 30 mile loop. I'm not sure how much you can squeeze out of the Hubbard Bike Club's area spots. There are plenty of people out there who know those parks I'm sure.

Now I have to go ride the D & L trail again. You reminded me that was on my list for this summer.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkerkonadawgdeluxepaul
    White Clay rules!!! FUN!!!!
    Hey... you're that guy with the insanely long username that I ran into one day at Salisbury, aren't you?! LOL. How's it going? We talked about the riding at Mt. Penn (among other things)?

I've still got to go check that place out sometime.
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    Hey... you're that guy with the insanely long username that I ran into one day at Salisbury, aren't you?! LOL. How's it going? We talked about the riding at Mt. Penn (among other things)?

I've still got to go check that place out sometime.

Yes that is me with the [email protected]#& username. Yes, you have to come check out Mt. Penn. I really like how Salisbury flows. The trails here don't "flow" as well but they are surely technical and challenging. And fun! Let me know when you would like to check these trails out. I wont be able to go for about 2 weeks, I am on the injured list!

Members who have read this thread: 0