Super D at Blue Mountain- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Super D at Blue Mountain

Kudo's to PMBA and Team Vert for the stellar Super D course,what an incredible ride, great turnout!some of the best berms I've had the privilege to experience in some time! and the step down gap jump was sweet!!!hope this opens the door and eyes for other parks,Super D on the East coast has much potential,and is absolutely a perfect venue for the ever growing AM rider." PROMOTE EAST COAST SUPER D "
    Last edited by readingracing; 06-01-2009 at 08:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have to agree, the course was all east coast. by the time my race run got around the course was much different than my practice runs and then I ended up coming off the bike once. I had a great time, although I have no clue how I did because one of my riding buddys sprained his ankle first practice run and we decided not to stick around too late with him basically being stuck at the car.

the DS course was great too, definitely will be racing that next time.

smartass
    +1 for that, awesome event, and great course.

I may have practiced too many times, or I'm just in terrible shape (no, couldn't be that!) because I was spent by my race run. The fire road climb just killed me, and I spent the rest of my run trying to make up time.

But what a great course! That was a real Super D course that made bike selection difficult, and didn't seem to favor an XC bike over a a DH bike, or vice versa.

Perfect weather, great turnout, great facility, great course, great racing and great beer. what more could you want?

Definitely coming out for another event. Keep Blue Mountain on the map, that place has a ton of potential.

Great job and a big thanks to all who made this possible!

PMBA
    That was such a great time. The overall vibe was just amazing. HUGE thanks to everyone who showed up to race and have fun and help support this effort and keep it rolling. It was a lot of hard work building the course in such a short amount of time, and this weekend made it worth every minute.

Also a beyond HUGE thanks to all the volunteers from all over who pitched in to help with the build. No way it would have happen without all the dedication to get it done. I don't think I could even name everyone that had a hand in turning some dirt, but you know who you are. I hope you all had as much fun as we did, and hope you all can make it out with us some more. Thanks!!

That climb was a slap in the face after the hard effort from the start! The first section was fast and made you wanna pin it, and then all of sudden...death march up the hill. That's what Super D is all about though.

Looking forward to making it even better for next time.
    Keep crowded trails friendly. Go by slow and say "hello"
    Tom Coyle www.phillymtb.com

Members who have read this thread: 0