Sunday Morning Rides at Glen Park- Mtbr.com
    CranksAroundtheCampfire
    Jun 2009

Sunday Morning Rides at Glen Park

Stroudsburg's newest bike shop, Vertical Earth, is guiding and organizing group rides at Glen Park every Sunday at 9am. Riders should meet in the parking lot by the ball field and maze. The new shop caters more to the mountain bike scene. The owner rides and well. You can trust him to put on the right bike or outfit you with the right clothing. I've been to shops where I'll ask a question and get an answer that is so off that its obvious that the shop attendant is a roadie who has no idea what they are talking about yet assumes you are clueless. Not cool, be honest and admit to your lack of off road knowledge. But alas, no worries at this shop.
    See you out at GP.

Vertical Earth Mountain Sports - Sports/Recreation/Activities - Stroudsburg, PA | Facebook

Vertical Earth

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    What is Glen Park like? I live in Allentown, curious if it is worth a drive.

Side note, coming back from Allamuchy the other day, I saw signs for Portland, PA, I assume that is where you live lol

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Please pass this on from me...

...thanks for taking the steps to promote and procure the mt biking in your area! This a is always a great resource for the area business's and lifestyle.

We will get a group together and attend soon.

CranksAroundtheCampfire
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    What is Glen Park like? I live in Allentown, curious if it is worth a drive.

Side note, coming back from Allamuchy the other day, I saw signs for Portland, PA, I assume that is where you live lol
    Glen Park is known for its downhill/freeride trails and the Maze (Banked run with jumps). The XC trails are starting to really come together recently with trail work done by local shops and riders including Vertical Earth. The trails can be flowy and slow technical like Allamuchy. You also get a lot of climbing in since the whole park is on the side of Godfrey Ridge. The single track on the top at the east end is narrow and technical and sure to challenge your skills and nerve. Here is a link to trail review and a loop I did last night:

Glen Park Pennsylvania Trail Reviews

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Glen Park near East Stroudsburg | Times and Records | Strava

CranksAroundtheCampfire
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Please pass this on from me...

...thanks for taking the steps to promote and procure the mt biking in your area! This a is always a great resource for the area business's and lifestyle.

We will get a group together and attend soon.
    Your welcome and thanks to you too!

I can't wait to have some time to visit your trails!
    Dan

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

This is awesome, keep the good stuff coming...

...and your always invited to ride with us!

CranksAroundtheCampfire
    Jun 2009
    riding Glen tomorrow at 8:30am. Meet in Baseball lot.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Portland PA Rider View Post
    Your welcome and thanks to you too!

I can't wait to have some time to visit your trails!
    Dan
    Hey Dan,
    Amy and I will def be at Mt. Creek on opening weekend. We'll give you details on getting to Moon Lake. NEMTBA made some kick ass single track up here! I'll even cook you a hot dog.
    Later, Dave...
    ahh...the sound of my hub when I coast.

CranksAroundtheCampfire
    Jun 2009
    Bumping this up.Riding Glen today at 9:00am. Meet in Baseball lot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Portland PA Rider View Post
    Glen Park is known for its downhill/freeride trails and the Maze (Banked run with jumps). The XC trails are starting to really come together recently with trail work done by local shops and riders including Vertical Earth. The trails can be flowy and slow technical like Allamuchy. You also get a lot of climbing in since the whole park is on the side of Godfrey Ridge. The single track on the top at the east end is narrow and technical and sure to challenge your skills and nerve. Here is a link to trail review and a loop I did last night:

Glen Park Pennsylvania Trail Reviews

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Glen Park near East Stroudsburg | Times and Records | Strava
    The last review is from 2007...

Any video, POV or otherwise of the trails?

Rob
    Bunch of vids on YouTube about glen park

Members who have read this thread: 1