Sunday Hunting- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sunday Hunting

mtbr member
    May 2006

Sunday Hunting

Since the state is considering Sunday hunting, if you have strong feelings about it one way or the other, it would be a good time to let your state representative know.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...ourlegislator/

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If Sunday hunting gets passed, I will get my license and the biggest cowbell I can carry on my bike. I will purposely look where cars are parked and I will ride and ring the living shit out of that bell to scare away everything. And I will be armed in case any a-hole fires at me. I will fire back.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    As a biker, the majority of my local trails don't allow hunting anyway, so it makes no difference to me.

As a hunter, I hope mtnbiker64 gets trampled by a deer.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I work away from home during the week so I only have weekends to ride. Hunters have monday to saturday to shoot a deer. As a former hunter, if you can't get something then you are in the wrong spot or you suck. As for a deer trampling me, it won't happen. I'm a pretty good shot st anything moving
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Anyone who has actually hunted would know that after a certain time of the day, deer aren't moving unless they are pushed. So, by "wearing a cowbell", you are actually helping the hunters by moving the deer around that would otherwise be stationary and hiding.

I'm totally okay with them allowing Sunday hunting on State Game Lands. After all, that land was purchased through hunting license fees - and NOT taxes. And contrary to popular belief, State Game Lands are NOT public property. Their land, their rules. You're riding that land because the Game Commission is allowing you to do so; not because it is a Right.

Private land? That should be completely up to the landowner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronofgroove View Post
    As a biker, the majority of my local trails don't allow hunting anyway, so it makes no difference to me.

As a hunter, I hope mtnbiker64 gets trampled by a deer.
    If PA has laws similar to most other states he's going to be quite surprised when he is handed a piece of paper requiring him to pay a substantial amount of money and possibly spend some nights away from the house.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    I'm totally okay with them allowing Sunday hunting on State Game Lands. After all, that land was purchased through hunting license fees - and NOT taxes. And contrary to popular belief, State Game Lands are NOT public property. Their land, their rules.
    I want them to reimburse the State and Federal government then for every single penny of Pittman Robertson Act money.
    I also want to see the actual and true property tax bill for 1.5 million acres that is NOT paid to the State, which every other "Private landowner" must pay or their property is taken.

If Sunday hunting happens, that's fine. But, hunting is banned in ALL State Parks and Forests. If its "private land", ALL hunting is restricted to game lands and actual legitimate private property as seen fit and permissed by the landowner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
    I want them to reimburse the State and Federal government then for every single penny of Pittman Robertson Act money.
    Screw the State and Federal Government.
    If that money is to be returned, it should go back to the actual citizens buying the arms and ammunition from which it was originally taxed.

How about the money goes to shooting ranges? Shooting competitions? Maybe shooting classes? Safety schools?
    Or maybe... hunting land.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    Anyone who has actually hunted would know that after a certain time of the day, deer aren't moving unless they are pushed. So, by "wearing a cowbell", you are actually helping the hunters by moving the deer around that would otherwise be stationary and hiding.

I'm totally okay with them allowing Sunday hunting on State Game Lands. After all, that land was purchased through hunting license fees - and NOT taxes. And contrary to popular belief, State Game Lands are NOT public property. Their land, their rules. You're riding that land because the Game Commission is allowing you to do so; not because it is a Right.

Private land? That should be completely up to the landowner.

I don't make a practice of riding during the main deer season, but I have been out riding many times and have always had respectful hunters ask me which way I am going. I don't want to interfere with there time in the woods, nor get shot by mistake, so I change my direction or leave and ride elsewhere. It's also offers a change for me to ride more long dirt road rides or properties with no hunting, as there are many other places to ride my mt bike.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Pittman Robertson Act

Allows for "other" recreational uses by the gen public who don't buy licenses. In 1937 there were no mt bikes so the definition becomes what is followed under "other recreational uses" like most mt biking has by proxy jumped in and been title other recreational uses as proven by the pre 2003 actions of the Game Commission kicking all mt bikes out of the State Game Lands and then having to zip their lips and offer designate routes to bikers after 2003!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
    I also want to see the actual and true property tax bill for 1.5 million acres that is NOT paid to the State, which every other "Private landowner" must pay or their property is taken.

If Sunday hunting happens, that's fine. But, hunting is banned in ALL State Parks and Forests. If its "private land", ALL hunting is restricted to game lands and actual legitimate private property as seen fit and permissed by the landowner.
    certain state parks allow it (if they fall within what's referred to as a "special regulations area"). Evansburg SP, near me (which has a few mtb trails) allows hunting during established seasons. thankfully the portion of the park where the MTB trails are is not where the hunters are primarily interested in. however in the interest of safety i try to avoid riding saturdays in season, but if i have to i ride mid day and wear the required amount of blaze orange.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    info on special regulations areas here: http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingt...ons_areas.html