Suggestions for 2 Day road trip, Harrisburg PA to Boston MA?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Suggestions for 2 Day road trip, Harrisburg PA to Boston MA?

On the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, a friend of mine is getting married down around Harrisburg. I'm debating on whether or not to drive or fly from Boston. If I can stretch the drive home out over 2 days with some MTB and camping along the way, then I'll definitely drive and bring the bike along.

So. Does anybody have some good suggestions for, say 2-3 hours of solid riding in any of the following locations:

-PA from Harrisburg north east to NY?

-SE NY? Catskills? I know Windham's out there, but I'd rather not do lift served.

-CT?

Any camping suggestions?

I'll be cross posting in the NY, PA, and CT/RI forums, so sorry for the spam, those of you who monitor all 3.

Thanks.
    My MTB themed graphic tees:
    https://www.mteeb.com

mtbr member
    Well, I'm not sure about your route, riding ability or what bike you'll have. If you came back 81 North to 84 East though, Moosic is only 2 miles off 84's first exit. Get off 84 and make a left. At the stop light go straight for 2 miles and it's on the right. There's no camping there. But if you hop in your vehicle after the ride and get back on 84 East, you'll come to Promised Land SP in a half an hour. You can camp there. Though there is some riding there, some is off limits for bikes and the trails aren't built for riding really. You can putts around there though while camping. Just a thought.
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Also, just north of Harrisburg is Swatara and a little farther north on 81 is Lykens. I've ridden Lykens once but can't tell you much about it. Swatara is supposed to be fast and flowy. Ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Ad far as the Catskills, there's a cool park about 4 miles east of Windham (West off the Thru way and just before Windham). I forget the name of it but there's a sign hanging out with the parking lot on the right. You can loop around in there for a while. It's got rocks, smooth flow, twist, climb and decents. It's fun.
    Hubbard Bike Club

Chilling out
    useless contribution, TrailForks has a Road Trip planner ... put in your start/end points (maybe intermediates) and it will show you stuff within a distance radius you specify of your route ....

https://www.trailforks.com/tools/roadtrip/

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn View Post
    Ad far as the Catskills, there's a cool park about 4 miles east of Windham (West off the Thru way and just before Windham). I forget the name of it but there's a sign hanging out with the parking lot on the right. You can loop around in there for a while. It's got rocks, smooth flow, twist, climb and decents. It's fun.

yea, its really close by to windham. good loop. it got a lot of visitors during the last world cup

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn View Post
    Do you mean Elm Ridge?