mtbr member
    Aug 2018

Stroudsburg Strava Find?

The rain today had me poking around on google earth and Strava heat map for new trails and I found some Strava heat traces a little west of Glen Park. Is anyone familiar with these trails or know anything about access? Or are they something else entirely? In the attached imaged Iíve circled and labeled glen park GP and the trails Iím inquiring about with a circle and a question mark.

Thanks,

-M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stroudsburg Strava Find?-dfd01088-5db4-4042-9e18-12c677da2f92.jpg  

18í SC Bronson Carbon S-Build
    Grip2, Carbon Reserve 27 Hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

18í SC V10.6 C
    Grip2

mtbr member
    The long, wiggly, yellow line on the right side of your circle is Quiet Valley Road. The parcels with what looks like trails on them belong to Beaver Valley Preservation Trust, Inc. It's listed as a Cultural, Public/Private Park & Recreation area. Can't really find much more than that. It's in Hamilton Township, Monroe County.
    The cake is a lie.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Thanks bikeman, Iíll scope it out when I get up that way for Glen Park and report back if it turns out to be anything worthwhile.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon S-Build
    Grip2, Carbon Reserve 27 Hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

18í SC V10.6 C
    Grip2

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    That'd be awesome if you can. My in laws live in the Lehigh Valley and I'm always looking for new dirt up there.

Can't wait to get back to GP.

CranksAroundtheCampfire
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartist View Post
    The rain today had me poking around on google earth and Strava heat map for new trails and I found some Strava heat traces a little west of Glen Park. Is anyone familiar with these trails or know anything about access? Or are they something else entirely? In the attached imaged Iíve circled and labeled glen park GP and the trails Iím inquiring about with a circle and a question mark.

Thanks,

-M
    Those trails are private property unfortunately but there is a new trail system adjacent to Glen Park. Its called Glen Run and has 4-5 miles of easier xc trails. The trailhead parking lot is across from Bel Tor Dr on 191. Its just south of Stroudsmoor Rd..

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Brodeen, have you ridden the segment in my original post? Do you know if it is privately held by an individual/family or part of the Beaver Valley Trust recreation area mentioned by kubikeman? Thanks for the tip on those other trails. I'm not as interested in mellower XC, but will keep it in mind.