Stolen please help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

Stolen please help

I am hoping someone can help, last nite while sleeping someone came up on my 2nd story covered porch and stole my bike....
    its a 2009 Giant Reign X full squish.
    Seriously, 2nd story? Thats pretty low. If anyone has any info regarding its location and/or return, there is a reward..
    Personally its pretty pathetic stealing a girls bike. I worked so hard for that and went through hell to get It, and to have someone walk up a full flight of steps Is pretty low.

To whom ever stole my much loved steed, if you return my bike to to the property, there will be no questions. Just drop it and walk away. ***to avoid any more drama I will rephrase*** there is tracking on the bike but there are a number of steps to be taken before activation. .thank you for your help and understanding
    ***post edit
    2009 giant reign X2
    size xtra small
    Matte black finish with red accents
    Marzocchi bomber 55 front fork in full black.
    Pics and serial numbers available on request. Idk how to post up pics here.
    Last edited by angelbeez78; 06-14-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: to avoid drama

Sir Shreds-A-Lot
    so if you have a tracker what do you need help for? you should have it back already. also location might help. PA is a rather large state. sorry to hear about your loss though
    1985 Trek 670
    2016 Kona Process 111
    2017 Ritchey P29er
    2018 Trek Domane SL6

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbeez78 View Post
    I am hoping someone can help, last nite while sleeping someone came up on my 2nd story covered porch and stole my bike....
    its a 2009 Giant Reign X full squish.
    Seriously, 2nd story? Thats pretty low. If anyone has any info regarding its location and/or return, there is a reward..
    Personally its pretty pathetic stealing a girls bike. I worked so hard for that and went through hell to get It, and to have someone walk up a full flight of steps Is pretty low.

To whom ever stole my much loved steed, if you return my bike to to the property, there will be no questions. Just drop it and walk away. i am currently awaiting for my security company to contact me, see in my moments of bordem i like to play with gadgets and technology. On the bike is a small bit of something I made from old Cell phone parts that will help in locating it. Its amazing what you can do with old phones. Especially when thoes cell phones are the apple iphone.... like I said, return it and no problems, don't, and you will be arrested. And considering the price of the bike, itll b jail time.

2009 giant reign X2
    size xtra small
    Matte black finish with red accents
    Marzocchi bomber 55 front fork in full black.
    Pics and serial numbers available on request. Idk how to post up pics here.
    Sorry to hear that. In general, I don't think lots of bike thieves visit these forums so not sure posting here will help.
    Personally, if you can track it, use it to bust the mfers ass.
    It is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Im waiting to actually. Obs, as much as I do love sarcastic whit, there are steps to be taken for the tracking. Police report, trak activation fees and and verification so its not like its an immediate thing. If it was I wouldn't be here crying over my stolen bike. So much for living in the country. I live less than 10 min away from moon lake so heads up to everyone in my area, don't want anyone else 2 suffer the same drama.

mtbr member
    ok, hate to break it to you, but you have to know the thief... i'm quite sure you weren't followed home from tha moon. someone knew where it was and how much its worth. so now ask yourself about estranged friends in the past few years, likely on drugs.... i suspect this is why you are reluctant to go to police, because you have someone in mind... or you are in town'ish area and someone noticed you lugging it upstairs from the car. so get on craigslist and facebook sales and start scouring. go to our local bike shops and tell them to keep an eye out...

mtbr member
    Good luck getting your bike back. That really sucks. I haven't had a bike stolen from me since I was a kid. I also agree with ferko that there is a good chance you know the thief.

If for whatever reason the police and tracking don't work out maybe try a gofundme page to help with replacement?

Chilling out
    That just sucks.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    You are prob right with knowing them but I wasn't reluctant to go 2 the police. I dont have much of a social life so knowing people of an unsavory character isnt an issue. However, it is definitely someone local. The apartment I live in has a full enclosed walk up. So no one sees you walking up and down. Whoever it was walked in and rode out. Its prob some stupid kid screwing around and wanted a bike. The whole thing is sick and disgusting. Needless to say, im depressed. Thanks everyone.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    As said, probably someone you know or at least someone in your immediate neighborhood. Hopefully you have renters (or homeowners insurance) because it is probably gone for good. Keep your eye on craigslist and ebay. It was probably a crime of opportunity and likely a teenager.

I feel your pain. I had a $6500 atv stolen from my driveway and it wasn't covered by my homeowners insurance. It sucked.
    Last edited by Dung Hopper; 06-15-2015 at 06:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    One thing, definitely notify the cops and maybe post some flyers. I had a bike stolen once and it was ditched on a street corner. I think some kid just wanted a ride home. It was not a valuable bike though.
    Last edited by Dung Hopper; 06-15-2015 at 06:12 PM.

mtbr member
    The one time a bike was stolen off my back porch was actually recovered by the police before I realized it was gone. The police saw some undersized kids trying to ride it a couple blocks away and they fled when asked. Since it was my second(the good one stayed in the kitchen at the ire of my roomie) the disappearance was not noticed until the next day.

Not saying that's the case for you, but the local pd's might be sitting on it and not processed it yet
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

mtbr member
    OP - that is a real shame. I hope you get it back. Back when I used to rent, we would lock up our bikes inside the house because it was the only thing we cared about getting stolen.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yeah, no insurance on it. Its been 1 of thoes things where you add it to the "to list" but haven't done it. The whole thing makes me sick literally. Ive lived here for over 3 years and never had a problem. I started doing up the flyers and craigslist and ebay get searched multiple times a day. I also discovered an awesome website bikeshepard.org. they took all of my info for me and the bike and they post it everywhere online as well as emailing me a nicely done writeup to print out for flyers and police. I recommend anyone not familiar with it or without an account to go and get 1. I really don't want someone else to suffer like this. We all love and treasure our nobel steeds and it sucks to have it disappear. its free to register your bike and the things they do for bike recovery is beyond helpful. Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement and sympathy. It means alot.