STOLEN 5-spot at Seven Springs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

STOLEN 5-spot at Seven Springs

My 5-spot was stolen at seven springs today at around 3:00 pm from the parking lotin front of the main lodge. It was in the back of my truck with 3 other bikes and the thief only took mine.Anyway It's an x-tra large silver anodized frame,black miniute 2 fork,chris king hubs and headset,. The whole bike is silver or black. serial # is FDS01131 any info would be appreciated. E-mail me at [email protected]

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    My buddy mike e-mailed me about this, this afternoon. I guess you guys ran into each other over there. I say we round up a posse to find the guy and hang him. After we retrieve the bike ofcourse. Sorry to hear about your bike, hope you get it back soon. Were you going to race in the race this weekend? if so do you have an extra bike to use? I have a 19in specialized hardrock comp, it ain't much but it's all I got and if you need it you can use it.

mtbr member
    That F-in SUCKS! I always am leary about leaving our bikes in a pick up at Seven Springs while grabbing a pizza after we ride. Sorry to hear about your loss. Did you report it at Seven Springs? Not sure what they could do, but maybe if the police were involved you may have some luck. I hope that the person that stole it rides it without a helmet, crashes, flips over the bars and hits the broad side of a tree with his noggin. And that he can't ride again. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but he would deserve it. Good luck finding it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yes I reported it to the police and thank you for the offer of your bike .I've already found a couple of bikes to race this weekend.We are racing Male expert and all of our bikes were in the truck at the time and only mine was stolen. By the way doesn't sound harsh enough to me!!!!!

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

Hey Smooth

Quote Originally Posted by smooth johnny
    Yes I reported it to the police and thank you for the offer of your bike .I've already found a couple of bikes to race this weekend.We are racing Male expert and all of our bikes were in the truck at the time and only mine was stolen. By the way doesn't sound harsh enough to me!!!!!
    Hey Smooth,
    Is that you? Do you ride w/Mark and Tawni and Dave G. from time to time? If so, this is Don. I ride the Ventana El Chamuco. Dude, This really bums me out. Somebody must have been scoping it out. I'll keep an eye open in the want ads here on mtbr as well as around town. If we catch em, we'll hang em. Good luck

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yes it is me. I ride with Mark and Tawny and Dave. Thanks for your concern. I hope you find something out.

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by smooth johnny
    Yes it is me. I ride with Mark and Tawny and Dave. Thanks for your concern. I hope you find something out.
    Hey Smooth, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about it. I spoke w/Mark last PM. I'll keep an eye open for it. Hopefully your insurance will make good on it? See ya on the trail soon, hopefully on your 5 Spot.

the unvarnished nonsense

Another suggestion...

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you get it back in one piece. Unfortunately, thieves will often do a chop-shop number on the bikes and sell the parts on eBay, ditching the frame as they know it is serial numbered and traceable. I'd watch eBay for your parts, especially if the seller is listed from the south-central PA area. Yeah, I'm for the hangin' too, but I'd hang him by a different part of the body first, before I put the noose around his neck. C-sucker. Nice that others have offered you bikes to use....let me know if you need something more along the lines of a Glock. Good luck to you.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost