St Clair,New Philly Pa- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

St Clair,New Philly Pa

How many of you ever ridden at St Clair,New Philly.it's one of the best kept secrets big area epic single track.well worth exploring.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Have too say that I have no idea what you are talking about. . . .

And I have been riding mtb in the south eastern PA area since 1989.

Whats the story?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Locust Lake SP is near there.

Other than that, no idea.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i have been riding this area for a long time it is locally known as the burma best access point is the fire tower lot on the burma road what its actual rt no. is i don't know there is miles of tech single track from an anual moto enduroheld there sadly quads are ruining all the good stuff there is single track on both sides of the road if you knoww where to find it
    one of the coolest trails is the mostly down hill behind the fire tower with this huge rock split in half at a right angle that you pass thru this is technical stuff rocks everywhere
    anyone want a tour i'd be glad to oblige

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Delano & Brandonville

In the same region, I have heard of countless miles of moto / enduro trails between Delano and Brandonville, all bordered to the north by the old Catawissa rail trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    It's true that it's a big dirt bike in which I participate,and because you can cover alot of ground on a motorcycle you get to see and find the out of the way sweet stuff.there has been much new single track created in the last couple of years some of which has never seen a four wheeler.above Tamaqua a new loop was put in last year mostly single that is just sweet to ride mtn bike on and it connects to Mt Pisqua.rode it two weeks ago on dirt bike and was wishing I had my mtn bike,conditions were perfect.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    is the loop in tamaqua behind the swimming pool or somewhere else i'd love to check it out , as for delano there is a lot of trailage there although i haven,t ridden ther efor quite along time

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    I grew up in Mary D, the Burma trails you're refering to are mostly the old Enduro Race trails, they are mostly in good shape, my bother rides them all the time, some epic riding in there.

The Loop in Tamaqua, is the old race coarse that Jama Bikes built along with Tamaqua Rec, a few years ago, well quite a few now I suppose, was a very fun race that was every October..........I'm not sure if those are kept up or not, probably though, many riders in the area, they will all connect in theory if you want them to.

If you would say start at the race coarse in Tamaqua you can essentially ride to the top of the ridge, follow the Power lines, (There is off trails all over the place), but you can follow those power lines all the way out to the Brockton Mountain Road, hang a Right ride a few hundred yards starting down the other side of the mountain on the Asphalt road, then turn into the Fire Tower Road, on the left, ride that to where ever you want to hit up the enduro trails, and they will eventually brign you out in New Philly, or keep on truckin to St. Clair............Much Riding to be had there, nothing is marked though, so be prepared with a Good handle for a GPS, or maybe find someone in the area that rides it.

It's Fun

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    there will be an exploratory ride on monday may 25 to get lost in the woods and try to figure how much trailage is the delano area
    meeting off I81 exit 134 at 8:30 am if any one wants to join or if anyone has any local knowledge to share
    fill your camelback and bring extra food it could be a long one

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm in for Delano ride. Be there at 8:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    as posted brad and i did an exploratory ride in the delano area off I80. we weren't disappointed. we were out for about 3.5 hours and barely scratched the surface most of it is fairly new (or it seems) made by motos for an annual enduro held there, brad says the enduro course is roughly 70-80 miles long
    one of the highlights was a long singletrackalong a ridge with the top of the ridge the rocks were sticking up like a spine of a stegosaurus some 20-30 feet high
    all this just 5 mins off I80

we will be making more runs there as there were singletracks going in all directions

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Untapped epic area

Dave,

Thanks for meeting up to check this area out. I believe we only scratched the surface. Valley Forge Trail Riders host an Dirt Bike Enduro event in the fall between Brandonville and Delano that results in many miles of trails to explore.

Here is a link to last years flyer from the event.

http://www.vftr.org/images/endflyer08.pdf

I believe they add more fresh trails every year.

Lets go again!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

more trails?

Also found this event, which is on ethe other side of 81 from the Delano exit at Grier City.
    It's endless!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    we need to hit it up again soon, you know i thought more people would be interested in unlimited singletrack just have to keep this thread fresh

Members who have read this thread: 1