South Park Trail Route?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

South Park Trail Route?

Heading down that way from NC this weekend and was wondering where the best place is to start the trail?
    Never ridden the trail, just looking for another option besides Mingo( been 10yrs since I rode Mingo)
    Wave pool or ice rink side? or does it all connect? Any idea on the mileage?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by staz
    Heading down that way from NC this weekend and was wondering where the best place is to start the trail?
    Never ridden the trail, just looking for another option besides Mingo( been 10yrs since I rode Mingo)
    Wave pool or ice rink side? or does it all connect? Any idea on the mileage?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    We have a 10-12 mile loop right now. Since you are familiar with some of it, I will give you our beginning, which is some nice singletrack to warm up. If you park down by the horse track, past the wavepool road, and take the main road back towards the ice rink, you will come to the monument in the road that causes the road to circle out. When you do, make a right up the road. As you begin to go uphill, about 75 yards or so, look for the trail entrance on the left. Take it, and start some fun. There is about 4-5 miles of singletrack there that will eventually bring you out near to the skatepark/ice rink parking lot. Cross the road and take the trail near the ice rink towards the wavepool and ride what you know from there. Just rode that saturday morning. Trails are in pretty good condition. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Post something with a date/approx time when you are going to be in that area. We do a ride out of my place and come in from the backside of the park. Depending on the day, I could probably sneak out for a couple of hours. Shoot me an email if I don't check back and it gets close.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

thanks for the offer

Quote Originally Posted by MACK1
    Post something with a date/approx time when you are going to be in that area. We do a ride out of my place and come in from the backside of the park. Depending on the day, I could probably sneak out for a couple of hours. Shoot me an email if I don't check back and it gets close.
    but i rode there on july 3rd. hooked up with 2 locals on the trail. one cat was riding a gemini with a super t and the other a cannondale ht. we rode just about everything. nice trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by staz
    but i rode there on july 3rd. hooked up with 2 locals on the trail. one cat was riding a gemini with a super t and the other a cannondale ht. we rode just about everything. nice trails.
    Damn, sorry I missed you. We were probably out there somewhere as well. And the trails are decent for a ride out. Maybe next time we can get a little bigger group ride together and show you some more of the local scene.

Pain Is A State Of Mind

iis this in bethel park

is this in bethel park oh and where is diablo
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    It is in south park... which is near bethel but not in. Diablo? as in Diablo freeride park? that is in Vernon New Jersey