South Park, Freeriders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

South Park, Freeriders

I came across some new trials today which were pretty decent. They are over behind the horse track, Anyone on this site build them or know who built(the jumps) them, im always lookin for more people to ride with. I'm there once or twice a week on my stinkydeelux.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettj45
    I came across some new trials today which were pretty decent. They are over behind the horse track, Anyone on this site build them or know who built(the jumps) them, im always lookin for more people to ride with. I'm there once or twice a week on my stinkydeelux.
    Don't know who built them, but they've been around for a good 5 months now. Decent hits though. We need to get more people doing some maintenance out here and there could be a lot of good riding. Are you coming out on July 10th for the TM day?

mtbr member
    TM(Trail Maintance?) day, not sure what that is. That trail i was talkin about, its ok but it lacks flow, 2 jumps were poorly placed, it would be better with just that one 20ftish gap. What kind of bike do you ride? What is the situation with building jumps and ladder trails? Are we allowed to? If we are I would deffiently go over there and build.

Well, this weekend illl be at snowshoe for the Monster Park. Next weekend the 9-10th i was planning on racing in the pa state DH race at blueknob. Not sure about that one after going there and riding, no trial maintance at all and the track would still be pretty skechy if they cleaned it up.
    Last edited by Jettj45; 06-30-2005 at 08:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Yeah, sorry about that, there is a trail maintenance on July 10th in the park. Mostly to repair the wavepool/girl scout hill and the drainage issues. I'm sure we'll tackle some of the other items as well.

As far as obstacles/ladders/jumps, etc., some people are working on building the relationship with the park service right now so that it's all possible in the future. There are, however, places outside the park that do link up with the trails that it is possible to do some other stuff on.

Right now I"m riding a Giant AC1. Decent bike, and more than enough for my mix of riding.

mtbr member
    Yea i might come and help with the trail maintance. What times? Should we bring tools or will they be provided? I have noticed some big fallen trees, which should be cut for saftey purposes and they block trails.

Nice bike, Giant is a real good company. My first bike was a giant.

mtbr member
    What time is the TM tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    10 AM at the Stone Manse pavilion. It's up behind the Miller Homestead, and across from where you come out of the golf course trail @ Stone Manse Rd.

mtbr member
    Sorry could not make it I had a flight at 11am.

mtbr member
    What is with all the logs covering the entire lower part of the trail by the girl scout place?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettj45
    What is with all the logs covering the entire lower part of the trail by the girl scout place?
    There is a new trail that goes up and around. People don't realize the beating that trail has taken over the years. So to give it a chance to recover enviromentaly, one of the local park enviromentalists went out with us this weekend and we forged a whole new path. The new path is actually a lot more fun than the old one I would say. Much more technical, and adds some length to it.

mtbr member
    Yea that is what i figured, just not sure.