Someone altering NW1 at Moon Lake- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Someone altering NW1 at Moon Lake

Just rode up NW1 at Moon Lake and someone or some people decided to take it upon themselves to roll random rocks, drag random dead dry rotted trees and even pushed a big dry rotted trunk in the middle of the trails. It made no sense how the crap was just strewn all over the trail! Obviously it is someone who doesnt ride much because they have no concept of flow!

I pulled off most of what I could since I was by myself, but all it did was ruin the flow of the trail on the way up! Many people use this trail as an out on the way out from the more challenging backward uphill loops.

What pisses me and others off is we know the person who is responsible for designing the great trails at Moon Lake and people should not take it upon themselves to ruin the years of hardwork people put into these trails. And the way some of these were just half hazardly drug on the trail, somebody could get hurt!!

Did you ever have ham?
    Some people just have no respect!!! I agree...people who alter other people's hard work with no disregard are just (censored)!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RRHINES View Post
    And the way some of these were just half hazardly drug on the trail, somebody could get hurt!!
    haphazardly

be careful out there!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Summer is coming...

...things always pop up!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Well this just wasnt a few things that's what got me mad

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I was up there earlier today looking around. I am new 2 this and wanted 2 look around, i myself noticed the trails i walked had that as well. I cleaned up what i found but i agree it was pretty bad. Ppl lack common sense. Its dangerous and not 2 mention it could mess something up on the bike. It ticked me off n I've yet 2 ride up there. I guess ill find out 2morrow. Hope it goes well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Judging by your description of the what occurred, I wouldn't characterize this as "altering trails" ie mountain bikers taking it upon themselves to create new lines or features, this sounds like some non-mountain biker punk kids tryin to be smart asses

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Thanks for your concerns and support, always glad to see people who step up and help or offer comments...

...all fixed...

...for those who didn't see it, looked like kids decided to throw stuff around to mess it up a bit!

Rode today with no problems!

Thanks for your help

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Did you notice the damaged bridge on Watkins?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Yes, that is just rotted out and has nothing to do with this thread...

...we had a rider who offered to fix it, but he never came through, so we will do it on our next workday.

Members who have read this thread: 0