Ski Denton Operating Scedule- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Ski Denton Operating Scedule

Hi all!! Here are the anticipated operating weekends for lift service this season at Denton...remember the trails are open all week:

Memorial Day Weekend Sat/Sun 9:00-4:00

4th of July Weekend Sat 9:00-6:00 / Sun 9:00-4:00

The First two weekends of October Sat/Sun 9:00-4:00

This is the definate minimum so plan ahead...more operating days may be added if rider support demands!

REMEMBER-WE CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN ALL 50+ MILES DURING THE SEASON SO COME ENJOY CROSS-COUNTRY RIDING ANYTIME

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! Denton/Potter county the best there is!

Heeeey Denton:

Thanks for your hard work keep'in dem trails open and fun!

See ya soon!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Is there an access road to the top that will be open on the days the lifts aren't open? (in case people want to do shuttle runs)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    There are a couple different routes that can be used for shuttle days...requiring some peddling on the flat. There will be detailed maps of these routes posted at the front of the ski lodge along with trail maps for days when we are not operating the lift.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    scott,

you may want to try and get ahold of someone up at swain. they shut down and they might be willing to get you in touch with their rider base. you'll easily be the shortest destination for them.

good luck this season.

mtbr member
    I love Potter County. I'm planning on camping out at Lyman Run for a week in August. Where should I go and who should I talk to to get some local knowledge?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Bill
    I love Potter County. I'm planning on camping out at Lyman Run for a week in August. Where should I go and who should I talk to to get some local knowledge?
    BB:

The original God's country 25 mile mtb race ran right through there and in later years started in the park. I'm sure you can find a map of the course online. It was a killer event with 3 major climbs!

Ole Bull SP is another great place to tool around.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    BB:

The original God's country 25 mile mtb race ran right through there and in later years started in the park. I'm sure you can find a map of the course online. It was a killer event with 3 major climbs!

Ole Bull SP is another great place to tool around.
    Yea, I did that race one year. I think it started and finished in Lyman Run. My recollection is that it was run mostly on the forest roads/ATV trails. I've also ridden in and about Ole Bull. I plan on spending at least one day there. Is there any single track accessible from LRSP? Anything that connects LRSP with Denton Hill?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    BB

There is great riding bewteen the two parks! A good route:

Leave the park travelling west on Lyman Run Road...about four miles Township Trail (marked with a forestry sign) is on the right...a nice mile long single track climb will bring you to the top of our trail system at Denton...endless possibilities from there!

Climbing township you'll cross the ATV trail...this also goes right through Lyman Run Park...Mid week riding on this can be good service road type riding...little crowded with ATVs on the weekends.

There are also two single track trails we use during the new God's Country Mountain Bike course at the head of Lyman Run...they are not designated official trails but can be located by forest flagging:

Here is a great loop of them:

Lyman Run Road, heading west again, starts a serious climb about
    4.5 - 5 miles from the Lyman Run Park...before this hill there is a single track trail to the right in a hollow...take this trail to the top where it meets the ATV trail and turn right...you'll come back out onto Lyman Road at the top of the hill...cross road staying on ATV trail and just past the gate look for a single track trail heading down the hill to the left...unforgetable section of downhill singletrack here!!!and you're back to the bottom of the hill on LYman Run Road at the end.

See you on the trails!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    google map of the area between the parks:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...15528&t=p&z=13

I'll try to get something with more detail posted here and there will be detailed maps posted at the Ski Denton lodge all summer.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to exploring the area. I did the MASS 50 miler at Denton Hill last summer and there and the course had a lot of sweet single track that I'd like to take a crack at again at a more relaxed pace.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Denton Trails Open next week?

Hey Denton,
    I'm heading up to Coudersport next week (14th thru 17th), will the XC trails at the ski resort be open? Can I just park at the lodge and head out from there?

Is there much turkey hunting that goes on in that area near the ski resort, or should I be pretty safe?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The crew has been working on spring cleaning the trails for the past week and everything is looking great. There are maps, along with a posting of the race course, at the front of the lodge. Turkey hunting is usually pretty quite in the park, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Enjoy!

Uphill? What's that
    Are there dedicated downhill trails at Denton?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The whole right half of this map are "no pedal" downhill trails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The lifts will be running this weekend, July 4th and 5th.
    Extended hours - 9:00-6:00!

Gravity's Gone
    Is it until 6 on both days or just Saturday?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    we're going to run till 6:00 each day.

Keep on Rockin...

Still there?

Quote Originally Posted by denton
    BB

There is great riding bewteen the two parks! A good route:

Leave the park travelling west on Lyman Run Road...about four miles Township Trail (marked with a forestry sign) is on the right...a nice mile long single track climb will bring you to the top of our trail system at Denton...endless possibilities from there!

Climbing township you'll cross the ATV trail...this also goes right through Lyman Run Park...Mid week riding on this can be good service road type riding...little crowded with ATVs on the weekends.

There are also two single track trails we use during the new God's Country Mountain Bike course at the head of Lyman Run...they are not designated official trails but can be located by forest flagging:

Here is a great loop of them:

Lyman Run Road, heading west again, starts a serious climb about
    4.5 - 5 miles from the Lyman Run Park...before this hill there is a single track trail to the right in a hollow...take this trail to the top where it meets the ATV trail and turn right...you'll come back out onto Lyman Road at the top of the hill...cross road staying on ATV trail and just past the gate look for a single track trail heading down the hill to the left...unforgetable section of downhill singletrack here!!!and you're back to the bottom of the hill on LYman Run Road at the end.

See you on the trails!
    The two off Lyman above Twshp... Pepper's (South of Lyman) and Dogleg-Bosco (East of Lyman) - they helped build'm.

Plan to visit the end of the Summer.

Members who have read this thread: 0