Short pic TR from Laurel Mountain- Mtbr.com
    SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006

Short pic TR from Laurel Mountain

I got get back up here. such sick techy singletrack.

get your asses up there for some rock be bump de bump.

mtbr member

PA trails......

Make great riders......looks like some very challenging terrain. THx for sharing the pics.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Nice pics! I ride in laurel summit a few times a week so I know what the technical rock trails are all about. What trail are you riding on as I will have to check it out? B/c I live so close laurel summit I literally learned to mountain bike on rocks (seriously my first time on a mtb I was on an expert rated trail, btw I didn't do too bad ).

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

See any snakes?

We were there a week ago for the Pivot demo and saw a couple of BIG rattlers on the trail. Now my wife doesn't want to go back. Not sure if rattlers are really common up there or if we were just unlucky.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by ricxcs
    We were there a week ago for the Pivot demo and saw a couple of BIG rattlers on the trail. Now my wife doesn't want to go back. Not sure if rattlers are really common up there or if we were just unlucky.
    Not uncommon. Clip in and stay in. Chris (of Speedgoat fame) lost his beloved Husky up there when the dog was struck by a rattler.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Nice no rass
    Yeah rattlers are pretty common. During certain parts of the Summer we omit high risk areas from our rides...specifically the logged areas where it's sunny. It's gotten worse the last two years due to less traffic by hikers, bikers and equestrians. The earlier you ride, the safer it is. Like Davis said clip in, stay clipped in and keep moving. Up until 2 years ago rattlers near the trails was uncommon, but there was far more human traffic before the economy went in the tank.

Members who have read this thread: 0