Seriously sick of all this rain!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Seriously sick of all this rain!

Only been able to ride once a week for the past month because it seems like either it is raining on my days off or the trails are drying out and too muddy. Starting to feel like Seattle rather than Pittsburgh these days.

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    dude its pittsburgh rocks/pine forest dont get to muddy

sent PM if you want to join call I am heading out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I've got a lot planned for today so my day is already shot. Besides, I'm somewhere between that beginner/intermediate skill level and would probably slow you guys down. lol

Part of my issue with riding on wet trails is my bike because it is still completely stock. I probably would benefit just by upgrading the stock tires to something more appropriate for our area. But I'm trying to not spend any extra money on it right now because I'm building a full suspension bike and trying to get that finished in the next few weeks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    ha i'm sick of the rain too. i ride in the pittsburgh area also. i went monday, tuesday, wednesday, and friday. i got caught in the rain twice this week. it sucked big time. i am about the same skill level as you too. my bike is a 25 year old fully rigid bike with 1.8 ish inch tires. and yeah trails here can get muddy, there not all forest's and rock gardens, although most of them are.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I just broke out the cross bike today and went. Rode through fields, cinder-paths, forest roads...etc. Got pretty wet and muddy but it fed the need!

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    well guys rode Bavington today it is the place to go to avoid wet trail, some of them were bone dry in fact. hard to believe.but true.

and guys the only way to get better is ride with better people. Anything I post or PM to people I dont know is strictly no drop only(unless otherwise stated). Meaning we will not leave you behind.

people waited for me when i was slower and I will gladly wait for others as well.

mtbr member

Switched over to...

some wet weather fun....kayaking 4 times in the last 7 days...also doing quite a bit of trail maint(trimming mostly) while it is so wet....
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Check this thread http://forums.mtbr.com//showthread.php?t=530014

Actually, today I went riding in the rain, the rain will not stop my fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0