Saturday morning ride?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,199

    Saturday morning ride?

    Ok, looking to put together a ride for Saturday morning. Must be tolerant of overweight, poorly conditioned rider, who tends to walk almost as much as ride.. Lots of breaks throughout the ride, oxygen tank optional. Yeah, I know...sounds real appealing, doesn't it? Don't everybody jump at once now.

    Thoughts?

    Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raymo853's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    Ok, looking to put together a ride for Saturday morning. Must be tolerant of overweight, poorly conditioned rider, who tends to walk almost as much as ride.. Lots of breaks throughout the ride, oxygen tank optional. Yeah, I know...sounds real appealing, doesn't it? Don't everybody jump at once now.

    Thoughts?

    Bob

    Location?

  3. #3
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,199

    I knew I forgot something

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymo853
    Location?
    SEPA. Wiss, French Creek, almost anything within an hour or so of Philly.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigkeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    284

    I would but uuuuuuh!

    its cold outside.
    i have class in the morning

  5. #5
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    Ok, looking to put together a ride for Saturday morning. Must be tolerant of overweight, poorly conditioned rider, who tends to walk almost as much as ride.. Lots of breaks throughout the ride, oxygen tank optional. Yeah, I know...sounds real appealing, doesn't it? Don't everybody jump at once now.

    Thoughts?

    Bob
    Can I interest you in a Kings Grant ride? 20 minutes from CC, 18 miles of great singletrack, even some climbs, and the group that rides on Saturday is very tolerant of all riders. You won't feel out of place and you won't be left behind. Starts at 10 AM at the KG shopping center in Marlton, NJ.

    Let me know and I'll give you directions and the leaders info. It's winning over a lot of Wiss riders.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Can I interest you in a Kings Grant ride? 20 minutes from CC, 18 miles of great singletrack, even some climbs, and the group that rides on Saturday is very tolerant of all riders. You won't feel out of place and you won't be left behind. Starts at 10 AM at the KG shopping center in Marlton, NJ.

    Let me know and I'll give you directions and the leaders info. It's winning over a lot of Wiss riders.
    Is it an 18 mile loop? Is it well marked? I'd like to get up there tomorrow afternoon if so.

  7. #7
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by poconoceancity
    Is it an 18 mile loop? Is it well marked? I'd like to get up there tomorrow afternoon if so.
    We are still marking the trails (currently just red and green are marked - approx. 6 mi). Without a guide you will not be able to put it together. Sort of like the first time you ever road Wiss. If you want to explore, then give it a try. It's on each side of Kettle Run Road.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    We are still marking the trails (currently just red and green are marked - approx. 6 mi). Without a guide you will not be able to put it together. Sort of like the first time you ever road Wiss. If you want to explore, then give it a try. It's on each side of Kettle Run Road.
    Thanks, I'll wait to ride it with a guide. I hate exploring, I spend more time worrying that I'm lost and then can't enjoy the ride. looks like I'll be hitting the flat Atlantic county trails tomorrow.

  9. #9
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,199

    This sounds interesting

    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Can I interest you in a Kings Grant ride? 20 minutes from CC, 18 miles of great singletrack, even some climbs, and the group that rides on Saturday is very tolerant of all riders. You won't feel out of place and you won't be left behind. Starts at 10 AM at the KG shopping center in Marlton, NJ.

    Let me know and I'll give you directions and the leaders info. It's winning over a lot of Wiss riders.
    Shoot me an email at [email protected] with directions. I'm definitely interested, but still need to sort through a few logistics issues before I commit.

    Thanks,

    Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  10. #10
    Inbred Homebrewer
    Reputation: Stick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    847

    No good

    No can do, Bob. Just getting over a week-long battle w/ bronchitis. Temperature maxed out near 104 F on wednesday. Today's the first day all week that I feel even remotely 'well', but I'm still wheezing a bit if I exhale forcefully.

    Sorry.
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

  11. #11
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,199

    Healing vibes

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    No can do, Bob. Just getting over a week-long battle w/ bronchitis. Temperature maxed out near 104 F on wednesday. Today's the first day all week that I feel even remotely 'well', but I'm still wheezing a bit if I exhale forcefully.

    Sorry.
    Chip gave me the heads up. Sorry to see you're feeling bad. I just got over strep throat myself, and lost a week of work myself. Hope you feel better soon.

    Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stymie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    264
    Sorry to hear that stick, hope you're feeling better soon. I had a crappy sinus thingo/post nasal drip in early January which moved onto my chest. May have also had a tough of brochitis as well. My cough is only just now starting to disappear.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.