RollerCoaster Say Wut?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

RollerCoaster Say Wut?

Mtbr'ers BWillsie, Krazcustoms, SlowDave, Foto71,TTurboTom, and I got out for some trail work. Nice 2 mile downhill built in "UpperEarth" section of Mtn Top. VaMtnBkr let us use his Husky heavy duty trimmer and JonA loaned his Husky Leaf blower....Heres a couple pics....Great time of year for trail work.!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

Some more pics..

Unfortunately we found quite a pile of trash off the edge of the quad path referred to as "Nowhere" just before "Smashing Plates". What a bummer! The appropriate people were notified.....

mtbr member

Few more shots of the trail work

4 days walking the woods checkin out lines.....2 days to finish 2 miles of downhill!!!!

mtbr member
    Much thanks to all of you who helped and/or loaned us equipment. If it weren't for you guys, it would have taken Brian and I at least another 4 days to get it done. Preliminary reviews were favorable, so hopefully it will see plenty of use. Once again, THANK YOU!!!

Mike

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    Looks awesome!! Foto71 looks so cute with his puppy! hahaha!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Mike:

Looks Great! Nice Work, and way better than the other way to get around! Can't wait to ride it with ya! Worked at the mOOn, so I couldn't be there with ya.

mtbr member
    More places I can take the pugs !
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    I really look forward to riding this section. It flows like nobody's business.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

More Pictures

Great work Brian and Mike designing the trail and thanks to Turbo Tom, Jeff, SlowDave for helping out. The trail seems to have really nice flow and it going to be fast.

Getting ready

Trail dog.

Chris
    WVMTBA

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

More Pictures

Mike got a little dirty.

Chris
    WVMTBA
    Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Assocation
    www.wvmtba.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

even more pictuers

Chris
    WVMTBA

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    Good work guys, looks nice!
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Riding it tonight

Gonna ride it tonight for the first time. I also talked to john and the Authorities are pursuing the illegal dumping so I hope that goes well and they catch the bastards ( can I say that here) . Many Thanks to all those who helped. Ride On.....

Go Big or Die Tryin'
    Anyone want to ride this trail tomorrow after work around 5? Where does is start/end? I was one of the people that built the freeride trail, Slayline, over the old Smashing Plates. Let me know what's up.
    Slugs love beer.

mtbr member

I will most likely...

be riding RollerCoaster ...Say Wut? on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Great ride

I rode it Tuesday night and it is a great addition/alternative to smashing/plates and that rock littered road. It rides as we planned, hardly any brakes required and wicked quick. I could try to describe how to get to it but I would only confuse people so it's best to hook up with a rider who knows where it is at. (It starts at the Highest point off quad path)
    As for the rest of the trails, Middle finger will need a quick work day to clear it out , there are some small branches down on Dead Dear ( so if everyone just stoppes and pickes a couple off on there way down it'll be clear) Killer Bee is clear, Hell Trail 2 has a few sizable logs that'll need a saw. Ride On.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    finally got to ride rollercoaster, kinda took it easy as it was the 1st time onit but man I gotta say there are some sections that are scary fast and i mean that in a good way about the coolest thing about it is the trail is mostly dirt and at times the only sound you hear is the wind screamin in your ears that is sweet just enough stuff to keep you honest
    great job on the trail layout

mtbr member
    Glad to see that it's getting use - and the feedback has been nothing but positive so far. I've only ridden it once and aside from a couple of corners that are too sharp (easy fixes), I absoloutely love it. Yeah, the silence of the soft dirt is eerie! I plan to rake Middle Finger/Dead Deer/Hell Trail this week which will make the lead-up ride more enjoyable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i forgot to mention that there is a huge body count right now at the top of dead deer including a fawn in the middle of the top of the trail hope fully ma nature will take care of most of it before it heats up or the stench will be incredible

mtbr member

Good job! 2nd time on ROllerCoaster Say Wut?

We got out today and rode "Upper Earth" area of Mtn Top including: Middle Finger, Tower Trail, Dead Deer Extreme, Dead Deer, Killer Bee, Hell, Nowhere, and finally...for a 2nd time...RollerCoaster Say Wut? Say Hoo Hoo Hooo.....what a blast this time...just bombed it and railed the corners....really nice. A couple of cautionary notes though....on RC Say Wut? there is a huge deadfall right near the "Puppy Tree"...this thing is massive...will need a re route...not even a chainsaw will take this out easily... also as SlowDave said the pile at the top of Dead Deer is disgusting.....the trail entrance is almost blocked and the spot is chock full of deer....

Thanks goes out to Brian and Mike for raking and clearing MiddleFinger and Dead Deer...those trails are in fantastic condition.

mtbr member
    When I was at Dead Deer yesterday I cut alot of the pickers out to the right of the carcasses - luckily it was very windy and the stench was not blowing towards me. I imagine they have some idiot dumping the bodies now as Brian and I noticed a couple of carcasses in another pulloff area much closer to the gate while we were walking out. I'm tempted to put a sign there or something....

Also, we're planning on riding this on Wed. at 5:30 if anyone wants to join.

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    I would be interested, but I am not invited.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

No good

Damn him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told him to put the dead deer neatly in a row facing the morning sun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfmansBrother8
    I would be interested, but I am not invited.
    O.K. you're invited as long as you don't scare away the cool people.

Things are looking good, so I guess I will see you for the Wed ride at Brown St. Should we meet at the top and arrange a shuttle from there or vice versa?

mtbr member
    Tom - That's great! We're meeting at Bentleys at 5:15 or at Brown St. at 5:30 so it depends on when you can get there. If you're early, go to the bottom - if you're running late, go to the top. One way or another, we'll make sure everyone reunites with their vehicles.

I'll call on the way to keep you in the loop

mtbr member
    Great ride today everyone! The new trail is wearing in nicely - every ride helps!

Oh, and the downed tree is no longer a problem. We did a re-route that took all of about 5 minutes.

Good ride indeed Roller Coaster Say Wut is a sweet trail for sure. Some section are wicked fast and earily quite. Glad we didn't puke before getting there. ;-)

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    Ditto! Freakin' Awesome! ZOOOIIINNGGS!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Some pictures from 4-8-09

Jedi Mike, Gary, Turbo Tom, Brian and myself did a ride on the trails leading up to the RollerCoaster Say Wut?

Getting the bike ready for the shuttle to the top.

I think "Style man" would freak out over this. LOL

Top of Dead Deer Extreme

The entrance to Dead Deer Run

Everyone at the entrance of Roller Coaster Say Wut?

Chris
    WVMTBA
    www.wvmtba.com

not really a baboon
    Aug 2005
    What's the story behind all those dead deer?
    Volvo For Life

mtbr member
    May 2007
    is that were they toss dead dear found killed along the roadways or something?
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

Pretty much yeah. May even be dead bear from time to time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Is it PENDOT or the county that places them there. I think.

Chris
    WVMTBA

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    The State

mtbr member
    The State Game Commission drops them there. If you are lucky enough and hit it at the right time, you might even run into a bear pulling away dinner. The place is absolutely amazing from mid June through August with the sun and heat beating on them, even if you can't see the trail head you can always trust your nose to lead you to it.
    "There is a road--no simple highway"

mtbr member

Snappers ..

Rode the Snappers today.....really great condition...we did some trail work there friday....get out there now...it is super. THis pic was taken on Twister at the start of the ride. what a day out there today.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

mike,

next time you ride this let me and my dad know.....we'd be intrested in coming
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

mtbr member
    A handful of us rode "Upper Earth" yesterday (Saturday) afternoon and were confronted by a Game Commission officer at the entrance to Dead Deer. He was nice and told us that we could ONLY ride the railbed (which we knew already) although I asked if we could ride down the power line to the Ashley Planes and he said that was O.K. however he told us during turkey hunting season we shouldn't be in the woods before 1 p.m. which we already knew.

The main problem was that there were mountain bikers out in the woods in the A.M. and some turkey hunters complained which is understandable. He ran the plate of the car at the end of the railbed and asked us if we knew the person - which we did. So to the brothers with the initials "J.J." - STAY OUT OF THE WOODS WHEN THERE IS HUNTING GOING ON!!!

The guy wasn't looking to fine anyone or anything - he said he was just looking to give a warning.

So once we dropped down to the Ashley Plane we zipped over to Killer Bee and finished out our intended route - unfortunately having to skip Dead Deer (there's a bear carcass up there as well by the way).

All of these trails are in super condition and the logging hasn't yet affected any of them although it's only a matter of time....

Go Big or Die Tryin'
    Ok there cheif...no need to get your panties in a bunch and YELL AT ME IN ALL CAPS!!!! I forgot all about spring gobbler, thanx for the reminder.
    Slugs love beer.

mtbr member
    But I like bunched up panties....

By the way, let me know if/when you guys still want to clear out that trail on the other side of Mountain Park. It'd be nice to get a decent crew together to knock it out in a couple of hours.

Go for the throat
    Being in the woods during gobbler hunting hours was pretty dumb, but an honest mistake. Still, the only hunter we saw was at the start of the ride and I'm certain we didn't ruin anyone's turkey hunt. Some people just love to complain. I'll keep an eye on the hunting calendar next time.

Clearing a trail at Mountain Park would be fun, but I'm saving my energy for trying to salvage what will be left of the Mountain Top trails once the logging gets underway.

mtbr member
    Just a note to let everyone know we rode Middle Finger/Dead Deer/Hell Trail/Rollercoaster yesterday 5/21 and everything is in super condition and the logging hasn't gotten into them YET. So get out there and ride before they make a mess of them.

mtbr member

Say Wut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got out to "Upper Earth" on Memorial Day. Trails included Middle Finger, Powerline Challenge, Dead Deer Extreme, Dead Deer, Killer Bee, Hell Trail, Nowhere, and yes RollerCoaster Say Wut! All trails in super condition...couldn't stop smiling all the way down Roller Coaster Say Wut. And my hands were killing me from braking. Logging is getting closer and closer to Middle Finger though...get there soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0