Roll Call- Jtmbw- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Roll Call- Jtmbw

Less than a week folks! Who's going? I will be there at site Q with a small group (but some will be in-and-out the whole weekend), riding a grey Yeti and a black Brisa trials bike- also will be hanging out around sites 72-74 with another large group of riders, so who's up for some fun, some riding, and some good camp-cooking???

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Count me in too,
    Im not suer which site we are at, different than last year. I ride a Black Intense Uzzi SL and drive a Red Ford F150 Lightning. Im around 5'9 225 (BEEFEY!!!)
    Bryan

Dirt Whore
    I am going to try to swing an early ride on friday and saturday, and maybe stick around for a few things on Saturday.

mtbr member

Once again......

Staying at the Inn at Jim Thorpe for the 20th and last JTMBW.

Black Chameleon or Grey IF, wife will be on Yellow GT Avalanche. Driving a silver VW Passat w/ NJ plates.

mtbr member
    I'll be there with a crew in site 61.

Look for us with a BIG !!!!

This will be only my second year and if anybody would be willing to show us around for atleast one ride it would be greatly appreciated.

We're a crew from ridemonkey.com.

Edit: I'll be riding a green Ironhorse MKIII and my girlfriend will be on a Trek Fuel 90.

Fashionably functional...
    My group from NYC will start trickling in on Thursday afternoon. Black Tacoma carrying 1 polished Epic, 1 grey and 1 root beer Heckler and another bike I'm still deciding on. Pop in and say Hello. Does anyone know How safe is it to leave your bike around when you go to events or to town? Would hate to lose my ride at a MTB weekend (or any day).

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    In-town you probably want to lock it up, but I have never had a problem on the campgrounds (or have heard of one either)

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey Dan, I'll be there w/ Rich B and Pete H, & camping in the usual spot (near baseball bleachers in the field), bringing my O2 plus the singlespeed. Anyone else bringing their lights? Maybe a little midnight spelunking...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    lights are a must! Ill even bring an extra set if anyone needs them

mtbr member
    I'm coming up saturday, havwe no idea how to find the event though
    Those who know can not explain, Those who don't can not understand

Smith & Wesson, The original point and click user interface

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hope someone will wrie a ride report or have pictures, I was unable to go after all and am very bummed.

mtbr member
    Ughhh I'm tired.... ride report and pics to come tomorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hey Dan were you the guy with the koko and EMS pack with camera? if so great riding with you, this is Ken from NY. I was on the Airborne. Post up some pics if you got anything good on that ride, would love to see them.

Suburban Redneck
    Wait?!?! Did someone say 20th AND LAST JTMBW??? WTF? And just when I thought next would be THE year...................

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Ken,
    Yeah thats the same Dan, after I got home I realized it. This is Bryan, I was the wacko talking about rusty trombones, was riding the black intense. Busted myself up good on the friday AM ride. Ribs still hurt badly, may go get X-rays, but not much can be done for rib injurys. Got 2 more rides in after that mishap, so I happy I could still ride. Also spent around an hour between rides on those stunts on the ballfield. I had never rode a titer-totter before, was fun!!! I would like to build some of that stuff around here in NJ.

Did you catch the naked ride???? Dan got some nice pics, as did MANY others. The blond with the LARGE breasts was the one who got the ride together. One guy flipped over the bars naked, he was ok......that could have been ugly!!!!

See ya next year,
    I heard just before i was leaving that nexts years MBW will be in Tamaqua about 10 miles away. I rode there last MBW, was very nice. Already looking foreward to next year!!!

Bryan

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yep- that was me on the KoKo- got some good shots from the Friday ride, but only 2 naked pics came out I have a bit of color-correction to do on some, but they will be on rsdmag.com with an event-report by the weekend. Anyone have pics of me on the stunts???

mtbr member

Tamaqua is a good guess

I spoke to Dave Bucher Sunday morning. Told him he could be a guest at next years MBW and enjoy his new bike. He said that maybe he would be a guide. I asked him if that meant it would still be local but he just smiled and would not reveal any details.

My guess is also Tamaqua. The town has been trying to get into the MBT tourist industry for a while now. I'd like to see it remain in the vicinity. I'm just not sure if there are any large scale camping facilities.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Ahhh cool, hey Bryan too. You guys had us rolling with the rusty trombone and docking talk, too much man. I totally missed the naked ride! When was it? We shuttled saturday morning and then rode singletrack until we puked all afternoon, we almost missed the raffle. Spent the rest of saturday night finishing the beverages and fire wood. tamaqua sounds cool, the LI crew will be there.

Dan post up when the pics are up, would love to see them!

B I am moving to NJ this summer, we will have to hook up for some rides.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If its Tamaqua, there is a campground called Locust Lake near there (with real-live campsites with hookups and such) but I dont think it could swallow 1000 as easily- riding there also involves a car for the most part as well (and even then, the access-issue is sketchy because its gameland and coal-company land) but in any case, the riding is fantastic- I hit that several times a year (especially the bungalow rollercoaster trails) Personally, Im thinking they might hit up Paragon off-road park for a weekend rental of the entire facility- it wouldnt be singletrack, but it sure would be burly as hell and be able to swallow all 1000 or more riders!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I threw some pics into the gallery on rsdmag.com ...write up will come as I get a chance. And no, the streaker pictures arent up yet

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Nice shots Dan, I passed the link along to the rest of my crew and registered for the forum. Did any of the shots come out from that little drop when you were laying on the bottom?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    If its Tamaqua, there is a campground called Locust Lake near there (with real-live campsites with hookups and such) but I dont think it could swallow 1000 as easily- riding there also involves a car for the most part as well (and even then, the access-issue is sketchy because its gameland and coal-company land) but in any case, the riding is fantastic- I hit that several times a year (especially the bungalow rollercoaster trails) Personally, Im thinking they might hit up Paragon off-road park for a weekend rental of the entire facility- it wouldnt be singletrack, but it sure would be burly as hell and be able to swallow all 1000 or more riders!

I used to fish at Locust Lake with my grandpa when I was little. He lived in Frackville.

Locus Lake is pretty and the water is equally clean.