Rocky Ridge Question..- Mtbr.com
    banned
    Apr 2009

Rocky Ridge Question..

Can anyone telll me how to get to trail #8 from Lancaster (and how long it will take??)--Or if anyone has this exact address I can Google it.

here is the trail:

Rocky Ridge PA Trail 8 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Rocky Ridge is a great little park and getting better all the time due to the dedicated efforts of volunteers with the York Area Mountain Bike Association. There is a pretty good map available at YAMBA.org - The York Area Mountain Bike Association - York, PA. Depending from where you are in Lancaster, 25-35 minutes. Get off at the Mt. Zion Rd. exit and go north past the Galleria Mall. At the top of the hill, there is a turn lane to turn right. Follow that road to the park entrance. I did just read a few minutes ago that some ham-fisted trail work by the parks department ruined parts of trail 4 and 6, but I didn't see it yet. I was there a couple weeks ago for the Trek demo truck and had a great time.

banned
    Apr 2009
    Thanks,---

Wow i knew nothing about the TREK Demo (I ride a 29er Paragon)---

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Rocky Ridge question

If you have the chance to get there this Tuesday 5/8 Specialized is going to be there with demos to ride from 3-8pm. All bikes (womens models also) in various sizes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Nice, I work with the guy that shot that video.

I echo sammon287, RR is a great place to ride. If you go to the YAMBA site that sammon287 linked to you can grab their newest map. The portion of 8 that was shown in the video is highlighted red on the new map and was started from the end closest to the North overlook.

My favorites are:
    Trail 4(Rusty Chair) starting at the South overlook.
    Trail 2->9->3 - This is a nice rocky downhill. Just be aware you're in for a long climb out.
    Trail 5a(OMT) - Start at the end closest to the parking lot.
    Trail 7 - It's good in both directions but I prefer starting from the Deininger Rd. There is an marked trail that parallels the road to take you to 7's trailhead. It's starts at the gazebo on the side of the parking lot next to the sports field.

I hope you enjoy yourself if you decide to go!
    2011 Dawes Deadeye | 2011 Niner EMD9 | 2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy AL| 2016 Raleigh Merit 3| 2017 Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ GX

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    You can use 3500 Deininger Rd York PA, in your GPS, and then keep driving back to one of the parks parking lots. Not sure if its actually an address of a house up there but it works in my GPS (I checked).

sammon gave you the link to find the map and Fam hit on some of the best trails of those trails 4, 5a, and 7 are all YAMBA built trails. There is a new trail "Bipolar" that YAMBA just finished last year that isn't on the map yet, its a reroute of trail 3. On the upper right section of the YAMBA map you will see the switchback section of trail 8 and where it meets trail 3. The new trail 3 parallels the old trail three from that intersection downhill across 9a and meets back with trail 3.

banned
    Apr 2009
    How are the Ticks there (if anyone knows?)----I plan on going therre tomorrow...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I've ridden there many, many times and I've only picked up 2 ticks on 2 separate rides, with the 2nd one being picked up last Friday. I rode there today and did not pick up any but my riding buddy picked up one. We both used bug spray but I don't think he is as thorough as me with his spraying.
    2011 Dawes Deadeye | 2011 Niner EMD9 | 2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy AL| 2016 Raleigh Merit 3| 2017 Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ GX

Members who have read this thread: 0