RIGged for fun- Mtbr.com

Thread: RIGged for fun

AKA; Jimmy Tango

RIGged for fun

Today was the first time I really rode my '06 Fisher Rig. I rode it to work, ehh, and once for 30 minutes at the local park that had psuedo trails. Today though, the first real ride, wow! I loved it. This is my first single speed, and my first 29er. My brother and I went to a place called Rocky Ridge, in York, PA. The place is aptly named, the hole place is a rock garden, seriously. This morning when I went to get my brother I brought my fs geared bike and the Rig. Couldn't decide. You see, I live in Lancaster, PA, and the weather this time of year is horrible, by my standards. Today they were calling for 60 degrees, like 20 degrees higher than normal, and I wanted to ride but I wanted to get the most for my ride. Riding an unfamiliar trail on a unfamiliar, totally diff kinda bike, tough decision for me. I went with the Rig, but was apprenhensive. Ohhh, it was an awesome choice, I am supposed to go to a motorcycle show in NYC tomorrow, no way! Cancelling that trip to get back out on that Rig. Singlespeeding with 29's, I am hooked!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Congrats on the new bike. I would like to pick up a 29 inch wheeled bike but don't know if my knees could take a single speed. Rocky Ridge is a great place to ride. I was up there with my wife today and we did a 7.5 mile loop. I live in York and normally ride there at least once a week. Where do you normally ride?
    Good call on skipping the motorcycle show and riding instead. We went to the show last week in DC and looked at all the new motorcycles. I kept looking at the prices and thinking of how many bicycles I could buy instead of buying one more motorcycle.

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    Hey, did either of you lose a cell phone while on the trail today at rocky ridge? If you did let me know I found one and would like to locate its owner.

Rat Fink
    If you don't know about it already, check out York Area Mountain Bikers, AKA YAMBA http://www.yamba.org/. The club works together with the York County parts to make and maintain trails there and at Wm Kain Park (Lake Williams, Lake Redman). The lakes are the perfect compliment to Rocky Ridge with lots of single track.

YAMBA has regular group rides if you're interested.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gop427
    Hey, did either of you lose a cell phone while on the trail today at rocky ridge? If you did let me know I found one and would like to locate its owner.
    I am going to the trail work today with YAMBA so I will mention it there.

Rat Fink
    Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider
    I am going to the trail work today with YAMBA so I will mention it there.
    Shame on them for scheduling trail work during the Steelers game.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

Members who have read this thread: 0