riding at Whitetail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

riding at Whitetail

Ok, I've been away from the MTB scene for a while. I'm getting back into things and I was wondering if there anyone still rides at Ski Whitetail when it isn't ski season. I just saw a comercial on tv for the place and it got me thinking about all the races I used to do down there. They had some pretty cool trails. So, what's the word? Still a good place to ride? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    um not to get off topic,but iv heard of this place.where in pa is it?and what type of riding is it?
    so this is how you add a signature!!

mtbr member
    Last i heard they got rid of a lot of the mtb trails at whitetail. I think they stopped having races as well. i heard this a while back so maybe things have changed since then. Maybe you should give Whitetail a call to find out what the deal is with mtb'ing.

Whitetail is in Mercersburg, PA almost at the MD state line. They used to have some really challenging XC trails there.

http://www.skiwhitetail.com/

mtbr member
    What a shame. There were some really good xc trails and some cool down hill trails too. They had 2 different xc race series at what I'll assume was the the height of riding down there. I remember when they first started they had bike rentals and shower facilities too. I'll have to check back with them when ski season is over. Their web page has nothing but skiing on it right now. The down fall of riding there may have happened when the Ski Brownslop management took over.

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005

Whitetail riding is history

There are lots of great places to ride in south central PA. If you live in the area and are interested in riding with a fun group, Mountain Bikers of Michaux rides in Mont Alto, Caledonia, Pine Grove Furnace, Old Forge, and other areas not too far from Whitetail. We meet every Sunday morning year round and Thursday nights also when the weather is warmer. Drop me a line if you are looking to ride.

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cbratt
    There are lots of great places to ride in south central PA. If you live in the area and are interested in riding with a fun group, Mountain Bikers of Michaux rides in Mont Alto, Caledonia, Pine Grove Furnace, Old Forge, and other areas not too far from Whitetail. We meet every Sunday morning year round and Thursday nights also when the weather is warmer. Drop me a line if you are looking to ride.
    There will be a DH race this year. Date will be announced soon. Check out the MAC series. Racers Edge.com and reading racing.com It will be a killer weekend

Members who have read this thread: 0