Riding in Wellsboro- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Riding in Wellsboro

What are some good places to ride in the Wellsboro, PA area? I'm going on a weekend trip there for Rally America and I wanted to squeeze in some riding while I'm there.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    I rode up at asaph before STPR last year.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5925916

Honestly, I'd park up at the top somewhere and skip the huge climb / downhill. Both are long, boring, and uneventful. Of course, I had no clue where the good stuff is. A bunch of the roads up there are stage roads, so try not to ride during the event (or conversely, if you want awesome spectating, maybe try to coordinate your ride with the stage schedule).

Tell Matt Johnson, the RalliSpec guys, and North Coast guys I said hi. I'll be on my honeymoon during the event, so it'll be the first one I've missed in 7 or 8 years.

mtbr member
    I was actually reading your review of it last night. I also found what seemed to be a lot of fake trails in the review section. I originally just wanted to take a bike up to shorten the trip from my car to the spectating area, but I figured I would get some riding in since the town becomes swamped with people during the event.

mtbr member
    when is the Rally? I'm going to be up there in about a few weeks for the weekend. Are there any Dh trails or just xc?
    Team _________

mtbr member
    The 5th and 6th

http://www.stpr.org/

mtbr member
    Droptop. I am going to be there Thursday. I plan on riding Thursday/Friday in the afternoon. I rode this last year and need to get a new map. What is your schedule like?
    Can you hook that up to your car?.......

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Check out...

... the Twisted Spokes website(search) I think they have a map of the 11 & 22 miler MTB race courses. There are lots of trails to ride that autos won't be on.

The 11 miler(left side of the mountain from the dirt road) only uses some of the dirt road from the fish culture center and the uphill is scenic crossing the stream many times. At the top there are great trails, then the downhill is killer fast, def worth the struggle, but ya gotta like stuff like that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whit022000
    Droptop. I am going to be there Thursday. I plan on riding Thursday/Friday in the afternoon. I rode this last year and need to get a new map. What is your schedule like?
    I'm going up the entire weekend. I'll be driving up friday and leaving there either sunday or monday.

mtbr member
    Rode the asaph trails today. I took your advice and drove to the top and rode the plantation, but somehow could not find the top entrance to the deer trail or the jim close trail so I walked up them and rode down. had the gf meet me at the research center at the bottom of the road. pretty decent ride besides not being able to find the Stinger trail.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by droptopchevy
    Rode the asaph trails today. I took your advice and drove to the top and rode the plantation, but somehow could not find the top entrance to the deer trail or the jim close trail so I walked up them and rode down. had the gf meet me at the research center at the bottom of the road. pretty decent ride besides not being able to find the Stinger trail.
    Plantation runs directly into Stinger!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Plantation runs directly into Stinger!
    I was riding on what I thought was Plantation and it dropped me back off onto the road before I got to stinger trail. I'm geussing that Plantation Trail is not nearly as straight as the map shows. I found what I thought was the end of Stinger Trail, but there was just a post there with no sign.

Members who have read this thread: 0