Riding couples in the Lower Bucks area?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Riding couples in the Lower Bucks area?

We are a couple 42 & 40, living in Yardley, PA (Lower Bucks County). We generally ride Clayton, Hartshorn, Mercer, Core Creek, Washington Crossing, etc. We are always looking for new people to ride with, particularly like minded couples, as Allison enjoys riding with women at or near the same level of riding skills as she. If you are interested, drop us a line!

mtbr member

Bucks County Local Rides

I am curious where Clayton and Hartshorn are. I ride at Core Creek frequently and at Neshaminy HS occasionally, I go to Mercer once in a while. Last year I went to Wissahickon and loved it, but found it to be a hard ride going from one end to the other. More recently I rode in Moab, UT and saw what some real tough biking is like. All the 20 year olds left me in the dust!

My wife prefers riding the boardwalk, not the trails.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Hartshorn (presumably Hartshorne Woods) is a Monmouth County Park located not far from Red Bank, NJ.

http://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/parks/hartshorne.asp

Fun place, sort of like Wissahickon terrain-wise (sandy-ish, fast-draining soil, quick, twisty singletrack) but not quite as rocky and a few miles shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by trekmike
    I am curious where Clayton and Hartshorn are. I ride at Core Creek frequently and at Neshaminy HS occasionally, I go to Mercer once in a while. Last year I went to Wissahickon and loved it, but found it to be a hard ride going from one end to the other. More recently I rode in Moab, UT and saw what some real tough biking is like. All the 20 year olds left me in the dust!

My wife prefers riding the boardwalk, not the trails.
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sbermhb
    We are a couple 42 & 40, living in Yardley, PA (Lower Bucks County). We generally ride Clayton, Hartshorn, Mercer, Core Creek, Washington Crossing, etc. We are always looking for new people to ride with, particularly like minded couples, as Allison enjoys riding with women at or near the same level of riding skills as she. If you are interested, drop us a line!

My wife and I both ride, but we have two small kids (4.5 and 1.5) and have a hard time getting out together. ):

I agree though, it is hard to find couples that mountain bike. We live near Doylestown, by the way.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Hartshorn

I think Hartshorn is much less challenging than Wissahickon...more flowy, with a good variety of terrain but not overly technical.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    Hartshorn (presumably Hartshorne Woods) is a Monmouth County Park located not far from Red Bank, NJ.

Fun place, sort of like Wissahickon terrain-wise (sandy-ish, fast-draining soil, quick, twisty singletrack) but not quite as rocky and a few miles shorter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

We have kids too...

Hey, we both have kids (10, 9 and 7), so we know what you mean. We've just started getting the 10 and 9 year old into mountain biking, so that helps a bit. We're both divorced and only have the kids every other weekend, so that allows us a bit more riding time to ourselves. We just got back from Slatyfork, WV, and are going to Mountain Creek in a few weeks. Where do you ride locally?

Quote Originally Posted by anand
    My wife and I both ride, but we have two small kids (4.5 and 1.5) and have a hard time getting out together. ):

I agree though, it is hard to find couples that mountain bike. We live near Doylestown, by the way.

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    Hey, we both have kids (10, 9 and 7), so we know what you mean. We've just started getting the 10 and 9 year old into mountain biking, so that helps a bit. We're both divorced and only have the kids every other weekend, so that allows us a bit more riding time to ourselves. We just got back from Slatyfork, WV, and are going to Mountain Creek in a few weeks. Where do you ride locally?
    Have a wife and 4 kids. 10 thru 15. My wife rides and the kids just started getting into it. So I get to decide if I want to ride alone, with the wife, with the kids, or with the wife and kids. Hauling 6 bikes is of course a chore. We live in the Quakertown area.

mtbr member

Hartshorne

I would be interested in trying Hartshorne sometime, but I doubt the wife would go. I work in the Makefields, so hooking up would be easy!
    Last edited by trekmike; 06-27-2005 at 01:52 PM.

mtbr member

Follow-up information: Local rides..........

Thanks for the link. Already looked at it and it appears interesting. What about Clayton? Know anything about it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I ride mainly in the Wissahickon and Green Lane. I grew up next to fair hill so I ride there a lot in the summer. But basically that is it. I need rides close to home so I can ride early in the morning - before the wife and kids wake up! Otherwise, it is Fair Hill on the weekends with family looking after the kids.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Clayton

Hey Mike,

Clayton is in NJ, off of 195, near in Imlaystown. It's about 30 minutes from Yardley. It's a fun place to ride...not too challenging, but nice buff, rolling singletrack.

Feel free to drop me a line, maybe we can hook up and ride.

Thanks for the link. Already looked at it and it appears interesting. What about Clayton? Know anything about it?

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    I was thinking a couples group ride would be a fun idea. But getting a bunch of couples together at the same time could be next to impossible.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Couples ride...

Would be fun. When and where?

Quote Originally Posted by tlg
    I was thinking a couples group ride would be a fun idea. But getting a bunch of couples together at the same time could be next to impossible.

mtbr member
    Hey, Sbermhb:

Sounds good to me. Right now I am working the night shift 1900-0700 hrs. including Fri, Sat & Sun night. However, a closer ride would be more convenient until we can get the right days off since travelling consumes more time (Hopefully duirng the week for less crowds).

Core Creek on Wed or Thurs evening (this week) may work out for a nice turnaround on short notice. Maybe........?
    Well, we will see what happens!
    Last edited by trekmike; 06-28-2005 at 03:04 PM.

those are Rollercams...
    I'm in Bensalem, Neshaminy Creek trail is about 2 minutes from home. I like the idea of a couples ride, my wife hasn't ridden in years and I'd like to get her back on the bike.

mtbr member
    I often thought there was a trail along the mighty Nehaminy other than Idlewood behind the Neshaminy High School. Any details? Let me know here on the next post!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I just signed on here and the wife and I live in Perkasie,Igrew up in Yardley Borough and we love to ride when we can,mostly at Stover and Washington Crossing. Age 33&34

i want spring!

Smile

i got the wifey to ride but she's still is a newbie. She will not ride in this humid weather but I will if anyone is interested in a 3rd wheel. I just went to Core Creek for the 2nd time. Does any of those trails go around that whole lake? Awfully slick ther when the ground is wet. Anyway, we live in Mercer county, Hamilton. Will meet just about anywhere but i haven't ridden in any spots in Philly. Been to most in NJ if anyone is interested.

dirty bert
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Core Creek

I've tried, but have never found trails that all around the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert
    i got the wifey to ride but she's still is a newbie. She will not ride in this humid weather but I will if anyone is interested in a 3rd wheel. I just went to Core Creek for the 2nd time. Does any of those trails go around that whole lake? Awfully slick ther when the ground is wet. Anyway, we live in Mercer county, Hamilton. Will meet just about anywhere but i haven't ridden in any spots in Philly. Been to most in NJ if anyone is interested.

dirty bert

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I've tried, but have never found trails that all around the lake.
    Yeah, it seems to be just grass on the other side, hate riding through grass

By the way, my name is Matt, My wife and I just moved to Langhorne this year, and I've been exploring the local trails. I am from Cherry Hill area originally, cut my chops at the Wiss over a decade ago.

I love Nashaminy HS and Core creek is just 2 miles from home, closest I've ever been to real mountain biking!

The wife is recovering from a shattered ankle right now, and is probably out for the duration of the season, but I'll be out riding, look for the K2 Brass Monkey and say "hi."

mtbr member

Off most this week!!

Hi, I'moff most this week and could go to Core creek or Neshaminy. Core is real convenient. I am very familiar with the trails there. I was able to get 9 miles out of them yesterday including the trail crossing that leads to Maple Point. We could meet at Duchess lane parking area if you are interested...........

Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112

By the way, my name is Matt, My wife and I just moved to Langhorne this year, and I've been exploring the local trails. I am from Cherry Hill area originally, cut my chops at the Wiss over a decade ago.

I love Nashaminy HS and Core creek is just 2 miles from home, closest I've ever been to real mountain biking!

The wife is recovering from a shattered ankle right now, and is probably out for the duration of the season, but I'll be out riding, look for the K2 Brass Monkey and say "hi."

mtbr member

Off most this week!!

Hi, I'moff most this week and could go to Core creek or Neshaminy. Core is real convenient. I am very familiar with the trails there. I was able to get 9 miles out of them yesterday including the trail crossing that leads to Maple Point. We could meet at Duchess lane parking area if you are interested...........

mtbr member

Core Creek & Lake trails

The trails don't exactly go around the lake, but one loop travels along it in some places. This loop will take you to the trail behind Maple Point. There are two general loops, one easier than the other, and several intersecting trails. Most is relatively easy now than two years ago. Someone removed a lot of log piles but it is still fun if you pick up your speed. Let me know here or in private message if anyone is interested in a ride.

dirty bert

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I would totally go tonight, but I have 5 yds of mulch to spread

How about Sunday afternoon? Scary thing is that's the first time I can ride this week.

mtbr member

Neshaminy Creek Trail

Where is this trail??

Quote Originally Posted by WTB-rider
    I'm in Bensalem, Neshaminy Creek trail is about 2 minutes from home. I like the idea of a couples ride, my wife hasn't ridden in years and I'd like to get her back on the bike.

those are Rollercams...
    Where is this trail??
    You'll note in my original post only Neshaminy and Creek are capitalized, trail isn't. Not implying there's anything called the Neshaminy Creek Trail only that the trail that runs along the creek in Bensalem is quite close to my house. It's a short singletrack that takes me all of about 1 minute to reach by bike, certainly not worth the drive from anywhere.

mtbr member

Sunday afternoon works-- or Saturday morning, early!

I'm most certain Sunday will work for me! We should check back for appropriate times for this, and consider the excessive heat if it bothers you. Keep checking here for time updates that will fit our schedules....

Let me know with some suggestions.

I would totally go tonight, but I have 5 yds of mulch to spread

How about Sunday afternoon? Scary thing is that's the first time I can ride this week.

mtbr member

The elusive old Neshaminy trail

The elusive old Neshaminy trail

It's funny you put it that way! Sorry I didn't pick up on you capitalization practices for clarification. I have thought for some time that there might be a trail along the Neshaminy Creek that actually went somewhwere. There are a few in the Langhorne area, but not worth much. You could run up to the George School from Bridgetown Pike if you wanted but it isn't a great ride; and Playwicki (County) Park has some too, but not conducive to good riding-- mostly over-run ATV trails beat to crap and overgrown making it impassable.

If you are interested in a trail you haven't hit yet, place a post here. We can look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTB-rider
    You'll note in my original post only Neshaminy and Creek are capitalized, trail isn't. Not implying there's anything called the Neshaminy Creek Trail only that the trail that runs along the creek in Bensalem is quite close to my house. It's a short singletrack that takes me all of about 1 minute to reach by bike, certainly not worth the drive from anywhere.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm most certain Sunday will work for me! We should check back for appropriate times for this, and consider the excessive heat if it bothers you. Keep checking here for time updates that will fit our schedules....

Let me know with some suggestions.

4:00 looks good, gotta finish my yardwork before I play Heat doesn't bother me in the least.

mtbr member

Duchess Lane Parking Area.

Duchess Lane Parking area is near the park office on the Bridgetown Pike side of the park. There are trailheads there, as you may recall. I ride a silver Trek 8000 LT w/ orange Rock Shocks fork. I'll check back here for confirmation on 4:00 pm. (Its 1230 now).

4:00 looks good, gotta finish my yardwork before I play Heat doesn't bother me in the least.

mtbr member

Be There!

I'll be there: 1700 hrs. (5:00 pm). Duchess Lane.
    Last edited by trekmike; 08-07-2005 at 12:41 PM. Reason: clarify time change

those are Rollercams...

Don't know.

I really don't know if there's any sustained trail along the Creek, I've been in Bensalem for 11 years and ridden a few broken segments of trail, one that ran from Bristol Rd. (near The Oakford Inn )behind Korman Suites, and another that runs near Bensalem Blvd to name two. Again, nothing spectacular, somewhat technical in spots and best of all close to home. With two small kids and a crazy work schedule, I'm grateful for what I've got near home.

mtbr member
    You should give Core Creek a try, or Neshaminy HS. Not too far.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Fun ride yesterday Mike, good thing the rain held out for us.

WTB- definitely try Core Creek, well worth the short drive for you.

mtbr member
    mclark2112.

Enjoyed it too. You are a rider to contend with!
    We can hit it again but this weekend is out because of the work schedule.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You let me know what looks good, I've got the 9-5 grind going right now, so weekends and Mon, Tues Evenings are best.

those are Rollercams...
    Fun ride yesterday Mike, good thing the rain held out for us.

WTB- definitely try Core Creek, well worth the short drive for you.
    I've ridden both Core Creek and the HS but the creek trail allows me to ride every day if I want without more than a few minutes of preparation. When I do get the opportunity for longer rides(which ain't often) I head to spots other than the creek. It's all about time or the lack therof for me. As I said earlier, the trail along the creek is literally a 1 minute or less trip by bike from my house. Factor in the short length of the trail there and it's doable with my schedule. Better than sitting at home thinking about riding.

i want spring!
    hi. anyone riding this weekend 8/20 or 8/21? How's the trails in Allaire? I haven't been ther in years, are they any better? Where are the trails in Washington Crossing state park? I need a place to slowly easy myself back into riding.

Thanks,
    dirty bert
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member

Got your mesage late!

Hey Bert,

Got your mesage a little late today (Sunday). Mclark2112 and I hit Core Creek last night and I went to Pennypack this afternoon. Sorry man, you could have come along. Had a bad ride today. My front brake lever fell apart, blew a tube through an old incision in the tire and my riding partner went over after hitting a rock w/ his pedal. Had plenty of water for the trip though!

Are you in Lower Bucks?

hi. anyone riding this weekend 8/20 or 8/21? How's the trails in Allaire? I haven't been ther in years, are they any better? Where are the trails in Washington Crossing state park? I need a place to slowly easy myself back into riding.

Thanks,
    dirty bert

i want spring!

location, location, location

Hey Bert,

Got your mesage a little late today (Sunday). Mclark2112 and I hit Core Creek last night and I went to Pennypack this afternoon. Sorry man, you could have come along. Had a bad ride today. My front brake lever fell apart, blew a tube through an old incision in the tire and my riding partner went over after hitting a rock w/ his pedal. Had plenty of water for the trip though!

Are you in Lower Bucks?
    i live in Hamilton, NJ. the wifey was from lower bucks, langhorne and still has family, in and around that area. I'm a little familuar with the area. I haven't been to Pennypack or any of the philly spots. I waited till late in the day to go riding at Mercer. the wifey came sunday, did well but it was a lesuirely ride for 2 hours.

Maybe another weekend we can get together.

take care,
    db

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I ride around Core Creek park a lot because it's less than 5 minutes on bike for me to get there. My riding skills are probably on par with that bike riding dog I've seen clips of. I'll probably be moving to cliplesss pedals soon which should provide a lot of laughs for anyone who happens to ride with me. The best thing about Core Creek park is that it's so close to the hospital. It's the perfect place to ride for me. If any of you are headed for Core Creek or the HS trail, I would love to have someone to ride with. I may not actually be as bad as I am implying here, but it's entirely possible.

Anyway with all the times I've wandered Core Creek park, I may have run into one of you. I have been riding a giant green Giant bike. The size was completly off for me, but it was laying around. I'll probably be on a blue full suspension Ibex bike in the very near future. I guess it would help to tell say name is Chris too.

I can't picture the trails you were talking about that connects the Maple Point side to the hospital side. With all the cornfields up by where I expect this to be, it's near impossible to see where it would be at. I'll have to try coming to the trail from the Maple Point side where I know how to find it.

i want spring!

Still fallin'

Quote Originally Posted by Chriffer
    I ride around Core Creek park a lot because it's less than 5 minutes on bike for me to get there. My riding skills are probably on par with that bike riding dog I've seen clips of. I'll probably be moving to cliplesss pedals soon which should provide a lot of laughs for anyone who happens to ride with me. The best thing about Core Creek park is that it's so close to the hospital. It's the perfect place to ride for me. If any of you are headed for Core Creek or the HS trail, I would love to have someone to ride with. I may not actually be as bad as I am implying here, but it's entirely possible.
    LOL, I have been riding clipless for about 8 years and I still fall with them. I have gotten better in panic situations. i remeber a time when i'd be pedaling up a hill and couldn't pedal another stroke and would fumble trying to exiting them. Not realizing i was still rolling backwards. i decided to fall on purpose but of course i couldn't do that right and landed ass backwards on the rear tire. ouch! Anyway, they were one of the best upgrades you can make, you will pedal, climb and fall better with them on. Go practice in the grass. HAHA wait till the winter comes and the slush freezes the pedals in!

What kind of pedals are you getting? I have Time Atac xc. Good pedals and great in the mud, haven't had any problems with them.

I'd ride with you. I'm really not that slow nor fast. Give me a heads up when you are headed to core creek. I really can only do weekends.

–db

mtbr member

Core creek, Neshaminy HS, Pennypack or whatever....

Keep the posts going for good ride times. If anyone can go during the week-- make a note because sometimes I am available too. Evening hours are nice this time of year, or early on weekends to beat the heat and other people. Mclark is also interested in some rides...

I also use Time Atac XS. (not the $200 ones). Found a nice sale @ Nashbar for $78. but don't spend more than $120 unless you need titanium! You will appreciate the power you have when you are clipped in after you switch to someone elses bike without clipped pedals!

Anyway with all the times I've wandered Core Creek park, I may have run into one of you. I have been riding a giant green Giant bike. The size was completly off for me, but it was laying around. I'll probably be on a blue full suspension Ibex bike in the very near future. I guess it would help to tell say name is Chris too.

I can't picture the trails you were talking about that connects the Maple Point side to the hospital side. With all the cornfields up by where I expect this to be, it's near impossible to see where it would be at. I'll have to try coming to the trail from the Maple Point side where I know how to find it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I am using Crank Brother Mallet C pedals. It took me a bit of effort to get everything setup so I could get them to clip at all. I think I am at a point where going more than 2 feet with them is possible. My plan for tonight is to not kill myself while figuring out these pedals. I need to get a better feel for my new bike and get it all adjusted to a point where I'm comfortable. I can't really judge the disc brakes right now. I will need to figure out how my shocks would function best too.

I explored the trails in Core Creek today and was surprised by how much there was around. I was using the Mallets, but just as platforms. I started from the Maple point side and found some fun stuff over on that side of the park. Eventually I found the whole big area that is mostly along the lake with fun little bridges and other things. I didn't end up on the ground at all, but I had some funny moments. There is this very steep 10 foot or so hill that leads right into a bridge that I was stupid enough to attempt. I ended up not having enough speed at the start to stay stable so I had a foot that I bounced off the ground about every 2 feet while my bike went on down the hill pulling me. I'm sure it would have been a funny video. I did manage to make it down while staying vertical even if it wasn't a textbook maneuver.

If anyone wants meet up late this afternoon or this evening (tuesday the 23rd), I will be somewhere in Core Creek assuming I make it that far with the clipless pedals. I'll probably aim for around 5 tonight. I can change my plans if any of you would rather pick a different time. Any time in the late afternoon/evening this week has a good chance of boing doable for me. I want to checkout whatever the Neshaminy high school trail is sometime soon too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'll be there tonight, but probably not until around 6:30. Gotta finish mowing and trimming the lawn tonight...

I ride in from the Maple Point side, do the loop, then go over to the Langhorne/Yardley rd side and play over there.
    Last edited by mclark2112; 08-23-2005 at 09:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Riding tonite....

Hey.....my fiancee and I may be hitting Core Creek tonite, at around 6:30. We usually start behind Maple Point. If any one wants to meet us there, feel free. We're really looking for local couples to ride with!

mtbr member

Looking for you & your wife

Hey, I would love to get my wife to go but she is afraid of serious injury. She prefers rail trails or towpath. Too bad really because Core creek is pretty fun. I may try to find you tonight. I'll be riding slow because I have a slice in my rear tire that I'm nursing before I replace it. I'm on a silver Trek 8000 w/ orange Rock Shocks. Some others have been out recently too. Its a good deal-- nice to see!

[QUOTE=sbermhb]Hey.....my fiancee and I may be hitting Core Creek tonite, at around 6:30. We usually start behind Maple Point. If any one wants to meet us there, feel free. We're really looking for local couples to ride with![/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I just met a rider named Mark yesterday, he rides a purple Elsworth. He is the one to thank for most of the trail maintenance at Core Creek (you can see his recent work in the tall grass areas). He needs some help. I will be organizing something in the coming months through my shop, Endurance Sports. Let me know what days may look good. You can PM me here or email me at [email protected] .

I'm thinking we can even look at expanding the trails a bit this fall/winter too.

mtbr member

done a little work there myself.

Hi Matt,

I will hook up with you sometime about this. On a few occasions I've taken a bow saw, hand clippers and small rake to fix some minor problems. Thorny vines this time of year is a challenge! My thanks to Mark! My brother and I are headed out tonight between 1830-1900 hrs to see if we can find sbermhb ( how do you say that)?

I just met a rider named Mark yesterday, he rides a purple Elsworth. He is the one to thank for most of the trail maintenance at Core Creek (you can see his recent work in the tall grass areas). He needs some help. I will be organizing something in the coming months through my shop, Endurance Sports. Let me know what days may look good. You can PM me here or email me at [email protected] .

I'm thinking we can even look at expanding the trails a bit this fall/winter too.

i want spring!

Mercer

Hey, I would love to get my wife to go but she is afraid of serious injury. She prefers rail trails or towpath.
    Hey TrekMike,
    I don't know how far Mercer County Park (in NJ, hamilton area) is from you but it's really flat there. The wifey may be able to ride there.

-db

mtbr member

Thanks for the tip!

Hi,

I have been there a few times and enjoyed myself. I still think she wouldn't appreciate the roots and breaking a sweat! Funnel Kake and salt water taffy for her along the board walk or towpath. On the other hand, I would like to check out Hartshorn sometime. Never been there!

mke

Hey TrekMike,
    I don't know how far Mercer County Park (in NJ, hamilton area) is from you but it's really flat there. The wifey may be able to ride there.

-db

i want spring!

This Weekend?

Hey, is anyone riding this weekend? When and Where?

-old dirty bert

mtbr member
    I'm working nights for the weekend, but may be able to get to Core Creek on Saturday afternoon after say, 1300 hrs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Looking for a bike....

Hey all.....

Live in Yardley. Thinking about giving some mountain bike racing a try. My S-Works Enduro is too heavy (28 pounds), too much travel for racing. I'm banging my head for selling my Stumpy Comp hardtail. So, I'm considering buying a backup bike...something fairly lightweight, hardtail or short suspension.....Stumpy hardtail, SC Superlight, Giant NRS, Giant XTC, etc.....

If anybody know of anything, reasonably priced, in the area, please let me know. I'm 5-10 and would be looking, ideally, for a 18-19" size frame. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Look into Guy's Bikes in Festerville, PA. They run some sales on 2005 leftovers this time of year!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I work at Endurance in Yardley, we custom order any Marin, in fact we just got the closeout list for 2005, some good deals in there. I may be ordering a Marin Tara F/S frame

i want spring!

Mercer

I'm riding at Mercer tomorrow morning (sat. 27th), If anyone is interested. Hopefully I'll be there by 10 a.m. and will be parked in the West Picnic area lot. I got the black civic with a Trek liquid.

old dirty bert

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Assuming nothing surprising happens and I wake up feeling decent tomorrow I will try to get to Mercer. It doesn't look like a bad trip for me. My lack of skill may limit how long you want to stick with me, but I want to check out some more of the local places anyway. I'll aim to be there by 10, but I have no real idea when I will get there. I'll have a blue full suspensien Ibex bike.

Chriffer AKA Chris

I'm riding at Mercer tomorrow morning (sat. 27th), If anyone is interested. Hopefully I'll be there by 10 a.m. and will be parked in the West Picnic area lot. I got the black civic with a Trek liquid.

old dirty bert

i want spring!

Mercer

Assuming nothing surprising happens and I wake up feeling decent tomorrow I will try to get to Mercer. It doesn't look like a bad trip for me. My lack of skill may limit how long you want to stick with me, but I want to check out some more of the local places anyway. I'll aim to be there by 10, but I have no real idea when I will get there. I'll have a blue full suspensien Ibex bike.

Chriffer AKA Chris
    Chris,
    I really wouldn't worry about your riding skills. Mercer is good place to hone those skills.
    I'm really not a fast rider, it takes me awhile to warm up AND i'm still nursing a dislocated knee from last summer. So with that i'm a little slower, i still walk up a hill or walk over a log so don't worry.

hope to see u ther.
    DB

i want spring!

Cool-blue Rhythm This weekend, 9/10-11

Yea I'm already thinking about the weekend. Has anyone been thinking where they might ride this weekend? God, I wish the week would end and it's only wednesday.

dirty bert

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm thinking of trying Mercer on Sunday, are there any other good technical rides in the bucks/mid jersey area? Anyone ridden at High Rocks/ Ralph Stover?

And who stopped into the shop on Sat.? Sorry I wasn't working, I'm on tonight, and next wed, but the weekend is off!

mtbr member
    Hey, I'm off today and could get a day ride or an early evening ride in, if possible. Trouble is it gets dark too soon. Core Creek is in good shape.

i want spring!

Tomorrow 9/11

Anyone riding tomorrow (today)? I was thinking about Core Creek or Chimney Rock (maybe 2 far for Lower Bucks peoples).

DB

mtbr member
    Hi Bert, too bad I have to work all day, otherwise... Did anyone go to Mercer this weekend?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Im new to this message board but I ride Core Creek, Mercer, and Neshaminy. I am always looking for new trails to ride in the Bucks County area so if you know any fill me in.

mtbr member

Friday morning 0730 hrs.

How about Friday morning 0730 hrs @ Core Creek, or would earlier be better????

Check out the Lower Bucks Maintenance post for info...........

Quote Originally Posted by WormAQ
    Im new to this message board but I ride Core Creek, Mercer, and Neshaminy. I am always looking for new trails to ride in the Bucks County area so if you know any fill me in.
    Last edited by trekmike; 09-13-2005 at 04:21 PM.