riding in betzwood park...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

riding in betzwood park...

heres the link off of the mtbr review page:
    http://content.mtbr.com/cat/united-s...7_4573crx.aspx

has any one posting ever ridden here that can give better directions and more recent news on trail conditions and accesibility? Betzwood is about the same distance from my house and WIss. i'd love a new place to ride. i'd be parkiing at the lot on the bottom of Trooper Rd above 422

mtbr member
    hey havent seen you at the wiss in a while. i would suggest going a little further to belmont i really didnt like Betzwood that much (sorry Clyde ) kind of flat single track at least what i saw of it. i'm may head out to belmont tonite or the wiss depends on if my wife wants to ride. she hate the switch backs and log jumps at belmont which i think can be fun for certain amount of time.

Freshly Fujified

I've ridden there

And no offense taken, Keith. This used to be my favorite ride, until I recently joined IMBA and became the IMBA rep to Valley Forge, and was notified by the trails supervisor that all the singletrack in Betzwood was unauthorized. The Park Rangers know the trails are back there, they know people ride there, but seem to lack the manpower to patrol it and enforce the ban on riding. I'm hoping that my efforts via IMBA will get some of the trails opened up.

Keith's description of the area is valid. It's a lot of flat singletrack, but you can venture off and find some more technical areas, but they do not come close to what you will find it Wiss (this based on the one ride I had at Wiss, so far). All in all, if you have the skills to ride at Wiss, VF/Betzwood is a walk in the park (no pun intended).

I'll be happy to share more details of my knowledge of the trails back there by email at [email protected].

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    thanks for the info clyde. maybe i'll check i betzwood out next week.

keith, i've been around but more early morning on weekdays. i road thursday night at belmont 2 weeks ago. it was a lot of fun but i've bee scheduled to work late the last two thursdays. guess i'll just have to start riding belmont on some mornings to learn the trails and string a good ride together. been spending some time on the road bike too to build some enduance for racing (even tho i didn't do one event this summer) i'm gonna try and get something in by Oct.

mtbr member
    goodluck

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Have ridden at Betzwood several times, it is not great. Slight ups and downs, ins and outs etc. Can link it together with the singletrack on the other side of the river. Nothing challenging at all. If you are closer to Wiss or French Creek, go there.