Rid'in Moosic Mt 2 PM 5/24/09 you know the trails Larry and some others built...LOL- Mtbr.com
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Rid'in Moosic Mt 2 PM 5/24/09 you know the trails Larry and some others built...LOL

Meeting at main gate at 2 PM:

Topics will be: (Yaa pretty colors)

Riding, braGGing, merry christmas, riding, moreeeeee bragging, horn bloWing, planning to take over the uNiverse meeting, bragging, followed by more "talking" about bragging, whinIng, BEAM ME UP SCOTTY riding, 999with spe cial sessions ON bra88ing while we ride the trails, did I mEntion bragging? riding, sarcasm, heckling, Special guest appearances by one giant step for mankind braggers and horn blowers. Might even be 29er bashing, & 26er bragging whiCh I will //have to coNCur and brag aBout 29ers with the 29er guys. Af ter ride bragging session around our vehicles, with emphasis on riding while bragging and the outfall Hee Heeh of such events HAVE YO BEEN DRINKING AGAIN? requiring some horn blowing.

Disclaimer: Above statement is ludicrous, typed by a me with one finger on a faulty computer running on outdated Windows 98(not even 98SE) I'm not responsible for punctuation irroRs, gramma, or propar SpeeLing as it is to be taken with a light heart as a joke, heck I'm a Trail Builder, so go easy on me! I can operate a shovel quite well without instructions thank you!

Below statement is true factual text that can and is backed up by well...... FACTS...duh!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SERIOUSLY FOLKS

Nature Conservancy's Moosic Mt Preserve a great place to ride, built by great folks who really care!

Have no fear as we all will have a great ride and anyone interested in "riding" can join us!

Ride the mOOOOOsic Mt Preserve

mtbr member
    2! You'll need at least 3.5 hrs to ride if you include the new stuff! ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    2! You'll need at least 3.5 hrs to ride if you include the new stuff! ttyl, Fahn
    Oh goodie, lot's and lot's of trails built by really nice people!

Thanks for the heads up!

mtbr member
    Where on the preserve are the new trails?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    The Nature Conservancy who owns the property allowed us to build on the entire 1500 acres. Not to say there are trails cutting it all up, but rather an 8 plus mile trail system with many great features including a perimeter loop.

There's a copy of and older original map here:http://nepmtba.piczo.com/moosicmtpre...linkvar=000044

If that doesn't work try this: http://www.nepmtba.piczo.com. then on the left side of the main page in the pages list is a page titled "Moosic Mt Preserve map" click that. I'm sure Larry will respond with a newer version that I don't have on our website yet.

mtbr member
    thanks. I have been on most of the old trails. I was just wondering where the newly cut trails are located.

mtbr member
    My, my! Maybe trail updates aren't such a bad idea after all! That has nothing to do with you Tanner.

Here's a link to Hubbard where the trail maps are posted. Ride them and let me know what you think. ttyl, Fahn

https://www.hubbardbike.com/wordpres...s_preserve.jpg

PS for this year we're up to 2,000 acres and we'll get an additional 250 next year!
    Last edited by LarryFahn; 05-24-2009 at 09:21 PM.
    Hubbard Bike Club

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Thanks Lar...

mtbr member
    You got it. Add it to your web page if you would. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try out the new trails.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Well another ride in the books!

Right off the bat we noticed a new kiosk/sign near the road at the entrance, a freshly painted gate with 2 kiosks inside the gate as trail head info spots, and other vehicles sharing the Preserve.

We had a personal tour from Larry Fahn! Joining me were fellow NEPMTBAers, Loren & Jake, Chris (Murph) as well as Joan, and Lynn & Mike, Hubbard riders. From the start we heard thunder & saw lightning in the distance, but we got a good 3 hour ride in. Larry took us through the new trails as well as the old stuff. We got a chance to talk about all the plans for future events while riding along. Discussing different ideas and how trails become well...trails! It all starts with a dream and through help from all involved it becomes a new wonderful place to spend time riding or hiking.

One of the newest trails we rode does a roaming climb through low scrub with no sharp bends or kinks as it arrives at the top of the hill, I could see Gene written all over this trail. Gene's trail designs use the land in a way that shows the user every bit of it, yet you still have a feeling of adventure. You know your climbing yet can't see the top, but aren't in a hurry to get there. Of course it winds back down with the same characteristic flow always pushing you from behind with challenges of stream crossing and short quick steep mini uphills.

Two years ago I was very lucky to help organize, plan and build trails as a representative of North Eastern Pa Mt bike Association (NEPMTBA) at the Nature Conservancy's Moosic Mt Preserve (NCMMP) working with Larry and Gene and Hubbard and they have done a wonderful job from then to now, where 2 years ago there was no one riding or hiking in the places we and others rode today! Just take a minute and think about that fact!

NCMMP is fantastic, alive, and it can be said, it is a totally successful project where local Mt Bikers working along side all our new friends at NC towards a shared goal have created a place for all to enjoy.

Ride it, Hike it, Enjoy It

Greg & Paris and Ed where are ya? Gotta ride together sometime...LOL

I can say, the friends who rode it with me for the first time today are all coming back to ride it again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    can't wait to try the new section, BTW there was a good article about MMC in sunday's standard-speaker(hazelton), i think the horn blowing was kept to a minimum once again great work guys

mtbr member

GOtta get up there to try the new stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by slowdave
    can't wait to try the new section, BTW there was a good article about MMC in sunday's standard-speaker(hazelton), i think the horn blowing was kept to a minimum once again great work guys
    ditto for me. I took a look at the maps on Hubbard site of the new trails....wow! amazing amount of new stuff in a short time. Lee's description really sounds fantastic. Slow Dave...save the article if you think of it....would like to see it. Thanks to all. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Jeff & Dave:

Great stuff that fits your style of ridin, you gotta ride it!

Horn blowing about great stuff to ride rules!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    The new trails are awesome! Just rode them yesterday and it took about 4 hours..... I like to take my time...... The one trail that criss crosses the stream like 3 or 4 times is ridiculously awesome!

mtbr member
    Cool. Now the trail building stops, and the Maintenance begins. Time to take care of 4 sections that need water control. I'll post workdays up within a couple days. Thanks guys. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Members who have read this thread: 0