ride on saturday in western pa- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2014

ride on saturday in western pa

im new to this and just seeing if anyone in the pitt area to go ride on saturday. I m up for anything. just message me if ur up to it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by inkers76 View Post
    im new to this and just seeing if anyone in the pitt area to go ride on saturday. I m up for anything. just message me if ur up to it
    What part of pittsburgh you from?
    2017 Surly Ogre

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    What part of pittsburgh you from?
    I live in new staton .im about 15 mins east of the city

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Do you mean New Stanton? That's farther than 15 minutes from the city, but closer to me in Uniontown.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rav400 View Post
    Do you mean New Stanton? That's farther than 15 minutes from the city, but closer to me in Uniontown.
    yea im in new stanton. I have made to pittsburgh in 15. Were about in uniontown are u i know some what about uniontown i del down there for my job

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'm near the mall. Not too many places to ride down that way. Quebec Run, the Whitetail trail and Ohiopyle. Any good trails near New Stanton or Greensburg?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    there is twin lakes that is about 8_6 miles most of it single track.There are places at 7 spings and places like that. The best place that i found is raystown lake it fast and there are lot of trails.

mtbr member
    Closest trails to New Stanton would be 7 Springs, Pleasant Valley Park, and Whiteoak Park. Springs is pretty much done for the year, ski season opens this week. Pleasant Valley is fun and open to night riding so I ride there a lot this time of year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rav400 View Post
    I'm near the mall. Not too many places to ride down that way. Quebec Run, the Whitetail trail and Ohiopyle. Any good trails near New Stanton or Greensburg?
    Just wanted to point out that Quebec Run is one of the best places to ride in the entire state. That place is a true treasure, but I wouldn't ride there alone.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by InvictaS1 View Post
    Closest trails to New Stanton would be 7 Springs, Pleasant Valley Park, and Whiteoak Park. Springs is pretty much done for the year, ski season opens this week. Pleasant Valley is fun and open to night riding so I ride there a lot this time of year.
    If you have technical skills, go to Laurel Mountain instead of 7 Springs. Amazingly rocky outcrop formations where you can spend all day on top of the ridge if desired: Laurel Mountain, Forbes State Forrest | Laurel Highlands On & Off Road Bicycling Association (LHORBA)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhmr View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Quebec Run is one of the best places to ride in the entire state. That place is a true treasure, but I wouldn't ride there alone.
    Where is this Quebec run you speak of?
    2017 Surly Ogre

mtbr member
    Regarding Laurel Run area trails, any idea of how they will be after this period of wet weather? I am thinking of going Friday morning. Also, am I correct that the heavy hunting season does not start until Monday Dec 1st?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    This is true. I have ridden Quebec Run, but not alone. I usually do ride alone and don't mind it especially because I'm slow, however, I scared myself this past summer when passed I within a foot of timber rattler along the Whitetail trail. It was just off of the trail. I stopped to look at it from a distance until it started to rattle at me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    Where is this Quebec run you speak of?
    Quebec Run Wild Area | Laurel Highlands On & Off Road Bicycling Association (LHORBA)

It's right by Ohiopyle at the WV border. Like I said, I'd highly recommend riding with a buddy since your aren't likely to see anyone else there on the MTB trails. Strava rides there usually clock in at 13 miles with 2500' of rocky elevation gain, so make sure you arrive there in decent shape. Clockwise is the proper direction, but I've ridden it the other way as well (much harder).

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    That trail sound like fun. I mite have to hit the trail there raystown lake is still my fav so far. I don't know if anyone has it that tail up but it is a good time and good trails

mtbr member
    I don't ride Laurel nearly as much as I should. Raystown is fun but could use some more terrain features.