Ride at Fair Hlll this weekend- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    52

    Ride at Fair Hlll this weekend

    don't have any riding plans yet - I'm thinking about possibly riding Fair Hill this weekend. if anyone is interested in joining me - the pace would be moderate/sport-ish, and hit a lot of the stuff that was used in the poker run/race course. Day and time is flexible at the moment, just seeing if there's any interest.

  2. #2
    Cyclovore
    Reputation: Mike Kline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    155

    Geography lesson

    Fair Hill is where?
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

  3. #3
    in the getto
    Reputation: toe-knee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kline
    Fair Hill is where?
    Elkton , Maryland. right outside out Newark DE.
    it's a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite

  4. #4
    Never worng!
    Reputation: Verewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    622
    What is it singletrack, rail trail, etc. and what's the length?

  5. #5
    Respect Your Trails
    Reputation: dahoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    329
    Depending on what day, I'd like to join up for that. I've been looking for an excuse to get down there....and looks like the weather isn't going to be too bad. Maybe similar to this past weekend.

    As for me, Sunday would probably be best...... I don't necessarily need to be around to watch the birds play. At this point riding would be time better spent.



    Quote Originally Posted by retox
    don't have any riding plans yet - I'm thinking about possibly riding Fair Hill this weekend. if anyone is interested in joining me - the pace would be moderate/sport-ish, and hit a lot of the stuff that was used in the poker run/race course. Day and time is flexible at the moment, just seeing if there's any interest.

  6. #6
    Hoopy Frood
    Reputation: khill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    255

    Fair Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Verewolf
    What is it singletrack, rail trail, etc. and what's the length?
    It's rolling singletrack and doubletrack through fields and forest. Many, many miles of XC trails for all skill levels.

    More details are available here:

    http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclan.../fairhill.html
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Never worng!
    Reputation: Verewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    622
    Thanks much khill - very informative link.
    Looks like a great place to ride.
    I'd really like to give it a try someday. It's about 90 miles from where I live.

    If you go Sunday the weather is suppose to be around 50 degrees.
    Looks like a great day to ride. Have fun!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    388
    Do you drive down 95 to Fairhill?

    I have been wondering what the traffic is going to be like this weekend between the holiday and the shoppers...

  9. #9
    Never worng!
    Reputation: Verewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Do you drive down 95 to Fairhill?

    I have been wondering what the traffic is going to be like this weekend between the holiday and the shoppers...
    Wasn't sure if you were asking me but - the way I'd go there from here
    is to Lancaster then a series of backcountry roads to Elkton.

    Sunday is THE busiest traffic day of the year.
    I really do not want to drive too far from home on Sunday.
    It will be a total madhouse especially on interstates and the PA Turnpike.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    52
    [QUOTE=Phil]Do you drive down 95 to Fairhill?[/QUOTE


    It's fastest for me to take back roads to RT. 1 south, then take the west grove exit or 896 south.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    52
    Sunday is okay with me, and it looks like it will be warmer than saturday. I'm thinking about starting from the North Appleton Parking Lot around 10am, and hitting lots of my favorite trails.


    Quote Originally Posted by dahoos
    Depending on what day, I'd like to join up for that. I've been looking for an excuse to get down there....and looks like the weather isn't going to be too bad. Maybe similar to this past weekend.

    As for me, Sunday would probably be best...... I don't necessarily need to be around to watch the birds play. At this point riding would be time better spent.

  12. #12
    Respect Your Trails
    Reputation: dahoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    329
    Is anyone still planning on going down there....or has traffic, etc. ruled out a ride?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    52
    i'll be there around 11AM with one other guy. the plan is to start from the north appleton lot.

  14. #14
    Respect Your Trails
    Reputation: dahoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    329
    I'll try to get down there in time as long as everything goes smoothly. Probably take about and hr. and 1/2 for me. Gonna try to avoid 95 so not to get stuck in holiday traffic. I'll look for you guys in the lot.



    Quote Originally Posted by retox
    i'll be there around 11AM with one other guy. the plan is to start from the north appleton lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.