Returning to PA (Johnstown)....- Mtbr.com
    the unvarnished nonsense

Returning to PA (Johnstown)....

Looks like we're leaving the Snowshoe area and returning to PA, specifically the Westmont area of Johnstown. I know we'll be about 25-30 minutes from Laurel Mt, and even closer to Blue Knob, but is there any riding closer to Johnstown that I may not know about? Is the LAHORBA group still active in that area? Any info is greatly appreciated. Eagerly awaiting my repatriation to PA.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    LHORBA is still going strong
    http://www.lhorba.org/Home.html
    Im sure you can get plenty of info from them, Im actually up in state college, just like to ride the trails over there and hang out with Mucker and the gang on occasion.

mtbr member
    Lhorba is still going strong as far as I know. (I actually need to join up with them this year!). And there is some decent riding around johnstown. I live about 5 minutes away from Highland Park in Richland. Its decent riding and maintained by LHORBA. Its a very small park so you double back on path a lot but for a quick 5 mile ride its tough to beat. They have some skinnies and a teeter tooter(which I now see is blocked off..) and some decent rock gardens.

I think thats as good as it gets very close by. There are the powerline and atv trails in the West end too. I heard there is some singletrack in Stackhouse park in westmont but haven't been up there yet.

Its rumored that there may be some singletrack built on the property of UPJ this year but thats all I know...

I still feel that Laurel mountain is your best bet if you want to spend a weekend day riding. Most of what we have nearby is much better suited for when you have an hour or 2 to spare on a week night

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    There is some good riding out at 7 springs in somerset downhill trails xc everything about 30 bucks to get in for a whole day thats not bad when its over 60 just to snowboard there and out in colver there is a rail road bed that goes to strongstown and it also goes to dill town and kind of intersects with the gost town trail it starts right across from the colver boney dumps if you dont know where this is its in between nanty glo and ebensburg

Members who have read this thread: 0