Rattling Creek BASH 2012?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rattling Creek BASH 2012?

Does anyone know if the Rattling Creek BASH is going to survive in 2012 and if so what weekend it will be?

I know 2011 was the "Last BASH" for the RCST, but there was a rumor that VMB was gonna take it over. True? False? Any info?

P.S. Thanks to everyone who helped put on this great event in the years past!

mtbr member

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

So much good stuff...

...to attend in Pa!

Glad to see it continues, and thanks to all who make it go!

mtbr member
    I'm asking about a different event...

I'm taking about the BASH festival that was put on by The Rattling Creek SingleTrackers and was held the weekend of September 15th. Bands, beer truck, and a weekend of great riding (not racing).

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymetal View Post
    This is a race- not the BASH weekend. The BASH was put on by RCST, this race weekend is put on by High Speed Cycling. The Rattling 50 is a good time, but it isnt in the same spirit as the BASH.

mtbr member
    I'm only passing along what I've heard here (I don't know any more than this).

Camp Muckelratz is rented out for the Sept 14-16 weekend for the "non-bash" this year.

No services provided. Pack your own grub, beers, etc. And be sure to pack out anything you bring in - garbage goes home with you.

Luckily the latest edition of IMBA's newsletter has the Ratting Map smack in the middle so grab that too and have a great weekend at RC!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I remember after last years bash, it was posted on RCST website that the bash was going to live on and be run by Valley. The date was 9/14-16/12, but their website hasn't been updated for some time. I don't know if they will go all out like years past, or if anything will happen at all. Hope something happens, if not, I'll still be back riding the trails!!

mtbr member
    Yea, they're not going all out. VMB thing didn't work out. This year, no services provided. But if peeps want to go camp out at Muckelratz and do some riding together that's all good. The camp is rented out and bunkhouse is open too. But beyond that, nada. Be self sufficient. Be cool. Clean up after yourself. That sort of thing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Any cost associated? Someone had to put down some money to reserve Muckelratz. Is there a way to get an informal head count (roll call) from this forum?

mtbr member
    So I'm trying to decide whether to camp for the non-bash or just ride Saturday the 15th. If there will be even a micro-party I'm probably down for camping. If it's going to be just me and the daddy-long-legs that inhabit the pit toilets, I'll pass and spend another blissful night on my pillow-top Serta. Any estimates of how many will show?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Was out riding this morning, and came across several large groups of riders, quite a few from the DC area. Ran in to a few people from State College area, and also Philly area. Looks like even though the official bash is not here, the unofficial bash had a great turnout. Lot said they are camping out at Camp Muckleratz for the weekend. If anyone has the time, come on down and hit the trails up tomorrow. Most of the trails are in really goods shape. A few trees down on Fawn Kill, but for the most part, every thing is fast and fun!!

Members who have read this thread: 0