Rattling Creek- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rattling Creek

mtbr member

Rattling Creek

I am finally getting the chance to ride rattling creek next week because I am going to be up in Harrisburg for work. I've been searching the forums but can't seem to find an answer to a couple questions, so if you could help me out, it would be appreciated.

1. I plan on riding the Epic loop - how long does it take for a relatively fit rider with decent tech skills to complete. I was guessing 3-4 hours; and

2. Is there a decent place for food (and a beer would be super) along 209? My route home takes me through Lykens on 209 toward Tower City then down Gold Mine Rd back to 76E.

Thanks.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Chilling out
    1. Seems reasonable, I'm not *that* fit and can get it in 5 hours. Be advised one of the rock gardens on Fawn Kill has had some major trees down on it, don't know whether power-tools have gone in to make it passable yet on-bike, was walk-able. Still, just a short section affected.

2. I've eaten at Nino's in Tower City (west edge of town, on your right as you're heading back from the ride). Not sure if that's before or after Gold Mine Rd though. Food was good. There may be very valid other options, I just don't know.

I usually plan for 3.5-3.75hr if I'm riding by myself. Not a lot of options for food. I think Lykens has a pizza joint and a Subway on the main drag. For beer I've always brought a cooler, I've never looked, but I suspect you probably won't find a place with much selection.

Chilling out
    Update, rode most of the standard Epic today at Rattling Creek (all but Stone Cabin / Rugged), all the downed trees cleared up on Fawn Kill, etc. Thanks SAMBA!

Conditions were almost Hero Dirt and Rock, things were humid at the start which is why we all were riding a very social paced ride. Total sweat fest. Great times though.

Nino's had an excellent Birch Beer on draft, if you like that kind of thing. Good solid post-ride food otherwise. They also had real beer on the menu, if you're into that kind of thing.
    Last edited by bear; 06-15-2015 at 06:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Got out there late afternoon today. The epic loop was biting off more than I could chew; having never been there before, the super hot humid conditions and the bear cub I almost ran over on Hop Back, I cut it short. I thought it was someones cute little black dog and i wondered what it was doing way out there, then i realized it was a cute little bear cub, which then lead to thinking holy sh!t where is mama.

Thank God mama bear didn't come running, but it freaked me out for the rest of the ride being that I was alone. I got a good sampling of trail out there though - stone cabin loop, hop back, fawn kill, preserve, rattling creek, doc smith. That place was really a gut check for me, lots of fun but burly trail.

That's still a good loop, I've done it before. The two really good trails you missed were Wolf Pond and Rock's Ridge East. The rest of it is meh.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jonz View Post
    That's still a good loop, I've done it before. The two really good trails you missed were Wolf Pond and Rock's Ridge East. The rest of it is meh.
    Yes, these two trails are a blast if you like technical rock lines. Check out Carsonville Hotel on Powell's valley road for post food/beer.

mtbr member
    Jonz - tend to agree for Hop Back and Fawn Kill. Hop Back was kind of overgrown w/ a lot of grass covering the rocks, so you were flying blind in spots, but it was not a bad trail. Fawn Kill had some fun spots and some really hard rock gardens. I thought the money on that loop was Rattling Creek trail and Doc Smith. You could get a little more speed and flow. Next time I get out there, I will check out Wolf Pond, Rocks Ridge and Carsonville Hotel for post food/beer. Thanks for the recommendation.

I just meant most of the trails you missed (aside from Wolf P and RR East) are kinda meh: Shale run is best in the non-epic direction. Then there's gravel road, Rock's Ridge West (which is partly skippable)and Matter, none of which are anything to write home about. You're right, Fawn Kill and Hopback get very grown in every summer. Haven't been down there lately and wasn't sure if anyone had been in to beat it back yet.

mtbr member
    I got you. I misunderstood. Thanks. Next time should I park at Minnich Hit trail head? I parked off SR4013, which is where they say to park for the epic. Overall Rattling Creek was very cool though. Classic Central PA riding. It really put an a$$ whipping on me. I have to find time to get back there.

You could, I've also parked near the intersection of Schreffler Rd and White Oak Rd, though my primary spot has always been the east end lot. IMO the western half of the epic (everything west of Preserve Line) rides good both CCW and CW. The only trail at RC that should truly only be ridden one-way is the Rattling Creek Trail....it's a complete waste to ride it uphill. Another way to shorten the epic is to skip Rugged Trail... but that's a pretty fun trail.

Chilling out
    When out there on Sunday we ran into some SAMBA people who were sharing some info, among other things there's a new trail going in that connects down from near Rocks Ridge west (towards the hang glider area) to take you all the way down to the bottom of Iron Mine.

I don't have specific info on entry/exit location but it sounds like it'll be a fabulous addition to the network.

I think it may open up the western parking at the bottom a bit as a place to go from as you'd have a non-sucky singletrack climb up, and a singletrack down finish.

Sure, blasting the doubletracks is good, but singletrack is better.

"Major Props" to the SAMBA gang for the continuing work!
    Last edited by bear; 06-16-2015 at 10:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    "Major Props" to the SAMBA gang for the continuing work!
    Yeah Man, I was thinking that when I was out there - someone out there is super dedicated to put in and maintain that trails system. It is out there and some pretty rugged terrain to be humping in tools and working. Those guys should get some serious props.

It's a Turner!
    Anyone riding here Thurs or Fri? I'm planning on spending a day here riding everything. These are some of my favorite trails anywhere.

mtbr member
    From today...right on the trail in a fast twisty section of rat crk trl, just a bit before the bridge.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I'd run like a little girl!!!

smartass
    There was one at the same spot on during the SAMBA group ride on Sunday.

my church is the woods
    In the fight against lyme disease, we need more snakes. They eat 2,000 to 4,000 ticks a year!

mtbr member
    deitz, how did you finish your ride without those massive balls of yours getting in the way? That is a sweet pic and pretty clear. I think I'd be shaking like a leaf if I was that close and had the sense to pull out my camera.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I just saw in the news last weekend where (I think a hiker?) was bit by a rattlesnake up at Medix Run (by Benezette, PA) and later died.

mtbr member
    Yeah I saw that too; said he was sitting by the fire at his camp in a real remote area and went into anaphylatic shock and died on the heli ride to Pittsburgh. Talk about bad luck. Poor guy.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Put in a ride at RC today. No snakes but I did manage to scare two bear cubs up a tree - end of Rattling Creek trail, after bridge, where it intersects Doc Smith. The two made a hell of a noise as they scampered up the trunk - about 30 yards from me. In an effort not to meet mom, I headed up DS in a hurry.
    Last edited by chasepage; 08-01-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    damn thats crazy to roll up on in PA. I mean I know they are around but def not expecting to see one sitting cozy on the trail like that. in SEPA we occasionally might see a copperhead and even that seems to rare while biking especially since you are going fast

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizman View Post
    I just saw in the news last weekend where (I think a hiker?) was bit by a rattlesnake up at Medix Run (by Benezette, PA) and later died.
    wow thats crazy. pretty remote area I wonder how long an adult has after being bitten by one of these to live until getting to a hospital and more importantly one that has antivenom

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moonraker View Post
    In the fight against lyme disease, we need more snakes. They eat 2,000 to 4,000 ticks a year!
    would never imagine a snake would bother w a meal that small

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhamss View Post
    would never imagine a snake would bother w a meal that small
    They are likely along for the ride with the rodents the snakes eat. Kind of like poppy seeds on a bagel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2006 View Post
    They are likely along for the ride with the rodents the snakes eat. Kind of like poppy seeds on a bagel.
    haha that makes more sense

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hit Rattling Creek on Sunday. It's been on my bucket list for a while now. No more. Very cool network. Read the write up on MTB Project and headed out.

Parked at the large west lot off of Quarry Road (Rowland Picnic Area). Planned on doing the IMBA epic route. Knew climbing Deep Hollow was the only way to get to the trails. Pretty much what I expected. 800'+ in a little under 2 miles. Good warm up, but the loose steep pitch towards the top that the horses chew up was a kicker. Did the epic loop less the east loop on the other side of the paved road (forget the trail names). Moving time was a bit under 3.5hrs. with a lot of slowing down to stop and check the map at almost every intersection. Happy to say didn't stray off the route by more than 100' or so. Pointer to other 1st timers - take a picture of the trail map at the trailhead and use it along with the on-line route prompts. MTB Project for example has the route, but some of the trail names/start/end points don't correlate with actual conditions. This is where the on site trail map helps.

A few comments/questions for RC regulars:

- Is Wolf Pond climbable from the lower lot? As stated I took Deep Hollow up then down, but upon riding Wolf Pond on top, got to thinking what its like on the lower portion. Good downhill too?
    - West Rocks Ridge, and Wolf Pond is just hard to put into words. Need to ride it. Great trail routing, and making the terrain challenging, but not impossible. Seemed to go on forever - obstacle after obstacle. Definitely a great workout both physically and mentally.
    - Rattling Creek - again awesome trail. Great variety in terrain.
    - The east loop I skipped (was at halfway point when I got to them, and wasn't sure what return leg would be like. Err'd on the safe side). Did I miss anything good?
    - Any good trails not in the epic loop that are worth hitting?

Definitely will be back now that I know what those woods hold. Props to the trail crew that maintain this network.

Chilling out
    I haven't taken Wolf Pond all the way down the west side hill past the hang glider area. From the Strava Heat Map it looks like it'd be a good addition to my loop out there. Maybe I'll check it out, weather permitting, this coming weekend. From the obvious squiggles at the end that appears to connect with Iron Mine that's going to be a punchy as heck section. Inferring from topo-map data I'd say that most of it is climb-able, but I haven't had wheels-on so take that with a huge grain of salt.

The first time I rode Rattling I started where you did, and climbed Iron Mine and finished on Deep Hollow. Iron Mine is a PITA grunt doubletrack climb, but it is climbable. Deep Hollow was probably more "fun" of a climb, but longer.

The east loop (Stone Cabin / Rugged) is a fun little taste, somewhat different character than a lot of the network. I wouldn't feel bad about skipping it, but it's worth adding in sometime when you're out for a big day.

Personally, I prefer to park at the east-side lot just off Lykens rd. I use the Stone Cabin / Rugged loop counter-clockwise as a warmup loop before headnig out to the rest of the network. I access the system from the east though so this also makes sense. Coming from the other direction may make more sense to access from Elizabethville.

I believe it's SAMBA that maintains the trails there now, and I agree they are hugely appreciated. The former management and most of the build-out credit goes to the Rattling Creek Singletrackers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    last time i was there i couldn't believe how good the trails were and how there were ZERO cars in the parking lot on a perfect summer day (granted it was a friday).

that place is pretty perfect! definitely should be on everyone's bucket list.

the couple times i was there i was very glad to have my GPS and a good base map (OpenStreetMap on a garmin is perfect). I downloaded the route off MTB Project. No issues getting lost all day. Probably wouldn't be impossible at a place like this without a GPS but not having to ever guess makes putting the GPS in your pocket (and the time it takes to get the route on the device) is well worth it to me.

Anyhow didn't mean to turn this into a GPS commercial...

Rattling creek is as good as it gets riding in PA (and we have some good trail). Get there!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Personally, I prefer to park at the east-side lot just off Lykens rd. I use the Stone Cabin / Rugged loop counter-clockwise as a warmup loop before headnig out to the rest of the network. I access the system from the east though so this also makes sense. Coming from the other direction may make more sense to access from Elizabethville.
    ^this, always. Even if coming from Elizabethville, it's only about a 10min drive between Eliz and Lykens. IMO, it's silly to park at the bottom of the mountain and start the ride with a 800' loose gravel DT climb.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jonz View Post
    ^this, always. Even if coming from Elizabethville, it's only about a 10min drive between Eliz and Lykens. IMO, it's silly to park at the bottom of the mountain and start the ride with a 800' loose gravel DT climb.
    Not really. Take away the initial climb and you are looking at a fairly flat loop for the mileage, relatively speaking when compared to other PA rides. For those who like to get some climbing, and descending in it works. Next time I'll probably park at the east lot and ride the gravel roads and double track to access my short list of preferred trails. If I'm up for some climbing, then Deep Hollow. Prefer to descend on singletrack, thus the inquiry on Wolf Pond.

Chilling out
    While I agree that Rattling isn't Colorado-hilly, it's also not Kansas-flat.

Much as a ton of people love the extended descent (I'm a big fan of it as the finish to a ride), many social riders don't want that much continuous climbing either.

{shrug} Different strokes for different folks.

Either way, you ride the big loop, including Stone Cabin/Rugged, and I doubt you feel short-changed even without climbing Deep Hollow or Iron Mine.

At least not by much.

FWIW, I'm stupid enough I climbed Iron Mine on a bike with 8" of travel and a 55mm stem. Never again. Yuck. Was the only bike I cleaned all the rocks on Fawn Kill with though, in one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by wi1trackrider View Post
    Not really. Take away the initial climb and you are looking at a fairly flat loop for the mileage, relatively speaking when compared to other PA rides. For those who like to get some climbing, and descending in it works. Next time I'll probably park at the east lot and ride the gravel roads and double track to access my short list of preferred trails. If I'm up for some climbing, then Deep Hollow. Prefer to descend on singletrack, thus the inquiry on Wolf Pond.
    Okay then, was just trying to be helpful since it was your first time there and were asking for advise, also the traditional epic starts at the east lot, but I guess you've already got it all figured out.
    Last edited by jonz; 09-10-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Chilling out
    Hey SAMBA,

I finally got to ride the new Wolf Pond extension down to Iron Mine, and back up.

That's a nice piece of "fresh meat" work ... and the bench cut on the lower section is insane (well done).

Gives me something to strive for, cleaning the climb.

Peace.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good reason to start with that 800' climb up deep hollow, finishing up with that nice decent down the WP extention.
    Help, I'm a rock!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Bikergirl69, myself(mtnbiker64) Bankofdad, and James hit up RC yesterday for a thrill filling fall ride. Started out on Rugged to Stone Cabin onto Doc Smith to Fawn kill. Then hit Shale Run to Grimms to Wolf Pond. From there we did Rocks Ridge West and East. Then to Matter onto Preserve Line, down to Dry Run and hit Rattling Creek, and ended with Doc Smith. All for a total of 23 miles. Other than leaves covering parts of the trails, it was a great ride. Cleared some of the rock sections and didn't clear others. Just surprised there weren't more riders out there.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64 View Post
    Just surprised there weren't more riders out there.
    Didn't you get the memo "Mt biking is dead" LOL

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Lee, I almost felt like I was dead after riding some of the rock sections.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    mtbiker64,

Glad you guys were out and about at RC,... good stuff!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Some of the rock sections, looking forward to another ride there.

Rattling Creek-rattling-creek-005.jpgRattling Creek-rattling-creek-003.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    gotta love rocks and some beautiful scenery to ride there.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Anyone got a good route from the East lot, looking for about 15miles. Don't want to kill anyone in our group just have fun. Used to riding typical eastern Pa terrain just taking a small group of guys and none of us have been there before.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

Chilling out
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Anyone got a good route from the East lot, looking for about 15miles. Don't want to kill anyone in our group just have fun. Used to riding typical eastern Pa terrain just taking a small group of guys and none of us have been there before.
    as alternative you may consider starting the ride from the Minnichs Hit picnic area deeper in ... there's picnic tables and a pit toilet there and people can early-out if they want to, with a mostly downhill / gravel road return to parking if desired ... it DOES take a bit more time to get into as you need to drive in the dirt Lykens Rd to the White Oak intersection.

A route I suggested to someone taking a mixed group went like this ... (cribbed from email) ...

cheers, and have fun!

--cut here--

Driving directions from Tower City / 209:

- Drive west on 209 to Lykens
    - At the stop-light in Lykens, turn left onto Market Street
    - Take the left onto Glen Park Rd just after the short concrete bridge
    - Turn right onto Lykens Rd (dirt) after about a mile, if you pass trailhead parking on your right you've gone too far!
    - Take Lykens Rd into the forest until it intersects with White Oak Rd (dirt) - couple miles?
    - Turn left onto White Oak Rd (dirt)
    - Minnich's Hit trailhead/picnic area will be on the left after approximately 1/2 mile

Refer to MTB Project mapping for detailed trail information :

Rattling Creek, South Central PA | MTB Project

Consider installing mtbproject app on Android or iOS phone to have on the ride, along with the PA map data!

Ride Plan (19.9 as shown)

This basically picks up the featured ride (Rattling Creek IMBA Epic) with the Wolf Pond single-track entry, skip's Doc Smith trail, along with Stone Cabin/Rugged Trail which lie east of Glen Park Rd, and treats Fawn Kill/Preserve Line/Shale Run as optional.

1. Go south (uphill) on White Oak Rd from the parking area (away from Lykens Rd)
    2. At intersection with Luke's Trail (double-track, gated) at top of hill turn right onto Luke's
    3. After approximately 1/2 mile turn right onto Wolf Pond trail (singletrack), watch for wooden post marking trail.
    4. When Wolf Pond single-track intersects with double-track the first time, go left and watch for single-track continuance about 100 yards away (this avoids a deeper muddy creek crossing)
    5. When Wolf Pond single-track intersects Matter Trail double-track, turn left
    6. Take to top of hill to hang glider launch parking
    7. Turn right and go through gate to hang glider launch area
    8. Stop and appreciate view, have a quick snack.
    9. Exit n/e from the launch area and go down through the freshly cleared slope to the doubletrack
    10. Turn right onto the double-track (had hay on it last time I was there)
    11. Turn left onto Rocks Ridge trail after about 100 yards (wooden post marker)
    12. Follow Rock's Ridge straight across Wolf Pond Rd, but pausing there is a good option for a quick stop n snack
    13. Second section of Rock's Ridge (between Wolf Pond Rd and Matter double-track) has 3 or 4 more challenging sections, along with some more serious but brief rock gardens
    14. Turn right onto gravel rd at exit of Rock's Ridge, go briefly down hill and turn hard-left onto Matter trail single-track
    15. Continue straight across White Oak Rd to continue on Matter trail
    16. When Matter single-track ends turn hard left onto Preserve Line double-track
    17. Right after short steep punchy climb turn right, go through gate, and onto Sheffler Run single-track
    18. Take Sheffler Run single-track to hard right intersection with Dry Run single-track
    19. Approximately 1/4 mile down Dry Run turn left onto Rattling Creek single-track (wooden post marker)
    20. Take a nice break at the bottom of Rattling Creek trail at the actual creek crossing
    21. Turn right onto Lykens Rd
    22. Turn left onto Fawn Kill trail after about 1/4 mile
    23. Turn left onto Preserve Line trail
    24. Turn right onto Shale Run trail
    25. When Shale Run forks left/right, go right to head back down to parking

Early Exits

- 1: (S15, drop ~10.3m single-track) When Matter trail single-track cross White Oak Rd, turn right onto and go down White Oak back to the parking area
    - 2: (S19, drop ~8.6m single-track) Instead of turning left onto Rattling Creek trail from Dry Run, continue on Dry Run until it runs-out onto Lykens Rd. Turn right onto Lykens Rd, then left onto White Oak Rd, and back to the parking area
    - 3: (S22, drop ~4.4m single-track) Skip Fawn Kill and use Lykens Rd to get back to start (not a huge distance save, but a potentially big effort and time reduction)

Extension Option - Adds about 5 miles single-track.

After crossing creeks and climbing up from the bottom of Rattling Creek trail,
    - turn left onto Doc Smith trail
    - turn left onto Lykens Rd
    - turn right onto Glen Park Rd and go very briefly up to
    - turn left onto Stone Cabin trail
    - turn left onto Rugged Trail
    - turn right to exit Rugged, cross Glen Park Rd, and then go into parking lot
    - exit s-w corner of parking lot onto Hop Back trail
    - at exit of Hope Back trail turn left onto Lykens Rd
    - after about 1/2 mile turn left onto Fawn Kill single-track (pick back up step 22 above)

Things to note

- Wolf Pond single-track has some moderately rocky area but the slope is gentle
    - Rocks Ridge has some really but challenging rock sections, notably two "climbing moves" which have bad step-offs to one side
    - Matter Trail single-track is mostly downhill
    - Sheffler Run to Dry Run is all downhill
    - Rattling Creek from Dry Run to the bottom (2nd creek bridge) is 80% downhill and the climbs are easy, there is one rock garden (early on)
    - Fawn Kill trail has the most severe rock gardens on it, but they don't account for much distance
    - It is close to the same distance from end of Rattling Creek back to parking (road only vs Fawn Kill option)

mtbr member
    Holy crap that's a long post, thanks! Can I make it back those dirt roads with my little TC?

mtbr member
    Holy crap that's a long post, thanks! Can I make it back those dirt roads with my little TC?
    If a 'TC' is a Corolla, then yes, you'll be fine.
    If 'TC' is your name for your Lamborghini, then you *might* have some issues.

Take a cell pic of the trail map in the parking lot. It'll help some once out on the trails.
    I rode there for the first time last month and some of the trails aren't well marked.

And be ready to ride some serious rock. They should call the place 'Rattling Teeth.'

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chilling out
    If my Golf TDI can handle the dirt roads, most anything can. 5" clearance unloaded, 50 profile tires.

re: trail map

1. good idea Coal Cracker.

2. Put a PDF reader on your smart-phone and take the following : http://www.sambabiker.com/attachment...gCreek_Map.pdf

3. Both TrailForks and MTBProject have good coverage of Rattling Creek, if you use the app on your smartphone either will pre-download the network and then there's zero guessing where you are since the phone gps locates you. I have an Android phone and use the Locus Pro app, which has both offline mapping coverage and the ability to use any gpx as a reference - 100% offline.

4. Mobile service on the trails is pretty spotty, don't plan on using data connection while there.

5. Have fun, enjoy.

6. Above all, thanks to SAMBA for the efforts they put into maintaining these trails.

Oh, none of the maps have the new-er extension of Wolf Pond Trail ... a continuance from the intersection of Wolf Pond Trail + Rocks Ridge that goes all the way down to lower Iron Mine, near where Iron Mine and Deep Hollow intersect. Good stuff, but good work to get back up no matter how you do it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Me and a buddy have a nice 15.3 mile route from that lot.

1. From the lot head over to Stone Cabin to Rugged Trail counter-clockwise.

2. Ride the road over to Doc Smith and ride that east to west.

3. Head to Fawn Kill and ride that east to west.

4. Hang a right to the connector trail down to Preserve Line trail.

5. Take Preserve Line to Dry Run trail.

6. Hang a left onto Rattling Creek trail.

7. Ride Lykens Road and then pick up Hopback trail back to the lot.
    2011 Dawes Deadeye | 2011 Niner EMD9 | 2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy AL| 2016 Raleigh Merit 3| 2017 Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ GX

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fam Money View Post
    Me and a buddy have a nice 15.3 mile route from that lot.

1. From the lot head over to Stone Cabin to Rugged Trail counter-clockwise.

2. Ride the road over to Doc Smith and ride that east to west.

3. Head to Fawn Kill and ride that east to west.

4. Hang a right to the connector trail down to Preserve Line trail.

5. Take Preserve Line to Dry Run trail.

6. Hang a left onto Rattling Creek trail.

7. Ride Lykens Road and then pick up Hopback trail back to the lot.
    Carve this into stone, yes my fav route!

mtbr member
    Thanks Bear we went the route you posted instead and took the 2nd bail out. 2 guys were pretty hammered and 1 was having tire issues.

That place every was frigging awesome! Easy to navigate, fast at spots, classic NE rocks at spots and rad slabs you can ride across and drop off. I REALLY wanted to ride rattling creek trail but I was the only one. Gives me a reason to go back!

Chilling out
    Glad it came together, it is definitely worth another trip.

Rattling Creek trail in that direction is definitely worth it, mostly downwards but with enough pedaling and minor climbs to keep it honest. ;^)