Quebec Run virgin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Quebec Run virgin

Made it up to Quebec Run for the first time last night. I'd planned to do a 7.5 mile loop, but got lost on the way up. Still not sure how that happened. I found the Mill Run parking lot and did an out and back along Mill Run to Grist Mill. The terrain was a lot tougher than I thought it'd be. I expected something similar to Big Bear or Cooper's Rock, but it was tougher than both, imo. Roots everywhere, and like my friend Dave says, no matter where you go it's uphill. The amount of variety amazed me-really rooty and rocky sections then fast and smooth sections. Just totally blew my mind.

Found a good map here: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/Forestry...sQuebecRun.pdf

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quebec run is awesome, but 14 miles feels like 25 at Big Bear. Not terribly technical, but you gotta be in decent shape.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    First time post - so Hello all,

I did a search for Quebec since it's in my backyard and I'm up there on most Sundays. We've done some traveling to other trails, Allegrippis, 7Springs and WV points, but find nothing compares to QR

Hands down best run for me is to park at the N parking lot, take Miller trail (fast dh sections) down to Mill Run and out to Quebec road then S to Brocker (go Left) and run back in to Mill Run trail. That will go back out to Quebec Road then head N back to the N parking lot.

Or park on Skyline by the Laurel Caverns and take Whitetail Trail into Miller. all good stuff.

I've signed up w/ the DCNR to start a volunteer crew to help out the one and only maintenance staffer working the trail system. I'll post activity dates if anyones interested.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

First,

Thanks for setting up a crew with DCNR Great news!

Yes, by all means post your workdays as we would bring a crew up to help. Do you have a website were you can post pics, maps, and rides? Of course this thread would work also for that.

NEPMTBA
    GOOD LUCK

Members who have read this thread: 0