Pumping Station Rd/Camp Mack?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Pumping Station Rd/Camp Mack?

I drive by and see a lot of people with bikes on my way to Mt. Gretna on 322(Punping Station Road Parking lot) but have never been there to ride. If possible, I would love for someone to show me around if anyone is up there regularly.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Pumping station is a general term used by many to describe that general area. That being said, the surrounding trails are SGL, Private owners, Camp Mack and Camp Shand.

I won't speak about the great trails that are not "Legal" here, but can address the J. Edward Mack Scout Reservation.

The scout camp property is not adjacent to rt 322, but is located about .5 miles up the yellow blazed horseshoe trail if entering at the SGL sign on the north side of 322.

The Camp is private property and is not a public park. Biking on the land requires a permit of $25 and is good for 12 months. The permits can be purchased at Green Mountain Cyclery http://www.greenmtncyclery.com/ You will need to fill out a waiver/application and have a check or money order made out to the Boy Scouts of America. GMC can not accept cash or credit card, as they are just handling the paper work. If you want more information about this, it's on our website below.

http://www.sambabiker.com/camp-mack

Matt Myers, SAMBA-Trail coordinator Camp Mack

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks a lot for the great info. I live minutes from Green Mountain and know someone that works there too so I will definitely check it out. If any of the trails are anything like trails #4 or #15 at Gretna, I will be all over it, although I did go over the bars last night at Gretna.
    I will also check out your site

mtbr member
    I know the guys at GMC well, and they can get you hooked up with a pass, and Zack can get you a tour from him or somebody else. The trails are a good mix of fast and slow technical. SAMBA has been creating new trails and doing trail work for several years now, and have more to come next year.

Happy riding

Matt

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    You can ride around Camp Shand and surrounding areas, but I didn't tell you that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintPeelinPbody
    You can ride around Camp Shand and surrounding areas, but I didn't tell you that.
    LOL. there aren't great trails on the other side of 322 either!

Members who have read this thread: 0