Prompton state park trails- Mtbr.com

Sep 2006

Prompton state park trails

I got to ride my trails today & not work on them.I have to say a BIG thanks to the few guys that came to help,nice job on the 170 side. Its too bad we don`t have more riders like these guys to help work the trails , we would all be better off.I`am going to be working some of the trails on the back side as there is still a lot of cutting back to do. But thanks again to the ones that helped Kevin

mtbr member
    Kev, Randy and I cut the West Shore trail in two days! One brush hog on the right. The other got the left. I went up today and started at the Air plane field and cut the weeds back into the WST and headed up Orchard. 3.5 hrs and only about 1/4 mile done?

Randy, I might try Frinight again this week. If you're interested, give me a call. The messed up part is the section that we got done is less than a quarter of what's on that side and it took 2 of us two days!

I hope we can cut that entire side back, but it's going to take a while.
    Sunday we were up Lackawanna State Park to put in what might officially be the last "new" trail. Of course there's the maintenance part too. Not to mention Moosic. I need to get a full time job doing trail maintenance! I got a new toy for up Moosic.

Ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Wizard of the Trail
    Kev, it was nice meeting you out on the trails. Its good to hear that you got some saddle time in. Rob, call, email or PM me if you plan on working on prompton Friday. Let me know by tomorrow sometime. I am heading out now to do some riding.

TTYL
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

Sep 2006
    Sorry I have to do that work thing all day friday till 8 pm ,I worked the back side some wednesday afternoon,& I`am going to try next week some time depending on the weather. thanks again Kevin

mtbr member
    We'll be up tomorrow to finish the later section of Orchard. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Members who have read this thread: 0