Prompton state park trails- Mtbr.com

Sep 2006

Prompton state park trails

I`ll get right to the point,Ineed help cutting back all the picker & brush along the trails.I don`t know if other trail systems are like this ,but with all the rain I just can`t keep up with al the cutting by myself.I work the trails before & after work,& try to ride sometime too.You don`t need me around if someone wants to come up on their day off weekends or when ever it`s ok to do it on your own.The trail that need work are the clif ,170side from boatlaunch north the red & white trails on the back side north too .I do ask if someone does come on their own ,post or let me know what trails were done so we don`t go to do a trail that is already done & please be careful.We need to work together to keep all mtbike trail open for all of us to ride,thanks Kevin

mtbr member
    Kev, I'll try to get up this week and clear back some of the 170 side. Is it Orchard and/or the West Shore trail that needs it. I can try to do both. I have 2 industrial brush hogs I can bring. I was up last year when the trees blew down and cleared that side. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    All the local stuff has turned into a rianforest. LSP had/has overgrown and Moosic has one trail this happened to. Blueberry has the 3' high ferns.
    Hubbard Bike Club

Wizard of the Trail
    Larry, I got the email from John. What day are you looking to go? Depending on the time, I am sure I can give you a hand. Let me know.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Tomorrow at 4
    Hubbard Bike Club

Wizard of the Trail
    Alright man, 4 it is. I will give you a call.

Sep 2006
    Both trails on the 170 side from the boat launch north to rc plane field,I`am going to do the clif trail sometime this week thanks for any help ya can give Kevin

mtbr member
    We'll hopefully get West Shore and Orchard. I'm not sure how the one blade works on the brush hog. We'll try our best to get both though. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Wizard of the Trail
    Weather isn't looking too good. I thought we were done with rain for at least a week.

ganginwood
    kevin,
    did you try dan and tony? they LOVE working on trails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

GoCyco
    Nov 2005
    I smell a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Sep 2006
    Dan rides so many laps around that he says he knocks down the brush when he rides ,that his story anyway .well I was up cutting for 3hrs today KP

mtbr member
    Kev, I plan on coming up on Friday and cutting the entire West side. Last night we got some of it, but due to a shitty blade on one of the hogs, we didn't get it all done. ttyl, Fahn.

PS, Randy, are you interested in going back up on Friday about the same time? I'll have a new blade by then.
    Hubbard Bike Club

Wizard of the Trail
    Rob, I can make it Friday. Let me know what time you plan on going. I will see if I can get my nephew up there as well, but plan on just me at this point. If he goes, I will bring a rake with me.

Sep 2006
    I was up today & did orchard trail from boat launch up to the 2nd stone wall.then back the red to where you guys stoped.There still some work to do in there & some where ya go in the orchard as ya cross the road going south of the boat launch.The cilf trail needs lots of work but I think my buddy Ron is going to try to do it on friday.Imay try to get out of work early to help,&thanks again for everyones help Kevin

mtbr member
    We'll go up and clear cut what you didn't get and touch up some other stuff too. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Members who have read this thread: 0