Prompton Conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Prompton Conditions

Howdy y'all,

I'll be in NEPA on Thursday staying for the weekend. I'd like to hit Prompton for a late Thursday ride after I drive up. I know Prompton does not dry as fast as other trails in the area. Assuming the forecast plays out like they are predicting right now with chance of rain through tomorrow morning, will Prompton be ok to ride Thursday afternoon? I have no problem hitting Moosic or Merli and saving Prompton until Saturday. However, Prompton on Thurs would be most convenient. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I was working on cutting back some of the trails Monday after work & they were fine , rock were a little slick from the hot humid weather.We are in the growing season now & the plants are sucking up a lot of the rain.Thats why the woods are like a jungle and the trails need to be cut back.All the trails are passable but some need some more cutting,have fun where ever you ride should be good anywhere you go I would think

mtbr member
    Thanks for the intel and of course the trail maintenance. The rain should be done for the week up that way so if anyone rides there today or tomorrow before say 4pm, an update would be greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Update - my buddy and I did 12.5 miles yesterday in Prompton. On the East side we stuck to the upper ridge trails like Hemlock, Eagle Pass, and Sugar Shack then hit the West Shore Trail for the ride back to our cars. With the exception of some overgrown spots the trails are in perfect shape. I wish I lived closer but feel lucky to get to ride up here 3-4 times a year. Tomorrow we're hitting Moosic. See you on the trails!